Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Hey everyone. I'm looking to buy a used vehicle in CT. Spend about $17000 through a dealer. I am a permanent resident of Florida (which is where I will register it), in the Military, and stationed here in CT. I was wondering if I will have to pay the 6% sales tax. Anyone know about these things?
Thanks in advance...

Black 98 SVT E0 SOLD!!!! Looking for E55 Those are SICK
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
you do pay tax on the sales price of the vehicle. By some quick math from the contour we just bought, it is 6%

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
all sales tax in the state of CT is 6%

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
if you register the viehicle in the state of CT then you will have to pay the 6% sales tax on the viehicle or $1020 plus registration fees.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i think u wont. i bought my car used outofstate in ny and didnt pay ny tax. the dealer handled the paperwork to transfer to ct. i had to pay ct dmv the ct taxes. it wasn't included in the financing. so u may have to pay florida taxes if your buying to transfer to florida. i got a 30 day temp pass that allowed me to drive the car across the state to take into ct and had to get an emissions test. once that was done dealer forwarded all info to ct dmv along with the amount of tax ct told them.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by hmouta:
i think u wont. i bought my car used outofstate in ny and didnt pay ny tax. the dealer handled the paperwork to transfer to ct. i had to pay ct dmv the ct taxes. it wasn't included in the financing. so u may have to pay florida taxes if your buying to transfer to florida. i got a 30 day temp pass that allowed me to drive the car across the state to take into ct and had to get an emissions test. once that was done dealer forwarded all info to ct dmv along with the amount of tax ct told them.

What he said.
I bought a car in NY to register here in MA. I went to NY DMV, showed them that I was not a resident, they issued a Vehicle In-Transit Permit (like temp tags) good for 30 days. If the vehicle was not out of the jurisdiction after that I would owe NY their 8% tax. I brought it home and paid 5% here.

I'm here for a good time, not a long time. '96 GL Zetec ATX (R.I.P.) '86 Mustang LX ragtop (wants to be 5.0 when it grows up) '96 Dodge Stratus '95 Mercury Sable wagon
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by hmouta:

I think you wouldn't have to pay CT taxes if the car was regestered in flordia only. otherwise you will have to pay sales tax to regester it in CT. Our new tour was from New Hampshire, a private sale, and we payed the sales tax to get the temp plate to have the vin inspection that the state does now

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
You will have to pay the tax for the state you register it in if there is sales tax in that state. I'm positive of this.

Roy

02 Camaro SS Purchased 04/01/02 12.75 @ 111.60 98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 LTD 15.35 @ 88. Stock PRICE REDUCED TO $8500 Email for pics

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard