Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#67885 09/02/00 05:47 PM
J
J
I posted this elsewhere also.

National Meet in CO?? Prepare to SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why on earth would you choose Denver? Let me tell you a few things about driving/living in the Denver area:
1) Your car has NO POWER! Please let me know if there is anyone out there that has actually seen an IMPROVEMENT in HP at high altitude.
2)It is pain in the ass to go anywhere! I realize that there are cities with worse congestion, but couple the congestion with the absolutely TERRIBLE roads (IE, potholes on the freeway!) and driving just sucks. They are repaving I-25, but Colorado is the only state I've been to where the roads are actually WORSE after they repave! There is a reason why people drive 4x4s here....it's the roads! Oh yeah, and don't expect any advance notification that there is any road construction. Typically, you just come up on a lane thats closed. No warning signs or anything. In the rare case you do see a "RIGHT/LEFT LANE CLOSED AHEAD" sign, it is six inches before the lane closes. I am not exagerating.

I have lived in the area for eight years and HATE IT! I bought my 99' V6 Contour Sport here and love the way it handles. The power seemed OK until I drove it back home to Washington state. WOW, so this is how the car SHOULD perform! I was passing everybody up six percent grades with plenty of power left over.

I apologize for ranting but my main interest is automotive performance and that just doesn't happen here! I have a 1967 Chevy 2WD SWB truck with a 454 and TH400 out of a 69 'Vette. In WA, nothing could beat it. Up here, after being tuned for the altitude, I've been dusted by almost everything with a V8.

Anyone here in Colorado, take your car to lower altitude, you will be amazed! And not just Contours. I had a '92 Mazda MX-3 with an 88 horsepower 4 banger in it that I bouht here and drove to Oregon, same thing...it acted like it had another 40 HP!

I think you could have chosen a better location for a car meet. Colorado is fine if you want to go climb or ride your bike up some stupid rock and gasp for oxygen as you do it, but not for cars! A meet on the beach, now that would be cool. Wanna test the handling and power of your car? Try Highway 101 down the Oregon coast. Twisty, hilly and most of it has been recently repaved...CORRECTLY! And there is nothing more beuatiful than a freshly washed Silver Frost Contour on the beach (Sunset Beach just outside of Astoria, OR) during a sunset!

Colorado sucks!

'99 SE Sport ATX(I'm lazy)
Badgeless, Vent Gaurds, Stained carpet, Broken air box hold downs(2), Crappy Firestones
#67886 09/04/00 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you EAST COAST CEG members think about joining the SVO Club of America, National Lightning Owners Club, SVT Cobra Owners Association, and the Saleen Owners Enthusiast Club for the SVO/SVT/Saleen Reunion?

Enter the site and follow the links to Reunion 2000...... http://www.svoca.com

We here at the SVO Club of America would like to discuss this event as the CEG EAST National event...drag racing, autocross, hospitality, reunion show...we got it all for ya!

email me directly at svogary@home.com for any information or to discuss this event.

Thanks CEG!

------------------

#67887 09/05/00 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jocatz:

National Meet in CO?? Prepare to SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why on earth would you choose Denver?

You know, with this kind of attitude, I'm sure that there are more than a few people who wouldn't mind if you didn't show up. Jeez, a whole bunch of people get hacked off because the event isn't near where they live, and here you are b*tching because it IS held where you live!

Guess it just goes to show ya, you can't please everyone...

Mike McCue
No Longer Responsible for Spring Zing...
No Longer even an SVT owner...(but may be again soon!)
#67888 09/05/00 06:45 PM
S
S
Denver was chosen because there are CEG'ers in the area that are willing to go through the considerable time and effort it takes to make this happen. THANK YOU!

As far as lower power... I speak for myself alone that I am not making this trip for the purpose of maximum horsepower. Meeting Contique brethren and looking at each other's cars and comparing notes. The activities are cool too, I for one have never had an opportunity to drive in the mountains, and I'm looking forward to this. Less HP? not an issue, I can get 0-60 runs everyday without leaving town.

I for one am excited and can't wait to be there. Just made the hotel reservation!
------------------
I don't have a personality. I have an attitude

Ross 1998 E0 SVT T-Red

[This message has been edited by svtcarboy (edited September 05, 2000).]

You can pillage an enemy once, but a customer is an endless resource.

James Oerichbauer - PFPC Global Fund Services

Ross: 1998 E0 SVT Contour, Toreador Red, Konis, Superchip, KKM w/heat shield, SHO-shop y-pipe and rear strut brace, no res, ScotchCal, Moda Sport 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55ZR16 Dayton Dayton tires... more
#67889 09/06/00 06:05 AM
S
S
I know I am going to the SVO/SVT Reunion in TN. I can't wait!

------------------
Chris
NJ
98.5 SVT Silver Frost
AIM: shaggy010
shaggy01@bellatlantic.net

Chris
NJ
98.5 SVT Silver Frost w/Frankentrans
carsla AT optonline DOT net
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Loco4G63