Print Thread
Page 71 of 83 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 82 83
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by perry:
Originally posted by Dionysus:
According to Adam, I should be recieving my check for the refund in 6 days or less! Yeah!

We'll see if it acctually comes.

Did you get the refund?

No Perry, I have not recieved anything from Adam yet. It is now June 21, almost a month after the date to which Adam decided I would get my FULL refund by. This date was not choosen by me.

Originally posted by perry:
Originally posted by Manfre:
Originally posted by Manfre:
Its ok. Its not like youve been doing this on a regular basis or anything.

We're working on this part. Hopefully 1BADTOUR keeps this up and is more forthcoming with information.

I don't mean to be an a$$, but do you have to hold his hand through everything? I think everyone has been more than reasonable in dealing with Adam's delays, un-kept promises, and overall avoidance of this situation. Yes, I agree that I wouldn't want to be in his shoes and I would continue my wait if I accutally thought that I was going to get anything back from Adam. But I am now convinced that Adam is doing nothing to rectify this situation and will continue to delay and prolong the pain of this for everyone. You stated earlier that banning Adam would only kill off all communication about this Group Buy. Honestly I think he should be banned, and people should just forget about the whole situation as long as Adam cannot return to the site. May seem harsh, but he's just going to continue to delay and d!ck people over. He's only prooven this to be true over and over. Why would he stop if he continues to get away with it. Not disciplining bad behavior is the same thing as condoning it.

99 SE Sport SilverFrost MTX 01 F4i Red/White My mom says I shouldn't talk to conservatives.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I got my money back, but ummm did we ever figure out the company that was making these?

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I got my money back, but ummm did we ever figure out the company that was making these?

Adam has so far refused to tell us. The only indication we have as to his source is way back in this thread he mentions that Cardoc is his contact on the GB. I have no idea where Cardoc gets the gauges from.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
They are the same ones Bnoon was selling.

Ask Bnoon?

B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
El Glow was the company that made them for Brad. However these did come through Dominic so sounds like we might need to talk to him and see what he knows.

As far as Import intelligence goes, by overlay I meant a piece of vinyl you stick over the existing guages, Brad made a piece that included a hard plastic backer so you replaced the actual face piece.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
P
Master P
Master P
P
There should be a rather large update coming within the next day or so...

Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
El Glow was the company that made them for Brad. However these did come through Dominic so sounds like we might need to talk to him and see what he knows.

As far as Import intelligence goes, by overlay I meant a piece of vinyl you stick over the existing guages, Brad made a piece that included a hard plastic backer so you replaced the actual face piece.

Rick

Ok before someone trys to lay the blame on cardoc, Cardoc had nothing to do with the rest of the group buy after the first 10 sets where recived, he told me he couldn't wait that long for me to get enough buyers paid, so I went and found another company that made the same product just a little different. I then went ahead and ordered and paid for the rest of the gauges with hvacs. I waited for them to come in and when they did they were all missed up like I told everyone, so I sent them back to make new ones and thats when the company gave me the run around. I know I should have told everyone about this but I just wanted my gauges and hvac and thought no one would care, but thats when it blew up in my face and I had issues with the company. I hope everyone understands why I did what I did and be assured your very close to everyone getting a refund.

Adam Electric Red 95 Ford Contour GL ATX Zetec Born on 11/01/94 (The Official SCCEG Beater.) Coming soon... Micah's Pre98 SVT Front Bumper and SVT body kit. **1BADTOUR**
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I've been pretty much silent about this, up until this point because pretty much I was writing it off as a loss. Yet everytime I read things, such as those said above, it makes me mad.

Again like I have said multiple times, the timing (say about 2-3 months) is out of his hands. This is due to the time it took some people to come up with the money. Although, with that said there really is no excuse about the lack of communication and lack of information that people involved in this group buy have received. There is no need to counter for him or speak on behalf of the guy, because he should be doing that for himself. Assuming what he is doing, or hearing by word-of-mouth what his plans are, may or may not be his exact intentions.

Why were we never advised of the company who produces these gauges?
Why no legal actions?
Just a bunch of nothing.....and it's not only frustrating it pisses people off.

It's cool to stick up for one of your friends, buddies, whomever........but sometimes things need to come directly from the source, not a 'spokesperson'.

And why is it that people like to play Financial Advisor....or like to address other's and their financial standing? It really is no one's business, why someone wants THEIR money back for something they did not receive. After all it is THEIR'S and they need not answer to anyone about what rightly, and fully, belongs to them. Whether it is 80 dollars or 8000 dollars. Why even bother doing it? Why tell someone what they should and shouldn't do? Not trying to offend, but that is just wrong to do.......it's almost like judging someone or looking down on them. Everyone deserves to spend a little cash on something they want. They did after all earn it, didn't they?

Last edited by 2&1/2; 06/23/04 02:50 PM.

'04 Bright Red Ranger FX4 ~ S/C 4X4
P
Master P
Master P
P
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:

Ok before someone trys to lay the blame on cardoc, Cardoc had nothing to do with the rest of the group buy after the first 10 sets where recived

Here, when all you got was 10 guage sets, and say that everything else was bad.. all you really had were 10 guage sets from Cardoc and nothing else, correct? Did someone else really have the rest of the money at that time?

When did you place the order with the second company?

You've been assuring people that they were close to getting a refund for a couple months now. Somehow, your assurance isn't very reassuring.

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Quote:

so I went and found another company that made the same product just a little different

So let me get this correct, this was off to a bad start before hand........and you never mentioned it to anyone the whole time??????

Quote:

I know I should have told everyone about this but I just wanted my gauges and hvac and thought no one would care, but thats when it blew up in my face and I had issues with the company

So essentially you were looking out for yourself, even though you had other people's money you were playing with? Is that what is being said in so many words?

I thought, I was being more than reasonable and patient even after hearing about the issues you encountered way back (whenever it was, I don't even remember). But now I'm really ticked off because what you did was wrong and you know it........glad you finally came right out and told us 8 months after the fact.

It sounds like you dug your own grave buddy.....now you must lay in it.

'04 Bright Red Ranger FX4 ~ S/C 4X4
Page 71 of 83 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 82 83

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard