Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
i want to get my contour check for the recall of the wire harness it's 4yrs old what are the major complaints of the wire harness?? so i can have the dealer check it out while the car is there they told me it's going to take a few hours to check and see if it's that part in order to repair it question ???what is the part they are checking? need all info i can get you no how the dealers play with us thanks everyone 97 4cyl 62,750 pacific green all powered cd player

R.A
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Here is info about the recall. It's recall number is 99M03. You will need to give your Ford dealer your vin to determine if your car is subject to the recall. However, the recall states all vehicles from the first contour produced in 1995 to the last produced in 1997 are subject to this recall. The recall will be preformed free of charge for 10 years from the in service date, or if the car has fewer than 100K. If the car is out of the free repair period, then it will cost you about 650 dollars for the harnesses. The longest it should take your dealer to replace the harnesses if they are going bad is two or two and a half days. Also, according to the recall, if your harnesses are damaged, FORD will pay for a rental vehicle for you to use while your car is in the shop.

Recall Link

Hope this helps. In the future, search for answers to your questions with the forum search before posting. Also, the CEG homepage has a FAQ's section that lists common problems. That is always a good place to start. I'm not one of those people who won't answer a question if it's on the homepage, but some people here are. If you post something that is answered on the homepage, it might take a while for you to get a response. So, to serve you better, and to keep the people here happier, I would suggest you search in the future.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard