Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
I have exactly the same car and exactly the same problem. See my post towards the end of this thread and PLEASE let me know if you trace the problem back to something. I don't want to put in a new set of plugs and trade it in, but I'm close to that solution, Ken 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec ATX.

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Here's a great link to Ford's DPFE and all it's problems. It looks like this may be it. I'll let you know, Kennard 99 Silverfrost SE Zetec ATX, wheels, Sumho's, sound system, high output blue headlight bulbs, Audi side marker lights where the SE badges were (an easy, easy mod BTW) and more to come (IF I get this stutter problem figured out) Here's the link; http://www.cnnw.net/~fourty/dpfe.htm

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Almost the same car. Mine is a V-6. Heading off to park under a tree & play mechanic now ... BRB.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Differential Pressure Feedback Exhaust sensor. Interesting.
How exactly could that cause bucking?

BTW Kennard, you can set up signatures under "my home" after you have logged in. No need to type all that stuff up every time you post!

M
I am Canuckian
OP Offline
I am Canuckian
M
My issues seem more prominent toward the end of the tank and when the vehicle is first started for the day. Once I break 3000rpm it seems to disapear/get covered up. I'm still waiting to hear from someone though that can answer the first question I posted regarding if the bucking is there through the whole tank and just not as noticeable in the top portion. Anyone?

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by lauraq:
"touch wood"

LMAO.I think u mean "knock on wood". We don't need you touching your wood in front of us.

-Tavis

'99 SVT Contour #535/2760, born 11/30/98. Toreador Red / Prairie Tan Wife's car: '00 Saturn LS2. Dk. Toreador Red (no joke) / Graphite Sunday Bruiser: '67 Camaro rs/SS350 4 spd. Ermine White / Custom Yellow
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
From my post above:

"My symptoms occur with full or low fuel, at any speed just as long as I am under light acceleration. Seems especially bad when the engine has warmed up. Have you noticed something similar?"

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Awwww, man! I haven't had lunch yet. Please stop that.

M
M
I had a similar problem once before. It turned out to be the throtle position sensor. I replaced it and the problem stopped instantly.

Ray

98 Countour GL
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by akrump47:
I still have bucking. Cleaned the TB and put new Motorcraft plugs in. Dealer replaced the clutch and slave cylinder too, it still wont go away. It happens when lifting foot on or off the throttle. I wish I could figure out what is causing it ...

I have the same. Cleaning the MAF and resetting PCM
solves it for about 1-2 weeks, then it comes back.

Can it be the IACV ?

T.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard