Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Please read through this thread before asking any questions that you think might have bee asked already. You may find what you need and wont have to post.

Please keep the idle citchat to a minimum, just good information in this thread.

It may take a little while to get lots of information in here, but its a good idea anyways.

Lets see some good stuff

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
Standard Street Flight Kit includes (parts can be upgraded):

Garrett T-28
Dual ball bearing liquid cooled

Headers
321 Stainless headers, 304L downpipe and intake pipes
Downpipe includes flex and 3" high flow cat

Filter
7" K&N

Intercooler
Liquid to air

Blow Off Valve
Turbo XS types S

Wastegate
Tial 35mm divorced wastegate by Garrett

Heat Exchanger
8 pass 1/2"

Reservoir Tank
4 gallon aluminum reservoir tank, with aviation style lid

Intercooler pump
198 gph

Injectors
6 24# Ford

Spark plugs
6 NGK

Engine Management
Custom dyno tuned Street Flight chip

Ventilation
Catch can with breather

Battery hold down kit
0 gauge battery line, eyelets and hold downs

Misc.
All silicone for intake, all bolts, oil lines and fittings, brass, vacuum tees and plenty of hose clamps.

Total cost is $5000.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O

V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Nitrous-

Nitrous is not like the movies. You canā??t just slap on a 200 shot and expect your motor to live long. First thing you need to do if you are considering nitrous is learn as much as you can. There are many places on the internet that can help and books that explain how it works. Another thingā?¦.it NITROUS, not NOS. N.O.S is a company that makes nitrous kits and it stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems. Here are a couple things to know.

-What size shot can your car handle?: As a general rule, you can spray 50% of what your base engine horse power is. So for an SVT which is rated at 200 hp, the largest you would want is 100 shot.

-What is needed for nitrous?

Needed items: Nitrous Kit, colder plugs with a smaller gap, and common sense when using it.

Recommended items: Purge kit, window switch, bottle heater, A/F gauge, nitrous gauge, fuel pressure gauge, and chip.

-Plugs: A general rule for plugs is one step colder for every 50-75 hp. Start off with one step colder and monitor the plugs for flecks of aluminum, a sure sign of detonation. Do not ever run platinum or splitfire type plugs, copper is what you want. Gap the plugs smaller than normal plugs. Nitrous companies recommend .035 but the odds of ā??snuffing outā? your spark are very small. Most people run a .040-.045 to get a better burn.

-Timing: As another general rule it is recommend that you retard the timing 1-2* for every additional 50 hp you add. By using a higher octane fuel you can get away with less timing and still be safe. But reducing the timing will lessen the chance of detonation and pinging.

-Octane: When using nitrous in any quantity it is best to use a higher octane fuel. Higher octane fuels reduce the chance of detonation. Avoid detonation and pinging like the plague. It will spell certain disaster for a nitrous injected motor. A bottle of octane booster is not a bad idea either, but should not take the place of higher octane fuel.

-Wet, Dry, or Direct Port: Wet kits use one nozzle to supply both the nitrous and fuel into the intake. Dry kits spray the nitrous into the intake and use the existing injectors to supply the extra fuel. Direct port systems supply the nitrous and fuel to each individual intake runner on the motor, or one per cylinder.

I will go over the Venom Kits.

The Venom kits will work with any year Contour V6. They work with both returnless and return style fuel systems. Both kits are computer controlled and tap into your injectors, O2 sensor, and TPS. With the computer control you get A/F monitoring, which means if you start to run lean the nitrous will automatically be shut off. They also use the existing injectors to compensate for the fuel that is needed due to the extra air (nitrous). These kits are in my opinion the safest you can buy.

VCN-1000 - This is the basic nitrous kit with all the safety precautions just not all the frills. The VCN-1000 comes with the computer control box, bottle, lines, wiring harness and 4 nitrous nozzles to select the shot size (25, 50, 75, 100).

VCN-2000 - This is the kit with it all. The VCN-2000 kit comes with computer control box, bottle, lines, wiring harness, digital display module, and a variable valve. With this system you need a computer to download to the control box the points at which you can set throttle angle, RPM activation, and percentage of nitrous. There are 3 different modes to choose from Linear, Drag, and Timed. Linear mode starts with a small shot and works its way up to the full selected output. In the drag setting the full selected shot is sprayed when the activation RPM is reached. And finally timed is for the turbo people. It will spray for 3-4 seconds, by that time the turbo is spooled up and can take over. The digital display lets you keep an eye on what is going on. It features RPM, nitrous status, mode, exhaust (rich or lean), and injector pulse width.

2002 Mustang GT H&R, Bilstein, NX, K&N, Bassani, and Prochamber 03 Cobra wheels, Goodyear Eagles: 275 fronts, 315 rears 325HP and 433 ft-lbs at the wheels Old Car: 2000 SVT #463/2150 Best #'s - 268.5HP and 275.8 ft-lbs at the wheels
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Refer to the following information page and forever be changed!
How Stuff Works / Supercharger and Turbo

This site is very informative and can answer anything from Forced Induction to "How does a rotary engine work?".... Have fun. Knowledge is power.

Dyno Plot of N/A vs. Vortech on 98E0

Timeslip with 2.5L Vortech'd Contour

Thanks Simon!

Last edited by Rara; 07/17/03 10:24 PM.

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Post deleted by Rara

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O

O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
Front mounted I/C

For a guy that doesn't have a turbo (yet), I am posting here quite a bit

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Here's some more info I think would be great in this thread:

- Info on what kind of knowledge would be required for installation of the turbo kit (i.e. could any mechanic do it? Are there instructions included? Does the installation need to be done at Street Flight?)
- A sort of history on the Vortech kit, i.e. I know there was initially a problem with spline stripping on the jack shaft, has that been verified to be fixed on the kits currently shipping? Are there any other problems that potential buyers should be aware of?
- Contact info for Street Flight (name/phone #, etc.)

I know I'm sticking my neck out to get flamed here but I was thinking that this info might be included here to save time for others looking for the same information.

1998.5 SVT Contour - Black H&R's Optimized Y-pipe and TB Open element intake w/heat shield 18x8 Mas Italy Axels (40 offset) w/225/40/18 2x Kicker 8" midbass "subs" in rear deck (infinite baffle setup) A few more little things...(like bushings)
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard