Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 61 of 83 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 82 83
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by hetfield:
In the eight days since Adam's last post in this thread, he has posted five (5) messages in other threads, including two today. First Tim was acting as proxy to Adam who was acting as proxy to cardoc who is acting as proxy to ELGlow. Now Stolon is acting as proxy to Adam who is acting as proxy to cardoc who is acting as proxy to ELGlow. Why is it that you need to talk to Adam just to tell us this information? Why does Adam not post it here himself? Is he afraid of us? I think I have been most patient and gracious in dealing with Adam, so I certainly hope he isn't trying to avoid us.

Since it is highly unlikely that cardoc will be posting anything at contour.org ever, it is Adam's responsibility to keep us informed and spearhead the effort for us. Also, he is the person we made payment to. At this point legal action against ELGlow is prudent and necessary. If Adam is unable or unwilling to take action against ELGlow I will have no option but to take action against him. If Adam (not Tim, and not Stolon) does not inform us of the legal actions he has taken against ELGlow by April 17th, I will be filing a claim of mail fraud with the U.S. Postal Inspector's Office.

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/welcome.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/mailorder.htm

EDIT: these two links are there to help Adam as well. ELGlow is bound to these same rules. Maybe someone needs to explain this to them.

Ok well this is just getting out of hand, I have posted and tried to make you guys feel safe about this group buy, I have even said I would take the money out of my pocket to refund anyones money. My post got ignored and everyone here thinks they are being taking for a ride, let me say this NOBODY IS GETTING TAKING FOR A RIDE. I have pics of the guages I have recived and I have posted them and about 5 or 6 people have gotten there gauges. So how is it that I'm taking people for a ride?????? Nobody is trying to be a poxy for me I told everyone in my last post that I would post when I had better news, the others that have posted on my behalf acted on there own and I would like to thank them for that, but I would really be thankfull if nobody else posted in my defense. I can take care of my own problems.

Ok so here is the list of people that are going to get bought out.

1)hetfield
2)MapOfTaziFoSho
3)Manfre
4)JETNBYA
5){Kontofosho}
6)BURNTU2
7)2&1/2

Thats the list of people I have so far, The first two people on the list will I need you to send me a pm and tell me how you want your money sent back. Thanks to everyone else that is waiting we will get through this.

Also if you want your money back I would really like it if you would PM me and let me know instead of threating me with legal action in this group buy.

I would like to remind some people of rule number 7 in the rules listed on the main page.

#7. If you have a problem with someone on the forums, please do not air it publicly. Take it off line via email, PM.s (personal message) or IM.

Thanks,
Adam Prewett
"1BADTOUR"

Adam Electric Red 95 Ford Contour GL ATX Zetec Born on 11/01/94 (The Official SCCEG Beater.) Coming soon... Micah's Pre98 SVT Front Bumper and SVT body kit. **1BADTOUR**
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
When did I say I wanted to be bought out? All I have said is somebody needs to light a fire under their asses.
If you for some reason would like to buy me out, I would have no problem with that. I am poor.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
Ok well this is just getting out of hand, I have posted and tried to make you guys feel safe about this group buy, I have even said I would take the money out of my pocket to refund anyones money. My post got ignored and everyone here thinks they are being taking for a ride, let me say this NOBODY IS GETTING TAKING FOR A RIDE.

I never said that. What I'm saying is that you have taken entirely too long to resolve this, and it needs to be resolved now. If you were able to set a concrete date I think we wouldn't be having this discussion, but you have not been able to do that.

I have pics of the guages I have recived and I have posted them and about 5 or 6 people have gotten there gauges. So how is it that I'm taking people for a ride?????? Nobody is trying to be a poxy for me I told everyone in my last post that I would post when I had better news, the others that have posted on my behalf acted on there own and I would like to thank them for that, but I would really be thankfull if nobody else posted in my defense. I can take care of my own problems.

Then when people ask question why does it take you weeks to answer? You post your CotM polls like clockwork, but you can't come in here and say "Hey guys I talked to so-and-so today and this is what they said." We keep getting tidbits of information from other CEGers which is not fair to them.

Ok so here is the list of people that are going to get bought out.

1)hetfield
2)MapOfTaziFoSho
3)Manfre
4)JETNBYA
5){Kontofosho}
6)BURNTU2
7)2&1/2

Don't put me at the top of this list because I'm making a stink. That's not fair to the other CEGers. I really want my gauges, but I'm not willing to wait indefinitely. You have to set some concrete dates with your contacts and then follow through with them. If you could do that, and keep us updated on the progress, I wouldn't be so frustrated, and neither would other people.

I would like to remind some people of rule number 7 in the rules listed on the main page.

#7. If you have a problem with someone on the forums, please do not air it publicly. Take it off line via email, PM.s (personal message) or IM.

I don't have a problem with you personally. Not in the least. I have a problem with ELGlow, and a business deal with you. That same business deal concerns everyone involved with this group buy. What you have to understand is that you took our payments, not ELGlow, so legally you are the person we have to deal with. Once again, if you would post here on a regular basis telling us the status of your dealings with ELGlow, I wouldn't have any problem. Fair enough?

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
The problem is the complete lack of commuincation on your part. Thats the whole reason why people feel theyre being taken for a ride. We send money to you, you send it to whomever, they send it to the company making the gauges. Then we get updated once in a while about the order status, and thats fine. Then we get updated that you got the gauges. Even better. But then after you send the ones that are screwed up back the updates are far and few between.

Which makes everyone wonder if theyre getting screwed. The only updates that weve gotten since you returned the messed up gauges is "Im working on it" over and over. You didnt really explain anything about what you were doing about the whole situation.

Maybe if you told us that you were making emailing them every day or posting some contact information for us so we could go about getting information in our own ways this wouldnt be a problem.

Maybe youre not screwing us all around and theyre dicking you over. But have you even stopped to think that maybe the voice of 25 people would be stronger then the voice of one? If youre acting as proxy to cardoc then get the info from him. It doesnt matter if theyre from Taiwan or Japan or wherever the hell they are. You get enough emails from a variety of people, your gonna get worried that somethings gonna happen, which will then force you to finish the product quicker and get everyone their product before legal action is taken.

You have legal rights in this thing that you arent trying to pursue. For all we know you emailed these guys once and havent gotten an answer back. But we dont know whats going on because you dont update us!

If youre gonna run something you have to give an update. Especially if you have a bunch of disgruntled CEGers who are getting pissed and want their money back, which comes out of your pocket! I mean hell even if you got on here and, before posting on another thread, said something to the effect of "well these guys are being [censored] and arent responding to any of my emails" wed back you more on the whole thing. But being the fact that the updates weve gotten thus far are far and few between, its unsettling to hear nothing about an item that we paid more then a few bucks for.

A good friend will always bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was so fucking cool man!" 97 Contour 2.5L V6 Mods: 17" Rims, Blue side markers, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, Kenwood Z828 headunit
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Well with that said I'm going to continue to wait on elglow because I really want my hvac, so with that said I'm going to buy peoples spots out that no longer wish to be in this group buy. I'm having to buy the spots out of my own pocket, so its only going to be 1 or 2 people every 2 weeks. The spots I buy will be avalible when the rest of the order comes in, therefore they will be posted and first come first serve. I'm not a quiter because the road gets rough, so I'm going to stick to this group buy untill the very end.

Adam, how long are you willing to wait? I'm getting the feeling that ELGlow will keep stringing you on until you actually do something to force the issue. What has been done beyond phone calls? I'm trying my absolute best to be patient, but ELGlow is being absolutely ridiculous about this delay.

I got to agree with hetfield. The road got rough several months ago. It's very noble of you to offer to buy spots for people who want out, but why in the hell should you have to shell out your own money because an established company is collectively screwing us? I honestly don't have the answer but your letting ELGlow off the hook just isn't right. Have you actually spoken to anyone legally versed in our situation? Was there any type of contract between you and ELGlow--such as them agreeing to produce the gauges once a certain number of people PAID? There had to be something there simply because of that specific requirement. Numerous phone calls aren't doing it, you're gonna have to force them and since nothing else has worked, I would strongly suggest looking at the legal aspects. Have you contacted the BBB yet? I've used them in the past and they were useful in my case, which by the way involved over $3000 in bad carpeting.

Because of the weather in Ohio, I'm still willing to wait "a little bit longer" but if they don't have product for us by the time things start to warm up, I may just have to take you up on your offer. I sincerely hope you come up with an answer before then.

Adam, you are being a total pu$$y with these guys. Contact the BBB you twat.

I want mine too, and I don't want to be bought out so wtf option do I have? NONE! Except to wait for you to grow some testicals and deal with these azzclowns.
If a number is not posted soon, people are going to even wonder if this was a real GB or if you just took our money and were gonna pay us all back...I know I am wondering this very thing...

I mention right here that I don't want to be bought out.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
H
H
Thank you Manfre, you explained much more eloquently what I was trying to say. I don't want to screw you over Adam, that's the last thing I want to do. If you open the channels of communication with everyone then there's no need to let this get out of hand. That's all I'm (and I believe everyone else) looking for here. If you're willing to make a commitment and good-faith effort to update us regularly you can take me off the buyout list completely. If you're willing to wait indefinitely and not keep us updated, put me at the bottom of the list. If it actually comes down to you buying me out I will buy they gauges back from you if/when they arrive.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Ok sounds like a good deal, I will keep you guys more informed and update weekly on whats going on, I'm going to start threating legal action on them to see if that will speed them up. I'm sorry the way this thing is going I want everyone to know that I'm working on this and we all will get our gauges. If this doesn't happen in a timely manner than I will pursue legal action. I'm talking no more than 2 or 3 months.

I'm going to go ahead and buy out the ones that are left on the list that didn't post they wanted taking off the list. This will give them a chance to pursue another mod for there car.

Once again I'm very sorry about the way I have handle this group buy and I want everyone to know I will do a better job from here on out.

Adam Electric Red 95 Ford Contour GL ATX Zetec Born on 11/01/94 (The Official SCCEG Beater.) Coming soon... Micah's Pre98 SVT Front Bumper and SVT body kit. **1BADTOUR**
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Thank you Manfre, you explained much more eloquently what I was trying to say. I don't want to screw you over Adam, that's the last thing I want to do. If you open the channels of communication with everyone then there's no need to let this get out of hand. That's all I'm (and I believe everyone else) looking for here. If you're willing to make a commitment and good-faith effort to update us regularly you can take me off the buyout list completely. If you're willing to wait indefinitely and not keep us updated, put me at the bottom of the list. If it actually comes down to you buying me out I will buy they gauges back from you if/when they arrive.

Thank you. Its just the point I was trying to make as well. I wouldnt mind waiting for the gauges. As long as there was some sort of date set. Even if you gave us an estimated time of arrival of when theyd be done.

I waited a long as time for these gauges. I already lost the money so my financial circumstances arent part of the problem. If I would have gotten the gauges Id still be in the same position I am now.

But whats aggrivating me, and Im sure I speak for everyone here, is that we dont get updated. This thread should be your Number 1 priority on these threads. Im not saying you cant post somewhere else, but I am saying you should post here first to at least let us know what the hells going on.

The less information people receive the more likely they are going to wonder if you just took our money and ran.

Like Hetfield said, its YOUR obligation to make the move on these people. You are the one we paid and you promised us a product. Regardless if youre the middleman or manufacturer, you promised us an item, we paid you for said item, most of us havent received the item when you said we would. Now there was a problem with the first batch. Thats fine. Its to be expected. But 3 or 4 months later and still no word? It took them less time to make the initial batch for us. At even then that quantity was much larger. How long do you think it takes to make an indiglo gauge and HVAC? Ive seen body shops fabricate an entire car in less time. And thats far more intricate work then 20 sets of indiglo gauges. Hell I bet Ford pumps out a car a minute in one factory. A company cant make a single pair of gauges in a day? I find that hard to believe.

I wouldnt be so pissed about everyone getting [censored] if we were at least given a reach around.

A good friend will always bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was so fucking cool man!" 97 Contour 2.5L V6 Mods: 17" Rims, Blue side markers, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, Kenwood Z828 headunit
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I'm not trying to be a proxy to anyone on here for any reason what so ever. Seeing as I personally know Adam first hand, I figured I could approach the subject of the matter and find out what was actually going on. This was his group buy and I didn't ever get involved so I was just as clueless as the rest of you. All I was trying to do was bring up the issue w/ him to get the exact details, to pass along some information, most of which is still unknown or I would have stated it in my other post. I'm not trying to defend anyone or keep anyone happy. As somebody said in an earlier post about lighing a fire underneath someones a$$, that's all I'm trying to do. Trying to give adam a swift kick and realize he needs to get something done. maybe he is a little afraid of ppl on here first of all because he was going through cardoc whose name seemed to turn into a black plauge around here. Who knows...

Again, do not think that I'm trying to be proxy for anyone. I'm just trying to help one of my friends who's in a really, REALLY bad situation w/ this group buy. If it makes him mad if I press the matter a lot than that's just because he isn't getting the message from all of you and that is sad.

I'm not trying to fire shots at you Adam, but I'll agree that you really need to add more updates and I hope that you follow through w/ what you posted today. And furthermore I don't think that this matter should take more than ONE MONTH tops to get resolved as this company has already have been paid. send an e-mail everyday. get contact #'s call, do something. if not, contact the bbb, hell, use the shipping label from the first shipment and have it traced to a location w/ a #...Then post that on here in 45pt font, bright red, flashing for all these people to see. I'll agree that more ppl pressuring the better!!! That's all I have to say....

D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Ok sounds like a good deal, I will keep you guys more informed and update weekly on whats going on

If a weekly update is not made, then I will assume that you are not holding to your word and will file a claim with mail fraud and the BBB. I really want to avoid this route but it seems as though its the only thing that will work, because I am seeing absolutely no progress.

If this doesn't happen in a timely manner than I will pursue legal action. I'm talking no more than 2 or 3 months.

My patients were gone two months ago. You need to threaten legal action NOW! Not soon... NOW!!! Stop beeing a nice guy to these buttwipes. Grow some balls, and don't take 'no' or 'were working on it' for an answer. Explanations aren't cutting it. I want results. Obviously they aren't working on it.

I am in a terrible position on this group buy.. the last on the list; which means I'll get my gauges last or bought-out last. Something is telling me that I am most likely to be forgotten, meaning no gauges or money returned.

Once again I'm very sorry about the way I have handle this group buy and I want everyone to know I will do a better job from here on out.

Adam, the only thing I'm upset with you about is that you aren't standing up to anybody! Not even us! It reminds me of one of my best friends who lets his ugly-bi+ch of a girlfriend push him around all the time and he's misserable. GLGlow is the girlfriend and your the weak-as friend. Dump the bi+ch, bud!

99 SE Sport SilverFrost MTX 01 F4i Red/White My mom says I shouldn't talk to conservatives.
Page 61 of 83 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 82 83

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard