Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
He just got a little mad, everybody does cause they can't STAND IT. But it's all good, I'll play the bad guy outcast in contour world. The thing is, I have driven the ish out of an svt contour, so it's safe to say I know what I'm dealing with. I know for a fact he's only a magazine racer when it comes to my car. And again, I'll leave with a smile.

Wow, thanks for the info. So C5's (not Z06) and Z-28's run 11's. You're talking like a newbie fool. You obviously have the memory retention of a goldfish as I NEVER said I was beating down Vette's. A Z-28 on the other hand (LT-1 engine) is a different animal, and he was as surprised as you would be if you ACTUALLY new how fast my car is. I don't see any facts from you either. You slap on a boost controller and act as if you have a an Enzo now.

And 20lbs for a window module - RIIIIGHT, maybe in a POS Dodge, but you'd be lucky if all 4 modules in the Contour weighed 20lbs TOTAL!

I guess if we rolled down the road side by side, I would be turning more heads thatn, your ass-in-the-sky Neon. Then when I walk you all the way up to 150mph you'll shut yer trap.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by The Ripper:
The lightning has 5.4 liters of displacement though. Can you add a maf and gain 40 whp on your neon? How about a computer chip that shaves a half second off your 1/4 time? The lighting has forced induction and big displacement so, like the new cobra, mods add insane amounts of power.

No my car doesn't have a maf, but I can buy MOPAR's Stage 1 kit for $328 and go from 215/245 to 245/265 at the wheels. That's pretty solid IMO.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
He just got a little mad, everybody does cause they can't STAND IT. But it's all good, I'll play the bad guy outcast in contour world. The thing is, I have driven the ish out of an svt contour, so it's safe to say I know what I'm dealing with. I know for a fact he's only a magazine racer when it comes to my car. And again, I'll leave with a smile.

Wow, thanks for the info. So C5's (not Z06) and Z-28's run 11's. You're talking like a newbie fool. You obviously have the memory retention of a goldfish as I NEVER said I was beating down Vette's. A Z-28 on the other hand (LT-1 engine) is a different animal, and he was as surprised as you would be if you ACTUALLY new how fast my car is. I don't see any facts from you either. You slap on a boost controller and act as if you have a an Enzo now.

And 20lbs for a window module - RIIIIGHT, maybe in a POS Dodge, but you'd be lucky if all 4 modules in the Contour weighed 20lbs TOTAL!

I guess if we rolled down the road side by side, I would be turning more heads thatn, your ass-in-the-sky Neon. Then when I walk you all the way up to 150mph you'll shut yer trap.

see I told ya he was mad. Name callin and everything. Way to show your maturity dude.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
ass-in-the-sky Neon.

ROFL!! The back of the car looks like it has a lift kit on it!!
Fast, but not a good looking car at all . . .

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
my only problem with your statement is the cheap feeling part. Have you ever even seen one other than in pictures? Nothing cheap looking or feeling about it. Whats cheap looking about an intercooler that spans the front of the car? Camaro's are more along the lines of cheap IMO, I could go buy a base camaro right now for $15k, probably cheaper because GM can't move a car to save their lives (short of a vette). That fact alone puts your coveted z28 in the same econo class as my neon.

Oh please, its a neon for godsakes. Even if its not as cheap as the ones ive been in, people look at it and think cheap. Plus its way up there on the "cars built for girls" list. Maybe when you get some more money you can buy a turbo beetle-- i hear those are performance monsters too.

Many of the z28s I have seen seem cheap inside too, the plastics and such could use some work. So what, itll smoke the crap out of your neon. Anyways, since you obviously didnt understand the point I (and several others) were trying to make, Ill let it drop.

To the other dude about the 300zx, you can get some power out of them but they arent built like the supras, and dont run like them either. Stick with the supras, and if you can show me a link where I can get a 94 for 17k, send it to me and maybe ill buy the car

00 SVT Contour: SHM LT headers, LSD, Spec Stg 3...dyno:190.3whp sold 02/04 04 Subaru Baja Turbo 5-spd 00 Camaro SS 393cid: 510rwhp/469rwtq, 11.16 @ 124.95(hit 1-2 limiter) www.erikz.org
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I think half the people in this thread forget that they're driving "just" a Contour. The Hertz special.

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:
I think half the people in this thread forget that they're driving "just" a Contour. The Hertz special.

This statement is very true....you guys sound like a bunch of assclowns...

The SRT-4 is quicker stock, and will always have the potential to be quicker than an SVT Contour....provided that the owner is an enthusiast, and spends some dough! This is what happens when you compare technology of the late 90's to technology of the new millenium...Guys with modded to hell cars attempting to defend themselves against a new car that can match or even beat them. Think about the Corvette..back in the 60's it was fast as hell! Now we have the ZO6 that has been titled the best Vette ever! Now we all know the BB Vette's of the 60's made some serious power, but look at the smaller displacement ZO6 making more power, getting better mpg, and handling a ton better.

The SRT-4 is just a Neon, but us SVT owners just drive Contours. Comparing the two is like apples to oranges, granted the few turbo/supercharged SVT's are right on par with the SRT-4's...all they have to do is a few simple mods, and those "Neons" will be running hard as hell!

Would I sell my SVT turboed Contour for an SRT-4...no, but I would sell it for a ZO6, or possibly a C-6....any buyers interested?

2002 ZO6...462whp/410wtq pretty darn fast!11.70 @ 122 silver/black 2006 Trailblazer SS(wifes car) silver/black 2000 SVT-Turbo-sold silver/blue #1699/2150 13.83 @ 102.82 on 5psi 13.51 @ 107.56 on 8psi
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by wavrdr:
apples to oranges

Motion to ban this extremely overused statement from any further discussions

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:

You don't see me attacking contours though? hmmm......

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Um, I think this discussion has about exhausted its usefulness.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard