Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 83 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 82 83
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by ABeeSVT:
The end of February? That is not too bad. I mean as soon as I get them it'll probably take me a few months to install them due to my lack of experience and skill in the field. Adam, do you have yours installed yet? Is this going to be a real pain to install? I fear the worst. Thanks.

Yes I do have my gauges installed just waiting for the HVAC.They are super easy to install. Don't worry you shouldn't have a problem if you can hook up a radio, you can hook up these gauges.

Adam Electric Red 95 Ford Contour GL ATX Zetec Born on 11/01/94 (The Official SCCEG Beater.) Coming soon... Micah's Pre98 SVT Front Bumper and SVT body kit. **1BADTOUR**
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Any hvac guages for my contour? how much money? green

Previous Owner of: 1998 CSVT Black # 2923/6535 Born: 08/12/97 http://community.webshots.com/user/svtcontoursvt
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Do you have some SE ones there right now? I will pay the extra shipping.

Yes I do. The only thing you'll need to pay extra shipping on is your HVAC when I get them in.

To everyone else, I'm pushing these people as much as I can, they keep telling me they are working on filling the rest of the order and it will be the end of february before they get shipped. I only ask for your understanding in this and I want you all to know I'm not going to let anyone in this group buy get screwed. I'm doing my best.

how much extra? sne dthem now.

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by SVTcontourSVT:
Any hvac guages for my contour? how much money?

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Ok so far we have six people who have paid, I'm the first.LOL

Paid list.

1)1BADTOUR
2)Josch
3)advocate
4)abilies
5)manfre
6)Bumpin

Ok lets make this list grow.

Oh and this is also going to be the order the gauges or shipped out, whoever is on the list first, gets there gauges first.

I guess being bumped 7 places lower on the list is better then not being on the list at all.

First Group Buy I participate in and months later nothing

A good friend will always bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was so fucking cool man!" 97 Contour 2.5L V6 Mods: 17" Rims, Blue side markers, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, Kenwood Z828 headunit
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Do you have some SE ones there right now? I will pay the extra shipping.

Yes I do. The only thing you'll need to pay extra shipping on is your HVAC when I get them in.

To everyone else, I'm pushing these people as much as I can, they keep telling me they are working on filling the rest of the order and it will be the end of february before they get shipped. I only ask for your understanding in this and I want you all to know I'm not going to let anyone in this group buy get screwed. I'm doing my best.

how much extra? sne dthem now.

Can you PM me?

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I'm full of crushing disappointment. Or am I?

I just finally decided to start taking my instrument cluster out to do the swap, and crap! I just noticed that it is NOT going to fit!
The RPM side looks good. But the speedo side of the old one on my car has the trip-o-meter cutout WAY TOO LOW, and the odometer cutout above the needle WAY TOO HIGH. Neither one of them even comes close to lining up. The new indiglo set has the cutouts at a much closer radius to the needle cutout than mine old one! So has anyone else experienced this or just me? Is this a late model/early model thing??

If I can't make these work then does anybody want mine?
Can the company who produced these make some that WILL fit my '95 SE V-6 car? I think I'm stuck with the speedo I got now since mine is cable ran, or maybe I could convert my speedo to electronic VSS powered speedo like later models got if that is the difference?

Anyone got ideas or feedback? OneBadTour, maybe you?

Thanks,
Josch

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by Josch:
I'm full of crushing disappointment. Or am I?

I just finally decided to start taking my instrument cluster out to do the swap, and crap! I just noticed that it is NOT going to fit!
The RPM side looks good. But the speedo side of the old one on my car has the trip-o-meter cutout WAY TOO LOW, and the odometer cutout above the needle WAY TOO HIGH. Neither one of them even comes close to lining up. The new indiglo set has the cutouts at a much closer radius to the needle cutout than mine old one! So has anyone else experienced this or just me? Is this a late model/early model thing??

If I can't make these work then does anybody want mine?
Can the company who produced these make some that WILL fit my '95 SE V-6 car? I think I'm stuck with the speedo I got now since mine is cable ran, or maybe I could convert my speedo to electronic VSS powered speedo like later models got if that is the difference?

Anyone got ideas or feedback? OneBadTour, maybe you?

Thanks,
Josch

Dude I'm sorry to hear that, the only thing I could suggest is you switch over from a cable driven speedo to a electroinc driven one, I have done this in my 95 and it works perfect. There are a bunch of gauge clusters for sale on ebay, other than that maybe a junkyard. If you have anymore questions about that just PM me.

Skrilla.....PM sent.

Adam Electric Red 95 Ford Contour GL ATX Zetec Born on 11/01/94 (The Official SCCEG Beater.) Coming soon... Micah's Pre98 SVT Front Bumper and SVT body kit. **1BADTOUR**
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
What else do you have to do to hook up electronic speedo? Do you need the vehicle speed sensor off the newer car, or will the '95 VSS still work? What else was required to wire in the electronic one?

And what year instrument cluster am I shooting to get? '96 on up? Or are there only certain years to get? Could you please tell me all that I may need to know to help me avoid any possible pitfalls that may arise? I'm sure I could figure it out on my own since I am a Master Tech, but maybe you could save me the trouble of having to find out the tough way.

I assume in order to function, the later model electronic speedo needs a 5v ref for power, and a ground along with a VSS signal input, correct? Or was it more complex than that? How did it work with caliberation wise? Did you just wind up using the original VSS off the '95 or did you need to change that with later model as well?

Also, if I got a say, '98 instrument cluster, then could I just take out the actual speedo module and bolt it into my 95 instrument cluster? Or do I have to use the whole instrument cluster from the newer car. (Because I would wonder how the rest of the gauges and indicators would work with the 95 harness.

Anyways, thanks for all your help
Josch

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I only ask for your understanding in this and I want you all to know I'm not going to let anyone in this group buy get screwed. I'm doing my best.

I have been screwed!! This has taken so long that I have SOLD MY CAR!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! NOW!!!!

Jim

98.5 SVT, Vortech SC, Bassani, Quaiffe, Clutchmasters Stg. 3, H&R's/Konis, BAT 22mm Sway Bar, 17" Momo Arrows, Michelin Pilot Sports, Sparco Front Brace, HPP Rear Brace, PIAA fogs & headlights.
Page 53 of 83 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 82 83

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard