Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#696930 07/18/03 06:31 PM
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Well due to recent events it got me thinking, canceled national meet and spring zing. Are we seeing the death of CEG? Those are the two biggest meets in the CEG. Also have noticed alot less turn out for local meets in the different area branches. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but I hope this doesn't happen, I for one love the CEG and have meet alot of great people on here and don't want to see it die.

So lets see how many people have noticed the possible death of the CEG.

Adam Electric Red 95 Ford Contour GL ATX Zetec Born on 11/01/94 (The Official SCCEG Beater.) Coming soon... Micah's Pre98 SVT Front Bumper and SVT body kit. **1BADTOUR**
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
It's downturn and was bound to happen. We still get new members, I just don't know that big, national meets are going to fly anymore.

I mean really, I can only think of a few reasons to drive from AZ to IL, and a big-ass meet isn't one of them.

I don't think local meets have ever been stable.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
i dont really see the nessesity of this thread, but the contique is a discontinued car which probably will not have much collector value. interest will go downhill eventually, not to take anything away from lance or the people that keep this site running. i hold this site in high regard because everything i know about cars i learned from this site and ive met some good friends in the process. heres to years to come! tour or not!

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Ok, I dunno if I speak for anyone else, but I'd LOVE to go the any/all of then Nat'l meets. For me, it's an issue with money. Right now, it is, because I'm inbetween jobs, so things have been a bit slow.

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
its all about location for me.

i think u still have another few years before you really start to see the death of CEG.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I don't think it so much has to do w/ the death of ceg but the fact that ppl get burned out when it's contour day in a out... Like stated... it's dead car and pretty much almost everything has been done already. But it is true about the distance ppl have to drive to do natl. meets and what not... With that, maybe regional meets would be more apt to actually happen than trying to get ppl to drive across the country just to meet ppl w/ the same cars...

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I would like to say that joining this community was a great thing for me.. I have gained so much knowledge about these cars and cars in general it isn't even funny. I would like to thank everyone involved. I do have a question though.. How long has CEG been around? I notice that lance registered about may of 2000.. but from what I understand there was a crossover in the site somewhere.

I hope for many years to come out of this site, it is a great place for information.. and as long as people still own these cars.. this site will still go strong.

Black 98.5 SVT "Kellie" First rule of italian driving: What is behind you, DOESN'T matter
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I also feel that missing meets is a bummer. However when I'm making a career transition, or simply trying to hold on to what job I have now, then taking vacation to play with my car is not an option. It sucks but it's realistic. If I had vacation to use and the graces of my boss to take time off, then I would be there in a heartbeat. I think these cars will continue to circulate throughout society such as the tempo and topaz still do. As long as the street racing scene continues it's domination there will always be places for folks like us. And I, for one, don't plan on getting rid of my tour for quite some time. Hell I'm gonna' max that biatch out with all the mods it can handle, pay it off and drive it until I can afford a porche. I plan on having it throughout my schooling(full sail here I come) and as long as it still looks and runs well then it will have a home with me. Maybe others aren't as close to their cars, but if my SVT is my beater when I'm thirty-five then so be it. CEG is going strong. Don't be so negative.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I do truely hope that this site dose not die. I know that i have been unable to make meets becuse of money but thats life. I have learned alot from hear and the guys i have worked with have saved me alot of time and hassel on repairs and mods. and seeing how much potentioal these cars truly have. I know that i have seen new mebers look on this site for how to's and mods in my town and one of them bought a 2000 SVT, and sevral other pick up newer SE's. So i know that this site is helpful. But as long as we keep it up it will live. and besides these car can run along time. iI've seen some with over a 180,000 on the stock motor and only one tranny replacement and still running strong. And besides other then Ford haveing bad serves it has been a great car for me.

Thanks,
Eric

Go Army My new home for awhile.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I have to say that when I first heard about this site I knew next to nothing about cars, and thanks to the veterans and those that know cars I have learned alot, enough to be able to help out others that were once in my shoes. I think that this is one of the best sites I have ever been on. After I lost my car was totaled I got a newer,better one and enjoy this site even more.
As for the meets, I think alot of it has to do with time and money, I have met some great people on this site, and we hang out and help each other with our cars and with everything else. That's what I think this site is all about, making friends and learning how to make our cars nicer.
Johnny

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard