Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
TourDeFrance You posted the same thing in the post I had posted earlier. I haven't gotten around to try your test but what is the DPFE sensor I am assuming it is the black thing bolted onto the intake manifold that all the hoses hook up too. With the code for excessive flow I wouldn't be surprised if it was the sensor and not the EGR valve.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
The DPFE is below the EGR valve, bolted to the block. You can't see it very well as it is hidden by the EGR valve & other hoses. Best viewpoint is from the driver side of the car, put your hand on the EGR valve & look straight down from there. I'll e-mail a picture to you & MYFASTSE.

The originals were aluminum body. The new ones are black plastic. Try the test, you could save yourself a bunch of money & time. First thing to do (if you haven't yet) is to clean your Throttle Body (TB). Be sure to get the EGR passages behind the gasket cleaned up too. Huge difference, & lots of info on that in this site.

By the way, the name is Tour de Force (not france).

Last edited by TourDeForce; 07/09/03 07:22 PM.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Looks like the same part but MAN that seems like WAY too much money for that. I think I got mine from the dealer for under $50.

The DPFE is below the EGR valve, bolted to the block with two bolts & has the connectors as shown in your post. The old ones are aluminum. The new ones are black plastic, try a dealer or two for a price on the new Differential Pressure Feedback Sensor.

You can get one for $61 here:

DPFE price

That's at Fordpartsonline.com if the link doesn't work properly.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Thanks for the info I should be able to find it now. Sorry about the miss name not sure what I was writing.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

By the way, the name is Tour de Force (not france).

Watching too much cycling lately? LOL

Thanks for all your help. I am gonna clean mine on sat and see how that goes on trying to solve the problem. I know it needs it. I will call the local dealers and see what they charge.

Thanks again,

Eric

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
O
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
well, its been about a week since I did this and posted pictures. CEL still hasnt returned for my EGR, I had my codes checked today to make sure. That cured it! All i had to do is unbolt a couple things and clean a little. DIY is the way to go.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Other than a brush what are some of the tools needed ( Got all the wrenches just the cleaning tools). Did you just scrub it or did you use some b-12 cleaner ( I think that is what it is called) Also to help eliminate the build up couls you spray some teflon in that area to help eliminate the build up from sticking again? Just wondering, i am not sure how it would affect the engine if any got in to the cylinders.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
O
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
All you need is throttle body cleaner, a wire brush, and something to pick at the carbon with (i used a screw driver). Dont spray anything other than throttle body cleaner. There is some sort of coating in the throttle body itself, i really dont know whats up with that, but all i know is that you dont use a different type of cleaner. The wire brush wont do all the work for you, it will help for when you finish up. If you want clean the passage leading to the valve (may be clogged as well), get some sort of thick wire to shove in there to unclog. The how-to on this site states you need a mechanic's wire. Since I didnt know where to find one, I used regular thick electrical wiring. Its sooo easy to do, just use common sense and stay away from other cleaners.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard