Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Alright. Yesterday went to the store to pick up a set of Cuzo's. On my way there the car bogged, then returned to normal. I jumped on the express way and she started bogging worse. I pulled out the chip and she still bogged.
I got off the expressway and as soon as I pulled into a gas station she died. Now she just keeps dieing out on me. Sometimes she'll run fine for a few minutes and sometimes it seems like I can't get two feet or even take off from a stand still. I took apart my intake, checked for cracks in the couplings, but there were none. I cleaned the maf while I had everything apart. I even changed the gas filter today and reset the computer a few times. There is no CEL.

Any ideas?

Last week I had my mufflers cut off, and installed stock foglights with the relay in a car that never had them before.

It's a 99Se 2.0 Zetec ATX.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Maybe you should check the fuel pump. It kinda sounds like some of the symptoms I read. Good luck.

Black 99 CSVT #1820 of 2760 -Current Mods- DMD, KKM, Koni-Kit, HPP rear strut tower bar, metal water pump, tinted windows, Pioneer DEHP4600MP, 6x8 Pioneer 4ways
B
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
B
How did you check it. I'm really starting to believe thats what it is due to everything I've read in the last two days.

U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
I would, off hand, suggest fuel pump. I have also heard of several stories where the car is fine one minute, go into a store, come out, then there is a miss that will develop into a bucking like you describe.

I had the same issue right after Kim and I bought our Mystique. Started out not so very often at highway speeds only, but soon started even below 2500 RPM. Turned out to be plugs and wires in our case.

I would suggest, if you haven't already, checking out this thread... To those who have bucking.... There seems to be a lot of different senerios you could play with here.

If you have already checked this thread and the few others that have turned up here in the past month or so, I would see if you could rent a fuel pressure gauage from an auto parts store and check that.

Better yet! Check that coil pack connection! Remember that little joke someone (who shall remain nameless at this point!! ) pulled on you not too long ago. Might not have reconnected it very well and it is just now starting to work loose again. Just a thought anyway.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
B
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Thanks Phil. I checked the coil pack, tight

I'm thinking fuel pump too, I just didnt post it at first becuase I didnt want people saying things just to agree with me.

Thanks for the timing belt idea, I'll try to check that out before I purchase the fuel pump.

O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
hey dude, if you need help with anything (even though i dont know too much), im right in the neighborhood. just call me or IM me.

B
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Thanks Paul. I really appreciate it.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Check the fuel pump, or better yet replace it. Might be a good idea with near 100K miles.

If you do and it has the same problems...I will meet up with you when I get back and switch coil packs.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
B
NO, NEED COIL PACK NOW....

j/k, thnks alot Hector. I bought the new fuel pump today, 100.00 plus 14.00 for the screen from Autozone. I'll keep ya' posted mang!

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Want to but my Accel one?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard