Next Thread
Print Thread
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Where to start??????

1. When the car warms up, I sometimes have problems putting the car into gear. All gears...

2. Sometimes it slightly grinds 3rd gear. If i go slow into gear. Shifting to N and than 3rd its fine. But if I drive normal it grinds. a very slight grind.

3. For some reason when I goto shift into any gear the idle jumps up when i put my foot on the clutch and let my foot off the gas pedal?????? and somtimes when I come to a complete stop and push the clutch in the idle jumps up to about 2000 rpm's. Also if I am backing out of a spot or have to switch from Rev to 1st or 1st to Rev I cant put the car into gear. I have to wait until the car comes to a complete stop. Then its ok.

I had a new motor installed less that 3000 miles ago. and a new clutch around 7000 ago.

Please help

G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
I guess its time to bring it to the dealer........

B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Sounds like you've got multiple problems going on there. The grinding sounds like a misadjusted linkage from when they did the clutch. The idling sounds like a vaccum leak issue. I'd take the car back to the clutch place first and then go after the idle issue second. The longer you drive with the grind, the more damage you do to the synchros and the shorter life your trans has.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
If your bored , you could bleed the clutch. But A visit to the installer is in order. Maybe they just have to make an adjustment......

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard