Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Don't know about other states/provinces/countries but Nitrous is very illegal here. Too many street racers killed in a ball-of-flames when the Nitrous ruptured and fanned the flames.

Personally, I rather be blown!

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Bradness:

Uhhhh . . .

N
N
Originally posted by Bradness:
Don't know about other states/provinces/countries but Nitrous is very illegal here. Too many street racers killed in a ball-of-flames when the Nitrous ruptured and fanned the flames.

Nitrous is not illegal in Ontario Canada. The MTO states you can carry a certain amount of nitrous as long as it is mounted securely and safely stored in your vehicle within their guidelines.
You can not have a remote bottle opener or the bottle on. I'm sure if you were to go by a local ministry transportation building one of the officers would be willing to teach you about the laws.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Just thought this should have been added. I know if I would have found this thread a month ago I would have got the chance to save my super charger. This is for those who have Rev 1 or Rev 2 of the Vortech Super Charger. I recommend installing this kit ASAP. I didn't as we didn't disconnect the jackshaft from the super charger the car was prevouisly installed on and drove for several thousands of mile swith no problem. Figure we could do the same we installed it without disconnecting it. unfornently it was splined correctly inside and within 75 short miles both the male and female ends of the jackshaft were destroyed. Striped of all their splines. And All i have to say is this should have been a sticky long ago.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=turbo&Number=256308&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Another alternative I was just informed of is the Lovejoy connectors. Don't know to much about them. But it could save you time and money. Something I wish I had both of after not seeing these before hand. Again these are a must see for vortech systems.

http://www.directindustry.com/soc/lovejoy/backlash-free-couplings-7199-59843.html?&RefCat=L

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Jackson Racing supercharger for Focus Zetec on Contour- Here is a brief list of what had to be done:

Install went according to the instructions but a few things had to "made"

-A plate to block off the EGR (for us 98+ Contours)
-Part of a bracket that the new intake manifold is supported on will need to fabbed
-You will need to get a IAC valve from a Focus.....the Contour IAC connector goes out in a 90 degree angle (which will hit the intake manifold)...the Focus connector goes out straight
- to get the alternator bolts in you will have to raise the engine
-if you have a UDP you will need to find your stock one.....Underdriving the S/C will give lower boost
-you will basically have to eliminate the cruise control....the way TB bolts up to the S/C the bracket sits kind of high....so a Dremel is you friend-----cut the piece of braket where the C/C goes....didn't matter to me....I never use it.
-CTA would probably be a better option for a "bolt on" intake....all I had to do is cut it and reverse it.

Other than that we just followed the instructions.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
where can I buy the kit?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by wanabsvt:
where can I buy the kit?

www.arizonadynochip.com

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
Thanks for your response.I checked it out.unfortunately,they don't make a kit for atx.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C

I FOUND A TURBO KIT FOR UNDER $200!!1!

OMG LOLOZORS!!1! 1M GOING TO GO RACE AND BEAT EVERYONE EVEN THEm TRANSAMS!!1!

I mean, how awesome is that!! I spend nothing and get what others pay $5000 for. It almost looks unsafe...BUT THIS IS EBAY!!!11 How COOLZZORS!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7945507474&category=33742

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
On another note. Do those heat shields really make a difference.

If so where do you purchase them?

I wish I had turbo...but maybe on my next CSVT - my old girl would probably blow her pistons right out.

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard