Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 69 of 83 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 82 83
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
Ok here is the best update I can give right now.

Refund paid:
1)MapOfTaziFoSho

Next to receive refund
1)Manfre

I'm working on getting the money together as quick as I can, don't worry everyone you will get you refund just takes time is all. I should have manfre's refund ready on the 20th of this month.

Once again thanks everyone for hanging in there.

Ok here is an update, sorry I haven't updated in awhile, I have ran into a few problems with money and haven't been able to keep on track with the refunds, I have been trying my hardest but i'm going trough some tough times right now and will be back on track very soon. Manfre is still the next on the list to get his refund after that is dionysus and then hetfield. So I just thought I would let everyone know why no one else has got the refunds.

Refund paid:
1)MapOfTaziFoSho

Next to receive refund
1)Manfre
2)Dionysus
3)hetfield

Please hang in everyone will get there refund.

Well not much has changed this week, I'm still trying to get this thing resolved, I'm thinking about trying to get a loan to pay everyone off with, I'll keep everyone updated on that. So hang in everyone the end might be closer than you think.

Adam Electric Red 95 Ford Contour GL ATX Zetec Born on 11/01/94 (The Official SCCEG Beater.) Coming soon... Micah's Pre98 SVT Front Bumper and SVT body kit. **1BADTOUR**
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
You must like taking it in the @ss if you are going to personally lose all this money because of some gauge company...It's not the size of the dog, but the size of the fight in the dog...and you have absolutely no fight. Furthermore, keeping details of what happened from us is just wierd. You are WAYYYY out there buddy. I got my money back, but still have really no idea what YOU did in this whole process. Or WHO made these gauges...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
man, i'm sorry, but what the [censored]? i don't care about your money problems, if you don't have my money then you shouldn't have $*%#ing spent it!!!! i've been patient long enough, all i wanted was my first mod to start making my car look sweet, now i'm just pissed. we're coming up on a year! i mean seriously! get my money back, or i will be taking legal action on you!

~Weasel Bomb 1998 Contour SE Sport TOTALLED For Sale: DUAL EH'D Powdercoated Blue UIM (prefer local pickup) Bullitt Fuel Door
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
We all have been more than patient. This is totally unacceptable. Take care of us now! If you were any kind of a man at all this would have been done already. You should have sued the company that you gave our money to, if that is in fact what you did. I HAVE MY DOUBTS! Get some huevos and deal with this like a man.

Jim

98.5 SVT, Vortech SC, Bassani, Quaiffe, Clutchmasters Stg. 3, H&R's/Konis, BAT 22mm Sway Bar, 17" Momo Arrows, Michelin Pilot Sports, Sparco Front Brace, HPP Rear Brace, PIAA fogs & headlights.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by WeaselBomb:
man, i'm sorry, but what the [censored]? i don't care about your money problems, if you don't have my money then you shouldn't have $*%#ing spent it!!!! i've been patient long enough, all i wanted was my first mod to start making my car look sweet, now i'm just pissed. we're coming up on a year! i mean seriously! get my money back, or i will be taking legal action on you!

WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT UP, AND GROW UP A LITTLE! Are you broke or something? Maybe you should get a better job so you are not so desperate for under $100 bucks!
Come on, he's doing his best it all backfired in his face ok? He's trying to get your stupid money. I only make $20k a year and I aint bit*hin about a few bucks. Surely you must know that group buys are a little shadier than buying things in a store, don't you know that? This is the risk you must take in order to get uncommon parts for an uncommon car. If you want 100% security in buying speed parts then you need to go buy a Honda grinder and you can order any part you need from all the ads in Import Tuner Magazine. But when you want cars like ours, it can be harder to get parts. Just quiet down and be patient and he'll give back your money. He can't control how the vendor screwed him over. He's just a guy like you and me. He can't just pull the money out of his a$$ and give it to everyone now. At least he's trying to get a loan, eh? Cut him some slack tight wad

Sorry to offend but that just aggitated me listening to inmaturity

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by JETNBYA:
We all have been more than patient. This is totally unacceptable. Take care of us now! If you were any kind of a man at all this would have been done already. You should have sued the company that you gave our money to, if that is in fact what you did. I HAVE MY DOUBTS! Get some huevos and deal with this like a man.

Jim

Him too...

See my above post

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
Originally posted by Josch:
Originally posted by WeaselBomb:

WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT UP, AND GROW UP A LITTLE! Are you broke or something? Maybe you should get a better job so you are not so desperate for under $100 bucks!
Come on, he's doing his best it all backfired in his face ok? He's trying to get your stupid money. I only make $20k a year and I aint bit*hin about a few bucks. Surely you must know that group buys are a little shadier than buying things in a store, don't you know that? This is the risk you must take in order to get uncommon parts for an uncommon car. If you want 100% security in buying speed parts then you need to go buy a Honda grinder and you can order any part you need from all the ads in Import Tuner Magazine. But when you want cars like ours, it can be harder to get parts. Just quiet down and be patient and he'll give back your money. He can't control how the vendor screwed him over. He's just a guy like you and me. He can't just pull the money out of his a$$ and give it to everyone now. At least he's trying to get a loan, eh? Cut him some slack tight wad

Sorry to offend but that just aggitated me listening to inmaturity

Josch, you are the one who needs to grow up. A deal is a deal. Wheather you make it with a commercial merchant or 'mano a mano'. It's called integrity. People have been patient - more than patient. He has been cut slack. How much slack is reasonable? You did notice this started in July of 2003? Theres a difference between spending money and throwing it away. People spent money for something they never received. If this is an OK philosophy with you, you'll go far in life on $20k/year. And, if money's not so important to you, why not kick in to the repayment fund Adam is working on? Better yet, why not persuade Adam to dentify the company that screwed Adam over. Perhaps by thinking (I hate cliche) out side of the box, some additional pressure could be applied to the responsible party. At the very least an understanding of what happend. Brush up on some local or state statutes. I believe mediation or small claims court would work in this case (unlike the Kaotic situation as the $$ are too high on that one). Of course the response I'll get from you would be along the lines of Caveat Emptor. Leads us back to that integrity thing, doesn't it.

Get off your high horse, and take your own advice: "WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT UP, AND GROW UP A LITTLE!" One final point - Group Buys aren't shady; People are.

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Are you broke or something?

Yes. Quite literally

Maybe you should get a better job so you are not so desperate for under $100 bucks!

Now that's just inappropriate. I won't say how much I do make, but I will say its less than you. Take away from that the $5000 I pay for university tuition out of my pocket, plus the bills and support of my family, and suddenly $80 becomes a big deal. You don't know me nor do you have the right to criticize how I make or spend my money.

Come on, he's doing his best it all backfired in his face ok?

No, he's not doing his best. He refuses to cooperate or even update us on a regular basis. A lot of trust was lost a long time ago due to that. I will agree that it backfired in his face, probably due to no fault of his own. Its what happened after that.

He's trying to get your stupid money.

Yes, but by becoming a martyr. To date he has not given us any indication that he has pursued legal action against the person/company responsible for screwing him over, which would hopefully get him the money back to then give back to us. Based on this thread, people offered support and advice on how to proceed, but he has ignored it. I can't speak for others, but personally if Adam had tried and exhausted every possible legal option and still had not gotten the money back, I'd just live with writing off the loss. To the contrary, he has kept hidden the name of the person/company which screwed him over, which has left the members of this group buy with no other option but to look to him to pay us back. I will continue to pursue this issue against Adam as aggresively as I would pursue it against the company, as I have no other choice.

I only make $20k a year and I aint bit*hin about a few bucks. Surely you must know that group buys are a little shadier than buying things in a store, don't you know that?

Yes. However, I don't feel that that precludes me from looking towards all my options for recouping lost funds. I will treat any transaction the same and if I feel I've been wronged then I will work to correct the situation.

This is the risk you must take in order to get uncommon parts for an uncommon car. If you want 100% security in buying speed parts then you need to go buy a Honda grinder and you can order any part you need from all the ads in Import Tuner Magazine. But when you want cars like ours, it can be harder to get parts.

What does that have to do with backing out of a deal?

Just quiet down and be patient and he'll give back your money.

Since you've brought it up, please define how long we should be patient. My check to Adam is dated August 19th, 2003, and was cashed August 26th, 2003. The Federal Trade Commission mandates that if, as a merchant, you do not know when you will be able to ship an order you must give your customer the option to request a full refund. In addition, refunds by cash, check, or money order must be refunded within seven days.

He can't control how the vendor screwed him over.

Yes and no. He couldn't prevent getting screwed over, but he could initiate legal action. Instead, he's talking about taking out a loan. This is really unneeded and unacceptable.

He's just a guy like you and me. He can't just pull the money out of his a$$ and give it to everyone now. At least he's trying to get a loan, eh? Cut him some slack tight wad

No, he can't pull the money out of his, ahem, posterior, but he's had months and months to do this. Its not like we found out about this last week.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Would it make you guys feel any better if he filed bankruptcy?

I think his plan was to get a loan to pay all you guys who are holler'n, off. Then from what I've gathered in his previous posts hopefully in the next little while, he'd hopefully get the rest of his order from this company and sell what was to be you guys' gauge indiglos to others later on to recoupe the difference. And I imagine that if this company doesn't ever settle it right with him, then I think he probably WOULD file suite with them later. I have no idea what his intentions are to the tee, but he doesn't strike me as the type that is bad for his word, as I've followed this whole thread, and he seems to have tried.

This whole thing reminds me of that old movie 'Better Off Dead' where the kid on the bike keeps appearing constantly throughout the movie everywhere saying, "I want my two dollars!"

I don't know what else to say, except 'water seeks it's own level'

I guess ya'll will do what ya'll will do.

And if you are a student scraping up every last dime to make tuition, then it sounds like you ought to leave your cars all stock and finish school before getting carried away with doing a bunch of mods to your cars

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
And if you are a student scraping up every last dime to make tuition, then it sounds like you ought to leave your cars all stock and finish school before getting carried away with doing a bunch of mods to your cars

Oh my. Everyone has a right to do what they want with their money. No one has the right to take that away. That's the issue here.

If he really was trying and was concerned, then he would make every effort to at least provide details or give regular updates. The updates he has been giving have not been voluntary. Yet no one needs to remind him about Car of The Month threads!

Page 69 of 83 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 82 83

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard