Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
I am Canuckian
OP Offline
I am Canuckian
M
.....Was yours as a result of a faulty fuel pump/screen? If so I would assume the bucking was more pronounced towards the bottom of the tank. Question is though did you have any bucking with the tank on full? I'm just trying to source my problem as it is driving me up the wall.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Fuel pressure problems are easily and quickly verified with a fuel pressure guage.

Timing belt could also be at fault.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
The bucking/hesitation that I experienced last year was independant of fuel level. It turned out to be non double-platinum plugs. Switched to the correct plugs and the problem went away.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I still have bucking. Cleaned the TB and put new Motorcraft plugs in. Dealer replaced the clutch and slave cylinder too, it still wont go away. It happens when lifting foot on or off the throttle. I wish I could figure out what is causing it ...

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by akrump47:
I still have bucking. Cleaned the TB and put new Motorcraft plugs in. Dealer replaced the clutch and slave cylinder too, it still wont go away. It happens when lifting foot on or off the throttle. I wish I could figure out what is causing it ...

When you find out, let me know. I replaced front and rear motor mounts and added the insert in the front mount. I'm thinking "stab-o-shock" replacement is next.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I have had a "miss" or some bucking problems ever since I changed my plugs & wires. I used Autolite Pro-fit wires & double plat plugs. I have taken the plugs out & re-gapped to no avail. I will be trying again this afternoon, & if it does not work I'll take the wires back for a replacement set.

You sure have got it right, this is a most irritating problem. My symptoms occur with full or low fuel, at any speed just as long as I am under light acceleration. Seems especially bad when the engine has warmed up. Have you noticed something similar? My next step will be to replace fuel filter & O2 sensors.

I'll keep you posted.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Mark, I had a similar problem a few years back. I would be driving on the highway at speed and all of a sudden my car would just jerk maybe once or twice. It was strong enough that I could spill my coffee if I wasn't careful. Dealership never could find any kind of problem later that year I did change my fuel filter and did some other stuff and, "touch wood" that problem has never come back since. I have no idea if those things helped.

1998 BLK SVT CONTOUR #2980 of 6535 395,000(ish) km (and counting) SVTOA-TORONTO Chapter Director www.svtoa-toronto.ca
I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
noticed a substantial reduction in bucking after I replaced the DPFE.

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
What's that?

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Based on your suggestion I too replaced my plugs with Autolite double plat plugs. But my problem went away for days, only to return. And it always starts the same way, first while the a/c is on and gradually gets worse and worse until it's doing the same thing almost all the time now. It's never at WOT, it's always just under medium load before the ATX will kick down. And sometimes while sitting at idle. I ran that car HARD to Seattle from Portland without one single stutter. I drove it 50 miles to work and back the next day. Then yesterday it was 80 degrees and I drove it home with the a/c on and it started missing/bucking/stuttering. My car has 85K and no belt change yet. And we have the CVT (sp?) Zetec engine with the ATX. It's getting more than a little frustrating. I'm thinking about changing the plug wires since maybe when the plugs are brand new and they have almost zero resistance the plug wires are sending enough voltage to fire them. And maybe after a little time the plugs get just enough carbon on them to force the plug wires to short out somewhere. I don't know but if anyone has a suggestion please say so, thanks again, Ken

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard