Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
I too saw the headlights at All Ford Nationals, after the pouring rain had subsided. It was a beautiful sight to be seen, until I got up close and personal. The headlights had a great deal of water in there, just pooling up. I was terribly disappointed to see this, especially after the cost. Upon further inspection, the back of the housings looked like they were cut with an oval hole saw! The projectors just do not sit right in the housings. To me, it seemed like a GREAT idea, just poorly executed. Plus, all of the extra sealant looked goopy and was yellowing. I know I would not want to pop my hood at car show to show those things off.

Now, take a look at Dion's housings! Now those are awesome, and made by an amateur. (read, not paid, so therefore a non-professional). I would pay Dion money to make me a set, if I had the extra money!

Seems like some of our ex and current CEGers have the same problem. Rush, rush, rush and make money. But, when it comes time to customer service and promises, its all show and no go.

I think Pete is right to ask for a partial refund, and no, $100 is not good enough. I would ask for a refund of $1200, less the cost of the HID kit. Or, a completely new set to be built out of brand new Ford (not the crappy aftermarket) housings, provided by Milan. I feel this is the only way to make it right, and clear his and his company's name.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I'd be upset if I paid $20 for those,
let alone $1200... hope everything works
out for you, man.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I think perry summed it up pretty well.

I live in the area so I've seen Pete's car numerous times, and not once were the headlights dried out. At its worst point, there was so much condensation that at first glance it wasn't noticeable that there was anything in the headlight assembly that wasn't stock. Only upon closer inspection was it obvious what they SHOULD look like but didn't. It could have been such a beautiful product...

Jesse 98.5 SVT (sold) 2000 Explorer
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Just had to say again, good luck Pete.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Man that really sucks and the cost for those lights $1200 For what you recieved that is not acceptable and If I were you I would have never messed with that sealent in the first place. He would have fixed those things to PERFECTION or I would have gotten my money back PLUS SHIPPING cost. No way my $1200 would go that route. Man I hope it all works out for you and if Milan wants any kind of name on these boards, then those lights need to be replaced.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
I am glad that Pete has posted this on here. What is sad however is that the truth has not been told.

First off, MM is NOT a business. I was a person doing handmade projects for CEG. Therefore, I should be reffered to as Milan and not "them"

When it comes to Pete, the problems with this lights are associated with a procedure that he explicitly, and knowingly requested of me to do. Cutting apart the headlights is a MAJOR operation. No way in God's name did I ever fail to mention this to Pete. In two of my PMs I asked of him if he was sure that he wanted it done. I told him that there were risks that they lights may fog up, as they are cut open all around the housing. He told me that he would attempt to clean them first, and if he failed that he would have no choice but to send them back. After he scratched up the lenses, he sent them back to me. Of course, I get the blame for that too.

Seeing that the original problem was the dust in the lights, I was not even obligated to take them back, as once shipped, they were out of my hands. Being that Pete and I were something like friends, I took them back, ripped them apart as told, and shipped them back, ALL FREE OF CHARGE. I took on cleaning them, even though that was not my responsibility, just for the plain fact that he was a friend of mine.

In the "warranty" that I supplied, I promised to attempt to recify the problems with leaking ONLY. Pete refused my offers to do this.

I have made over 30 pairs of these lights, and only 2-3 pairs have exibited this condition.

I was more than willing to take the lights back and attempt to reseal them, but I was not given the chance.

What started as a personal project has turned into a nightmere. When I first made these lights, I thought about keeping them to myself. But I figured that I would make them for CEG. So I did. I lost time and money doing them, but I wanted to make stuff for all of the Contour owners. Other than Pete, I have been praised for doing so.

Lastly, I have done way more than I was ever obligated to do in Pete's case, and once again as a personal favor. I could have refused to clean the lights up but I did not. After being warned of the possible concequenses, Pete proceeded with the procedure and had me cut them open. When they started fogging up, he started to be very upset. I asked him at least 7 (!) times to send them back, but he kept refusing to do so. And as a last resort he has turned this into a public bashing.

Though your opinions are abviously important to me, I stand by what I said. It is very unfortunate that the lights ended up fogging up and leaking. This could have been remedied. However, now I am regreting that I ever considered Pete a friend of mine at all.

Go ahead and flame me guys, there is nothing I can do anymore. That's just that.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Dayum!!!

1996 MM Zetec, ATX 192000 kms...not dead, but I'm not fixing it White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
for $1200 bucks the lights never should have been shipped to him in the first place dirty they should have been something you would have been proud to put on your car and something that he is as well but you did a shoty job and it was your job to clean them cause you got them dirty. that is like me working on your car for you and getting grease all over your seats and saying well I fixed the problem so its out of my hands... you know its crap and where did this 30 pair of lights come from cause in the PM you sent pete you said 5-6 and that non of them were bad... I think you are making crap up to cover your asss

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Static:
I think you are making crap up to cover your asss

how many times have we seen this before from him??? i can think one one just yesterday, and another involving toofastsvt.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
*grabs hat and coat.

G'night folks.

*runs for the door

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard