Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Z
Is it possible to hard wire the cooling fans on our cars directly to the battery so that even when the ignition is turned off you can have the fans drawing air across the radiator? I did this to a buddy's prelude but there was quite a bit more room to work with and there was only a single fan. All we did was splice into the wire from the fan and then ran two wires to the battery terminals. I want to do the same thing on my car but it seems a little more complicated. I want to put a switch in the console of my SVT so that when I have the car parked at the track I can run the fans to bring the temps down. If anybody has done this, can you post a simple how to?

2000 csvt #1553 Black/Tan
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
Whoopee, you're cooling the radiator. Do you think you're really changing the temp of the coolant in the block?

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
Whoopee, you're cooling the radiator. Do you think you're really changing the temp of the coolant in the block?

-Lance

Ah... A man after my own Sarcasm... I love it...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
HAHA. To actually make it work correctly you'd need to install some sort of secondary electric water pump like they use on VW's. Otherwise you're doing exactly what Lance said.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard