Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#67865 06/28/00 10:15 PM
B
B
i'd like to go to one of these events, but due to my schedule, even IL is far for me.

Lance: is it possible to also have something in NE this summer? in addition to thenational meet? just so some folks can get a taste of the contour spirit. i'm not sure who to contact about this or if there are any tracks in this area which would let amateur groups drive their cars around.

i guess, email me if you're interested and we'll work from there...?

-Brian

baco@alum.dartmouth.org

1998 E0 SVT #3128, T-Red

2001 Infiniti G20t
1974.5 MG B GT
#67866 06/30/00 08:39 PM
So, Has anyone decided on a definate date as of yet? I need a big notice so I can plan my vacation. Thanks, Tim

------------------
Timothy Kirk sobeit99@yahoo.com
Tulsa, OK
99 SVT Black/Midnight Blue
1876/2760
Totally Stock!
Would I lie?

http://photos.yahoo.com/sobeit99

#67867 07/03/00 12:50 AM
M
Moe Offline
M
I'm a go for almost anywhere!!! But I also need to know a tentative date(s). It's a bitc* getting days off at work last minute.

------------------
Mike
Bel Air, Maryland
Black 98.5 SVT

[This message has been edited by moe66 (edited July 02, 2000).]

-- Mike (Moe)Lester --
98.5 SVT #5486
moesvt@comcast.net
Get your a$$ on IM and stop wasting bandwidth!!!!!!
#67868 07/03/00 07:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be down for anything close to Las Vegas as well. CA would be very do-able. Also, Simon W., e-mail me and we'll talk about 'tours sometime.

------------------
'96 Zetech
Limo Tint
1000Watt System

#67869 07/03/00 07:51 PM
J
J
Ditto the concerns about time off, gotta get that scheduled, make sure I'm not on call and best would be a weekend when my wife is "Tin Roof Rusted" Don't like to be around when that happens every 28 days

Cheers,

TB

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
#67870 07/04/00 04:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you who are asking about dates for the 2000 National Meet, try to hang in there. I am going to discuss everything with Eric Linneman (the other Colorado CEG member who is helping me plan) tomorrow. I will make choosing the dates my top priority, but they obviously have to work with the availability of track/dyno/hotel facilities, etc., and I want to run everything by Lance first, so I don't think we will have a date set in stone for another week or two. A very tentative figure would probably be the first or second weekend of September, most likely a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We are going to work very hard to make this an enjoyable event for all the members. I will post the actual dates as soon as they become final, and more detailed information will follow as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,
Jeff Gingras

#67871 07/04/00 08:21 AM
S
S
Hey Jeff,

I'm located in Aurora, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

E-mail: brantleyiii@earthlink.net

Peace,

------------------
Brad W.
98.5 SE
KKM True-Rev
Narva Xenon Bulbs
Custom Stereo
------------------
"There are some things so serious you have to laugh at them."

#67872 07/07/00 12:42 AM
P
P
I'm assuming we're set on Colorado. Great by me. As far as dates though, the first weekend in September is Labor Day weekend. Cool because we would all (most anyway) have Monday off, but not so good as traffic on our scenic mountain roads would be awful. And, many members will likely have plans with family etc. that weekend. I'll likely be there regardless, but mountain roads crowded with tourists are less than entertaining. Just something to think about.

My ideas for the event:

I know of several good roads not too far out of Denver (and I'm sure you CO guys know many more), but for a true driving experience, lets pick a day (Sunday early morning would be best) and block off several hours and PLAN a route through Summit county or Leadville or Estes Park or something similar. The CEG events I have attended have all been awesome, but with a little more planning would have been even better. For example, have maps printed up and meeting points along the way so that when people get separated (and they always do!), we can all meet back up and no one gets lost.

Get with the local SCCA chapter possibly (their National HQ is right there in Englewood) and see if they would set up an autocross for us (for a price of course).

Check with that road race track out there (is it called Second Creek?) and see what their rental fee is. Would be really fun to have a track event, although we'd probably have to get $$ up front.

Do the raffle thing like at SpringZing. Everyone brings something, everyone gets something.

Get a banquet room at a 'local' (not a chain) restaurant/bar. Could plan a Saturday night dinner.

Pikes Peak would be another fun day trip, although some of us may be a little too anal to take our cars to the top. It is dusty and bumpy, but then you can say your car has been over 14k feet!

Have commemorative T-shirts and stickers printed up.

Not do a drag race (not a legitimate one anyway!). I've witnessed 2 SVT's break transmissions on drag tracks, and it kind of puts a damper on the weekend for the person whose car is broken (right Tim?!).

That's probably more than most people want to read, so I'll stop for now. If there's anything I can do to help out from KC, just let me know.

Phil Frick
E1 SVT #5276
Lots of mods

Phil Frick
2002 WRX Wagon
98.5 SVT - Retired to wife duty
#67873 07/07/00 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by psfsvt:
Not do a drag race (not a legitimate one anyway!). I've witnessed 2 SVT's break transmissions on drag tracks, and it kind of puts a damper on the weekend for the person whose car is broken (right Tim?!).

Do what???? no drag racing. What do you mean people break things? I have no clue what you are talking about. I want to drag race. I love the feeling of it. I've been practicing. I no longer get wheelhop. So please include drag racing. Besides, I handled it pretty good I think! Sorry Phil. You wouldn't mind pushing me to the tow truck like everyone else did at Spring Zing would you? Later, Tim AKA Quaife boy

------------------
Timothy Kirk sobeit99@yahoo.com
Tulsa, OK
99 SVT Black/Midnight Blue
1876/2760
http://photos.yahoo.com/sobeit99

#67874 07/07/00 02:39 AM
P
P
Kind of a joke about not drag racing. It is actually really fun, although after what I've seen you won't see my car out there! But if Friday night is open to the public, like it seems to be at many drag tracks, that would still be a good time. And Tim, if we do end up dragging, I'll be sure and do my part watching a bunch of other guys push your car off the track like last time! Quaife, here you come!

------------------
Phil Frick
E1 SVT #5276

Phil Frick
2002 WRX Wagon
98.5 SVT - Retired to wife duty
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard