Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jocatz Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Why on earth would you choose Denver? Let me tell you a few things about driving/living in the Denver area:
1) Your car has NO POWER! Please let me know if there is anyone out there that has actually seen an IMPROVEMENT in HP at high altitude.

2)It is pain in the ass to go anywhere! I realize that there are cities with worse congestion, but couple the congestion with the absolutely TERRIBLE roads (IE, potholes on the freeway!) and driving just sucks. They are repaving I-25, but Colorado is the only state I've been to where the roads are actually WORSE after they repave! There is a reason why people drive 4x4s here....it's the roads! Oh yeah, and don't expect any advance notification that there is any road construction. Typically, you just come up on a lane thats closed. No warning signs or anything. In the rare case you do see a "RIGHT/LEFT LANE CLOSED AHEAD" sign, it is six inches before the lane closes. I am not exagerating.

I have lived in the area for eight years and HATE IT! I bought my 99' V6 Contour Sport here and love the way it handles. The power seemed OK until I drove it back home to Washington state. WOW, so this is how the car SHOULD perform! I was passing everybody up six percent grades with plenty of power left over.

I apologize for ranting but my main interest is automotive performance and that just doesn't happen here! I have a 1967 Chevy 2WD SWB truck with a 454 and TH400 out of a 69 'Vette. In WA, nothing could beat it. Up here, after being tuned for the altitude, I've been dusted by almost everything with a V8.

Anyone here in Colorado, take your car to lower altitude, you will be amazed! And not just Contours. I had a '92 Mazda MX-3 with an 88 horsepower 4 banger in it that I bouht here and drove to Oregon, same thing...it acted like it had another 40 HP!

I think you could have chosen a better location for a car meet. Colorado is fine if you want to go climb or ride your bike up some stupid rock and gasp for oxygen as you do it, but not for cars! A meet on the beach, now that would be cool. Wanna test the handling and power of your car? Try Highway 101 down the Oregon coast. Twisty, hilly and most of it has been recently repaved...CORRECTLY! And there is nothing more beuatiful than a freshly washed Silver Frost Contour on the beach (Sunset Beach just outside of Astoria, OR) during a sunset!

Colorado sucks!

'99 SE Sport ATX(I'm lazy)
Badgeless, Vent Gaurds, Stained carpet, Broken air box hold downs(2), Crappy Firestones
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
Those are a few reasons why I wanted it to be in Austin, TX.

------------------
Chris Hightower
http://crush7.dyndns.org/

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
E
E
Well Jocatz,

First of all, yes we lose some power in Colorado. Too much, but that's life. Four of us had dyno's done at the national meet last weekend, so now we have actual data, not just ranting.

The power loss did not prevent one heck of a fast fun run. Ask the two zetec's who were bouncing their speed limiters.

And I guess the 7 hours on Second Creek raceway was terrible. Terrible on our tires and brakes maybe!

If you ask me, the only things that sucked were the weather and your attitude. Thanks for your contributions to the group and for not showing up to nationals. I don't think anybody missed your whinging!

Eric

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard