Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i was wondering since i am doing this myself, can somebody tell me exactly where it is located? i like to do stuff on my own too, but i'm good at messing stuff up also. i always seem to find a way, but i guess i learn each time huh. i should get a manual for my car, but have not yet. it's usually the first thing i get, i just keep slackin. thanx a lot guys.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The Crankshaft sensor is located on the front side of the timing cover about 3/4 of the way down. Just above the Crank Dampener and next to the AC compressor. bolts into the timing chain cover.

-Nate
98.5 SVT
3L w/juice

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
SHUT UP, BEND OVER, & SPREAD YOUR CHEEKS!!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
yup, she's runnin like a champ again. 12.99 @ autozone w/3 month warranty. 10 minutes of painstaking labor....right. thanx for the help guys and nate it was the cam sensor not crank senor, but i found it, thanx.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Cool man.. glad to see it worked out.

-Nate

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
I would pull the plugs and check the gap, Autolites are quality plugs, so you shopuldn't have any probs. Good luck my friend!

Agreed, they are 'quality plugs', but they aren't the 'correct plugs'. The Motorcrafts are a (dealer quote) "fine wire-low resistance plug". I tell ya man, I about pulled my hair out over this. I was seriously going to trade the Tour in. I'm not sure if the V-6 is the same as the I-4, but I'd bet it is. A call to your dealer and a KNOWLEDGEABLE parts guy can't hurt. If he tells you that your motor requires a fine wire low resistance plug, you know what's wrong.

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by newguysvt:
ok, i took the car to goodyear by where i work. they say the code is telling them that it is the camshaft positioning sensor on bank 1 IIRC. they say 100 for part, 130 for labor, and 60 to clear the light. i asked them to write the code down and i got home and it was not there. i will go back on monday because i'm cool with one of the guys and just get them to get the code again, no problem. the part that bugs me is the 60 to clear the light, are you kidding me. thats just as bad as telling me my headlight fluid is low. sensor is believable and makes sense that it would cause a little hesitation or misfiring. but i will get the code and post it monday. also, i just gapped and install the plugs less than a month ago, cleaned maf and iac about 2 months ago, and have not fiddled with the egr or imrc yet. how hard would it be to replace the sensor myself? any ideas, i'll search too, just asking. thanx.

Do you know Autozone will check and clear a CEL for free ? (once the CEL displays to the diagnostic it clears, but unless you repair the problem the CEL will reappear)

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.
#697489 07/23/03 08:52 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Stay away from Pep Boys too!! I used to go there for tires only, now I won't even do that since they cross threaded a COUPLE of lugs on a tire I had them repair.

Just two days ago, my mother-in-law takes her van in for some service. They tell her your overheat problem is your cooling fan. You'll need a new fan assembly installed for $400. I went to her house, replaced a 25 amp fuse & the thing is working fine.

Learn to do it yourself is my advice.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#697490 07/24/03 12:37 AM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Thanx for all the advice Kennard but my problem was already fixed by the cam position sensor as mentioned above and Autozones in CA do not check at all. I stay clear of any mechanic/tire store and do mostly all of the work myself, I just did not have a code reader so i payed 68 to have it read and diagnosed. Pep Boys charges like 80 for the same thing though....

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Kennard:
Originally posted by wontgrowup:
I would pull the plugs and check the gap, Autolites are quality plugs, so you shopuldn't have any probs. Good luck my friend!

Agreed, they are 'quality plugs', but they aren't the 'correct plugs'. The Motorcrafts are a (dealer quote) "fine wire-low resistance plug". I tell ya man, I about pulled my hair out over this. I was seriously going to trade the Tour in. I'm not sure if the V-6 is the same as the I-4, but I'd bet it is. A call to your dealer and a KNOWLEDGEABLE parts guy can't hurt. If he tells you that your motor requires a fine wire low resistance plug, you know what's wrong.

yeah, i went to autozone to buy spark plugs, and the dude was like "damn" when he saw my plugs. the only plugs their computer said i could have were the motorcraft triple platnum for $4.50/each. i was used to paying like $0.99 for them......

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard