Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 72 of 83 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 82 83
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
While I won't dispute anything in the previous post(s), let me just say to *please* hang tight everyone. The moderators (myself included as a participant in this GB) have been working *very* hard for the last few weeks to sort out this mess, which has included some intense discussion. We have learned of new developments and info recently, some of which has already come to light. But *please* let perry handle this for right now. I'm bordering on seething anger right now myself, but in the interests of the community, I'm going to hold off on saying anything more until we have things sorted out. I know many of you don't know me, but I'm asking you to trust me until the full story is ironed out.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
P
Master P
Master P
P
Here's what Cardoc sent to another moderator when quizzed about this group buy.

Quote:

"Here's the deal,

Lets get a few pieces of important information out in the open here and completely clear.

EL Glow is NOT the producer of these gauges. Whomever Brad Noon told that to, he is way off. I never told Brad who they were made by - He never asked. Therefore, we can both sit here and wonder where that came from.

Yes, I did agree to supply Adam Prewitt (aka FCO LuckyTour and CEG 1BadTour) with gauges provided he get the required amount of pre-orders sold and paid to place an order with the manufacturer.

My contact is a business partner in Houston, TX that gets the gauges imported from Taiwan from a major company (I don't need to name them). They are not EL Glow - and aren't even associated with them, however they make about 60% of the gauges on the market. Contacts are very limited due to the company being located in Taiwan.

When Adam originally set the GB up, I told him a max window of 90 days. I really don't think it's prudent for a gauge order of more than 50 to be delayed more than that. He kept emailing/PM'ing me that he had the orders - And was going to send me the money. Well, the money he sent to me (which was for only the gauges that I shipped to him and can assume were the same gauges he shipped out to his customers) bought him the gauges I still had in stock... (Hadn't even ordered them yet from Taiwan because he only sent me payment for 8 or 10 gauge sets).

The GB started in July of 2003, was supposed to be finished in October (the absolute latest). Well, come November he said alot of people had backed out - And that he may have to throw the money in to get it done. I didn't hear anything for another month - Same story. Now it's January 2004.... I wrote him informing him that the GB was off, I'm finished with the stalling. My contact in Houston had closed his business late December which lost me my only contact to the manufacturer. Therefore, it was out of my hands and I suggested that he proceed to issue refunds as there was no chance of getting the gauges to him.

I heard no response from him. I have not nor am I sitting on ANY money from the GB. I have not answered any questions on CEG because it is Adam's responsibility to inform his customers. I kinda figured that this would be the outcome as it is with most venders that sell on CEG (PitStop Brakes just listed in our GB area due to a failed GB attempt on CEG where people signed up and backed out ...). So, goes to the norm for what I expected.

If I can answer anything else, let me know. I wish to stay out of this whole thing, as I was asked to procure these gauges - And the GB never materialized. Therefore, I have nothing to do with this but the fact that he bought 8 or 10 gauge sets off of me for people that have already recieved their gauges.

-Dom"

We saw pictures of the 10 guage only sets that were bought from Cardoc, but none of the bad guages or HVACs that I can recall. Odd.

So Cardoc called off the group buy in January. When was the money sent to the second company? When were the bad guages recieved?

1BADTOUR, why don't you come completely clean with everyone? Stop the lies and half-truths. Tell the full story.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by perry:
Here's what Cardoc sent to another moderator when quizzed about this group buy.

We saw pictures of the 10 guage only sets that were bought from Cardoc, but none of the bad guages or HVACs that I can recall. Odd.

So Cardoc called off the group buy in January. When was the money sent to the second company? When were the bad guages recieved?

1BADTOUR, why don't you come completely clean with everyone? Stop the lies and half-truths. Tell the full story.

I have had a feeling that it was coming to this the whole time...
Something always seemed fishy and I was the only A$$hole that would speak up. I spoke up so much that he paid me off first hoping that I would shut up. I did, but now I just can't wait to find out WTF happened and if I am correct about about my accusations and assumptions.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
After reading Cardoc's response, we can come to the conclusion that Adam either sent off the rest of the money to a totally different company (that no one knows about except Adam), or just kept the money himself.

Did your horse come in last Adam, and the bookie said "Pay up!" ????

99 SE Sport SilverFrost MTX 01 F4i Red/White My mom says I shouldn't talk to conservatives.
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
and be assured your very close to everyone getting a refund.

Ooo... Ooo... say it again and maybe it'll come true! NOT LIKELY!!!!!

99 SE Sport SilverFrost MTX 01 F4i Red/White My mom says I shouldn't talk to conservatives.
#693625 06/24/04 06:22 AM
H
H
Here's my recap on this situation. I'm so angry that I can't sleep right now, so I might as well do something productive here.

Originally posted by Cardoc:
Well, come November he said alot of people had backed out - And that he may have to throw the money in to get it done. I didn't hear anything for another month - Same story. Now it's January 2004.... I wrote him informing him that the GB was off, I'm finished with the stalling.

Read Adam's post on 10/21/2003 (and again on 10/30/2003). He officially announces that he has all the paid people he needs (yes, all 25+), is putting in the order, and the gauges would be ready in two weeks.

He then posts on 11/15/2003 that the order has been placed (no mention of only paying for 10 gauges) and he's just waiting on them. There are a lot of posts at this point wondering what's going on, but NO ONE backs out. In fact, most people are saying that they trust Adam will come through and "I'm sure he's a busy guy." This directly contradicts what he tells Cardoc, that "... alot (sic) of people had backed out..."

On 11/26/2003, Adam reports that he has received ALL (direct quote) of the gauges, but half the order was "messed up." As perry points out, exactly 10 gauges are pictured, which coincides with Cardoc's statement that Adam bought 8-10 gauges sets off of him.

December comes and goes, and once again no one appears to back out (unless by PM, but Adam makes no mention of such a thing). The day after Christmas he starts shipping what he has. At this point I'd like to point out that Josch reports that he has received his gauges. So, that explains why he's so quick to come to the aid of Adam. I'm sorry, but that makes your criticism of me and the rest of us who have been screwed over even more inane. If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

The new year starts to bring some dissension in the ranks where some start showing some frustration and ask Adam to investigate the delays in replacing the alleged "messed up" gauges. wa2tuff points out that they (the company or Adam?) has over $2000 of our money. Adam posts on 1/29/2004 (almost a month after his last post) to say that nothing has changed. I still haven't seen anyone back out at this point, but its possible I missed one somewhere. Adam posts on 1/29/2004 to clear up confusion as to the order of the paid list. Here's where it gets fun. On 1/31/2004 Adam posts that:

Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
I'm pushing these people as much as I can, they keep telling me they are working on filling the rest of the order and it will be the end of february before they get shipped. I only ask for your understanding in this and I want you all to know I'm not going to let anyone in this group buy get screwed. I'm doing my best.

By this point we must assume Cardoc has contacted him to say the GB is off, but Adam does not mention this. In fact, this entire post is a complete and utter lie. Oh, BTW, Adam has his gauges installed.

Finally on 2/12/2004, JETNBYA posts the first "I want out" message. On 2/20/2004 Adam begins his long string of "I'm trying to get a refund, just be patient" posts. The same day, I recommend getting an address/phone number for the GB participants to start a campaign to put pressure on the company. Skrilla187 gets his gauges three days later.

March comes, and most of the posts are downright angry. Plus Adam has slowed updates to once every two or three weeks. On 3/12/2004, BURNTU2 demands his money back (#2). On 3/16/2004 Adam posts that he'll buy out the people who want a refund at the rate of about one person per week. More angry posts (myself included) and on 3/25/2004 Adam goes on a rant (can you believe this?) and accuses me of violating forum rule #7. He also puts me at the top of the buyout list because I'm a squeeky wheel (which I later decline). After a more humane discussion he promises to post weekly.

At this point, the thread degenerates to the point it is at right now, which includes Adam lying about how often he is able to visit CEG. Most of what Adam posts is contradictory to Cardoc's information.

I've reached the end of my tolerance of this. This is no longer about $80 of my money (especially compared to the Kaotic mess). This is now about lying and theft.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
#693626 06/24/04 07:09 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
So what's going to be done about this Perry?
What can we CEG'ers do at this point?

He swindled over $2,000 from us all...

I know somebody out there has his personal information and knows his where abouts...we need to persue this and bring him to justice(legally)!

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.
#693627 06/24/04 12:45 PM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Actually I was considering filling a complaint through the FBI's Internet Fraud website. The only thing we have to go on is his location, and the fact that there are pictures of his car with the liscense plate on it floating randomly over the internet.......I guess we could pull an IP address from somewhere as well.

There is the link if anyone wants to look it over, I'm sure if there are any complaints filed there needs to be an address of some sort.
Internet Fraud

It sucks, but that's what happens when you screw people over.

'04 Bright Red Ranger FX4 ~ S/C 4X4
#693628 06/24/04 12:59 PM
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Has anyone contacted Paypal to report this as a bad transaction or did anyone pay by check? If so, you should have his address or contact information and then you've got a lot more to go on.

It might be helpful if someone can post up that information so you can contact him via registered mail or phone if he is non-responsive on here.

Thanks,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
#693629 06/24/04 01:30 PM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I think the whole issue with Paypal is that their hands are tied after 30 days, or something like that. I don't know the exact ramifications behind it though.

'04 Bright Red Ranger FX4 ~ S/C 4X4
Page 72 of 83 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 82 83

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard