Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
If you need some helping getting this stuff done you gotta let us know what it is. If it's only the intake this must be a pretty unique setup. Sorry I'm kinda currious.

Black 99 CSVT #1820 of 2760 -Current Mods- DMD, KKM, Koni-Kit, HPP rear strut tower bar, metal water pump, tinted windows, Pioneer DEHP4600MP, 6x8 Pioneer 4ways
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
LOL, I don't need help! I'm just methodical and don't start anything until I am 100% sure I have all that is needed (that includes time as well as parts!)

Here's a list of what I am doing:

-Dual honed SVT upper manifold & optimized SVT throttle body install (sitting around for almost two years!)
-PCV oil separator (still collecting parts for this) to keep the new intake clean
-All new PCV hoses install (existing hoses are hard and cracking)
-New valve cover gaskets install (leaking)
-New IAC valve (had it for years, figured I'd use it)
-Port matching the lower intake manifold to the SVT upper as well as optimizing the secondary butterflies
-All the normal cleanup required for the gunky intake passages!

I expect the last two to take most of the time.

Note that in order to install the SVT throttle body, I had to get a new throttle cable, bracket, and a new TPS connector ripped from an old 3L Duratec since the connectors changed after 1995 (square to oval).

I've been trying to figure out how to retain traction control with the SVT TB, but haven't figured out an elegant solution. The connectors on the end of the cables are completely different and the cables are different lengths. So, I will install the SVT throttle cable and bypass the TC servo motor which throws the pedal back against your foot.

That's all I can think of for now.

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
I wish I lived closer to some of you guys. I'm no professional mechanic but I am capable of helping & I realy would enjoy it. Maybe the next time you guys get together for a mod day I will try to make it even if I don't have a mod in mind. Good luck & keep us posted.

Black 99 CSVT #1820 of 2760 -Current Mods- DMD, KKM, Koni-Kit, HPP rear strut tower bar, metal water pump, tinted windows, Pioneer DEHP4600MP, 6x8 Pioneer 4ways

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard