Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
He just got a little mad, everybody does cause they can't STAND IT. But it's all good, I'll play the bad guy outcast in contour world. The thing is, I have driven the ish out of an svt contour, so it's safe to say I know what I'm dealing with. I know for a fact he's only a magazine racer when it comes to my car. And again, I'll leave with a smile.

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:
Originally posted by Rychie620:
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
This is not a knock of the Neon, rather praise for the SVT which is still a kick after all these years. If I were 18, I would probably love the SRT4..

i'm 17, and i thought i should chime in on this. i dont like the SRTs for these reasons -- ugly looks , 4 banger engine, and that fact that its a neon . i like my 'tour much better, and once i get my playtoy 'tour hooked up (SVT turbo'd & intercooled 3.0L , venom nitrous , custom air intakes (yes, plural ), and high flow cats & exhaust ) i dont think it will be able to touch me.

With the money you're going to waste (who are you kidding, you're a 12 year old with a big wheel, come on now!), you could buy a Supra TT, which would own your a$$ all day long. Dumbass domestic ricer. (CBM, is that you?)

Very true. Let's see 20K-Srt-Neon.....20K MkIV TT Supra (SECKSIE!!! )and faster stock for stock.

the 93 supra still goes for about 24-25k used with over 100k miles on it. You wont get nothing for 20k.

To the neon guy -- I've always maintained that straight line performance is important to me, hence my camaro. Its just not why I bought the SVT contour -- I knew I wasnt going to blow anyone away with the that if I left it close to stock. But it can hold its own, and it is a joy to drive, and it has the look and feel of a more expensive european car. I was trying to be nice, because I think the neon is kinda cool conceptually, but --if I wanted a riced up looking, cheap feeling econobox with some serious get up and go, then Id look into a neon, but thats not what I and many others on the CONTOUR board want (right now at least). The cars do not serve the same purposes, they are not in the same category or class. If you want to compare the two cars, you might as well compare anything else made in the same time period, thats why I throw in the z28 for comparison sake. That is the point I was trying to make, different types of cars, different strokes for different folks.

00 SVT Contour: SHM LT headers, LSD, Spec Stg 3...dyno:190.3whp sold 02/04 04 Subaru Baja Turbo 5-spd 00 Camaro SS 393cid: 510rwhp/469rwtq, 11.16 @ 124.95(hit 1-2 limiter) www.erikz.org
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
my only problem with your statement is the cheap feeling part. Have you ever even seen one other than in pictures? Nothing cheap looking or feeling about it. Whats cheap looking about an intercooler that spans the front of the car? Camaro's are more along the lines of cheap IMO, I could go buy a base camaro right now for $15k, probably cheaper because GM can't move a car to save their lives (short of a vette). That fact alone puts your coveted z28 in the same econo class as my neon.

D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Massiv:
Ripper...

Doubt it. Back in the day, my 5.0L ripped a new a$$hole in many an E36 M3 that stepped up. One word for you: OVERHYPED!

That car's junk, bud. The only thing going for it is resale because people believe in the BMW name. Bah... Some SRT-4's are putting down a 13.9 quarter. That will absolutely smoke an E36 M3, just as my old 5.0 did, with 1979 technology. BIG DEAL! Come to think of it... that little turbo POS will even beat most 5.0L's with light mods...

It's OK to give props where due. Dodge did a *really* good thing here... yeah, it's a neon, but it's hella fast, and largely revised. If you have an older M3, maybe you'll get lucky and Dodge's turbo 2.4L will bolt right in???

Massiv.

Sorry, can let this go..the E36 is JUNK???
It is not a rocket, but it was when made the fastest sedan available at its price..Ran about 14.1@98MPH, so it was a bit slower than this turbo Neon but "smoked" is not the word I would use.

But the cars REAL claim to faim was exceptional handling & telepathic contols. By handling I do not mean the .86g or so on a skidpad (good but not better than an SVT). I mean it HANDLED. Ever drive one..its the benchmark, period. E36 even better than E46 which understeers more and has too ligh steering. The E36 "senses" the road and your next command. It would destroy most any car on a winding mountain road where confidence is more valuable than power or absolute gs pulled. The E36 won the best handling comparo in 1998 or so. In a series of objective tests/road/track courses (MUCH more than more than just steady state gs or lane change speed) it defeated EVERY othe CAR. Ferrari, Acura NSX, Porsche, everything at 1/2 the price and twice the seats!!!

M3 is the holy grail sedan of auto enthusiests..
Far as I'm concerned it still is despite biturbo Audis & S/C Benzes that are much faster but weigh 600 lbs more and handle "relatively" like crap.
Hmmmm, sounds like the CSVT vs SRT4 comparo..

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
This is the best thread ever.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
This is the best thread ever.

This thread sux man. I could care less about a SRT-4. Good for you that you own one. Personally I would have took the 20 g's and bought a used Lightning and walked all over just about anything I see.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
lightnings are sweet, but the best stock one I've seen in person is (at the track) 13.5. Which is right where guys with just a boost controller (like me) are running,. I was actually contemplating waiting for the new lightning to come out. But I'm sick of the direction svt is going in, and dodge is seriously in front right now with all it's new SRT vehicles that are in the works. Plus the current lightnings are auto's which is yuk IMO for racing, I just have a lot more fun shifting myself.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by ezsvt:
the 93 supra still goes for about 24-25k used with over 100k miles on it. You wont get nothing for 20k.

I spend ALOT of time over on Supraforums.. There are deals to be had, you just have to look for them. Heck, if I was working at the time, I would have picked up a mint 94 TT BPU w/ 82K miles for $17K.

But for arguements sake, then choose a 300ZX TT.. Can get 'em dirt cheap, they can go fast as heck, and they last forever.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I feel the same way about the Lightning not having a stick shift for normal driving but for drag I'd take the auto. It will lay you in your seat hard core just punching it. I'm seriously considering buying a 2004 Lightning. I've decided to set up my 'tour for road racing which I like the stick shift. So I'd setup the Lightning up for drag. I'm not against a auto trans in a drag car.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
The lightning has 5.4 liters of displacement though. Can you add a maf and gain 40 whp on your neon? How about a computer chip that shaves a half second off your 1/4 time? The lighting has forced induction and big displacement so, like the new cobra, mods add insane amounts of power.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard