Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
call me a newb to driving a tour, but whatever...

all i know is that i need to locate a new/used A-Frame for the driverside front wheel, and a new front wheel.. i have 7 spoke alloy rims, (factory ford) and the one that is there is busted to sh*t.. it drives for now, but the camber on the driver side wheel is way off, due to direct impact with a curb (making a right turn, and downshifting in 2nd, and slamming a curb) please i have heard all the remarks for "careless driving" that there is to hear, so if thats what u want to post, then save it.. i just need to know if anyone has or know where to find an a-frame, and wheel.. i have scoured the internet, and have hopelessly given up...
im located in Katy Texas, 77449/77084 area, pls ASAP

Jai

Last edited by yungin16TX; 07/16/03 05:55 PM.

Jeremy AKA Jai **'95 SE Contour / Midnight Purple (R.I.P)** -------------------------------------------- Hopefully soon to own a candy red 1992 Caddilac STS ~ w00t w00t!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
try your local junk yard. Same thing happened to me. Although i was swerveing to avoid a recless driver that was switching into my lane. Got both parts for 150.

Tony Datsenko
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
I did the same thing two sundays ago. It was raining and I went too fast on a turn. I got my car back from the mechanic yesterday and it cost me 330 bucks. My lower control arm and my rim needed to be replaced.

If you havent already, I would check junkyards. If not, you will probably have to go through the dealer for a new one?

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Always check the classifieds too.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
does anyone live locally that can suggest a good place to go to get these parts? i can replace them myself, seeing as how the A-Frame is only 2 bolts, and the wheel is only 4 lugs.. if so please give me some suggestions as to where to check.. im only 17 and this is my first real car.. it hurst my heart so to speak, when i drive it now, knowing that im probably doing more and more damage every time i drive it, the way it is.. the aframe is twisted.. i dunno.. its 10:00 CST and i just got home from work (lifeguarding) so im about to go to bed.. thanx for all the help guys it is very greatly appreciated!

Sincerely
Jai

Jeremy AKA Jai **'95 SE Contour / Midnight Purple (R.I.P)** -------------------------------------------- Hopefully soon to own a candy red 1992 Caddilac STS ~ w00t w00t!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Oh yeah, Don't forget to get an alighnment afterwards. you never know what else you screwed up. Just go to bell tire though.(most other places just send your car there anyways)

Tony Datsenko
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by yungin16TX:
call me a newb to driving a tour, but whatever...

all i know is that i need to locate a new/used A-Frame for the driverside front wheel, and a new front wheel.. i have 7 spoke alloy rims, (factory ford) and the one that is there is busted to sh*t.. it drives for now, but the camber on the driver side wheel is way off, due to direct impact with a curb (making a right turn, and downshifting in 2nd, and slamming a curb) please i have heard all the remarks for "careless driving" that there is to hear, so if thats what u want to post, then save it.. i just need to know if anyone has or know where to find an a-frame, and wheel.. i have scoured the internet, and have hopelessly given up...
im located in Katy Texas, 77449/77084 area, pls ASAP

Jai

Jai, try
http://www.fordpartsonline.com/
http://www.batinc.net/contour.htm

They've got the front control arm (A arm) you need. You'll have to try junk yards, etc., as other suggested for the rim. Good luck.

Regards, Alan

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
) Stock '95 SE Aluminum Wheels (7 spoke)
Posted on 07/02/2003 by serge55
This ad expires on 08/01/2003
Located in: NY

I am selling 2 wheels from my 1995 Contour SE. Both wheels are used about 58,000 miles but still as good as ever.
Will sell very cheap, but the buyer has to pay the shipping.
Give me your best offer

Picture 1
Picture 1
Picture 1
Picture 1

(917)622-7987
serge@cppress.com

Check out the classifies

stock 95 LX,6cyl ATX 98.5 wheels with Yokohama AVID T4's
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er