Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
use the pull down at the upper left of that page and compare it to the focus svt, or the contour svt. I don't care how it beats them, it beats them both hands down. I know the article you speak of with the mazdaspeed and the focus. The focus and mazda both got a .87 and the srt a .86 (that doesn't really justify outhandling) . It's easy to handle when your car is slow.

I looked at the dropdown, and I did compare it to the contour, and yes it won, big surprise given the track. The contour isnt a race car, its a nice balance of power, handling, grocery getter, european styling, etc...You must have agreed at one point because you had one. I wasnt trying to start an argument with you, I like the srt-4. I personally would just have a hard time driving a riced up looking neon around, but I could almost if I made a bit of a leap just because of the value it represents.

Handling at speed is what we are looking at, and its easy to overcome weaker handling with exceptional speed and power, which is what the neon has.

In any case, I already have a fast car that I would put up against any streetable neon. You could get a stripper brand new z28 last year for just over 20k, and I noticed that the neon didnt compare too well to the 98 camaro on the track results. You can buy one of those used for about 13-14k now, with the extra 5-6k you would crucify the 20k neon in every category. And I noticed it also used the slowest times that car has tested in the 1/4 at 13.9, where as other reviews put it as low as 13.1, and some others have gotten the car into the 12s bone stock. Doesnt seem like a good comparison you say? Well neither does comparing a contour svt to a neon srt-4.

00 SVT Contour: SHM LT headers, LSD, Spec Stg 3...dyno:190.3whp sold 02/04 04 Subaru Baja Turbo 5-spd 00 Camaro SS 393cid: 510rwhp/469rwtq, 11.16 @ 124.95(hit 1-2 limiter) www.erikz.org
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Lol. Hopefully a Honda Civic doesn't back into your car while your cashing your welfare checks.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by ezsvt:

Its not going to win much besides going fast in a straight line, but that does count for a lot in a lot of people's books, including mine.

wow, you just wasted a whole post. The whole purpose for comparison was handling. And nobody argues that the focus svt doesn't handle superb. So if it handles very well and got an .87 and in the same motor trend comparison the srt-4 got a .86 what does that say about SRT handling? A minute ago you were talking about how straight line wasn't your cup of tea, what's this camaro talk all about then?

I hate the "I could buy a pinto for $20 and spend $19,980 on it and destroy a neon". No schit.

It's all good, this is not an argument, merely an internet exchange of words.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
Originally posted by warmonger:
I just have to chime in here again, its kind of dying down here.

Dodges SUCK! And the SRT-4 is a pu$$y! Come prove me wrong, I'll enjoy it.

Man, I'd love to race you warmonger. Make ya feel bad for dropping all that money.....

Dream on!

Even I'll tear you a new one!

Then if you're still feeling smart, we'll hit the curves and you can watch my tailights leaving you behind!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I love schit talk. Stazi, stick to selling brakes bro, your car is maxed and mines a clean slate. Have you even raced your car in turboed form? Can you break mid-13's? Ever heard of the autocross KING? The NEON ACR? Same technology is on my car. Taillights? What taillights?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
My car is by no means maxed. It's only the beginning.

The AutoX "KING" as you state is a stripped out Neon, on DOT tires, intake and exhaust mods and coilover suspension. AND that's only compared to other group G cars. Trust me I go to tons of AutoX's so I know what the fast Neons run. Showroom Neons are a joke and get schooled by stock Foci. You and you're open diff and skinny tires are just going to be smoking the inside tires in an AutoX, so relax killer!

My car will walk a Mustang GT, I know I did it a number of times. It even held it's own against a Corvette (dead even on the roll). I've schooled a couple of Z-28's. Just ask people who've ridden in it. It hauls ass!

Plus my passengers don't need to wind down their windows by hand!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I'm glad it hauls ass, and I like all your factually supported evidence. So your car sounds like it runs 11's by the way you act as if you hand out beat downs to Z28's and vettes.

You're getting mad for the same reason every body else does. I can beat you with my neon. [censored] the people in the back. Those power window modules weigh 20 lbs. Face it dude, my car comes complete with everything needed to beat a contour. And enough room for improvement to make it an enthusiast car.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
alright, this is just out of hand now. Theres only one way to solve this. Take it to the track. I guarantee if a Turbo Neon runs a S/c'd or Turbo 'Tour they may or may not win but all of them will be suprised at the four doors performance.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:
Originally posted by Rychie620:
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
This is not a knock of the Neon, rather praise for the SVT which is still a kick after all these years. If I were 18, I would probably love the SRT4..

i'm 17, and i thought i should chime in on this. i dont like the SRTs for these reasons -- ugly looks , 4 banger engine, and that fact that its a neon . i like my 'tour much better, and once i get my playtoy 'tour hooked up (SVT turbo'd & intercooled 3.0L , venom nitrous , custom air intakes (yes, plural ), and high flow cats & exhaust ) i dont think it will be able to touch me.

With the money you're going to waste (who are you kidding, you're a 12 year old with a big wheel, come on now!), you could buy a Supra TT, which would own your a$$ all day long. Dumbass domestic ricer. (CBM, is that you?)

Very true. Let's see 20K-Srt-Neon.....20K -MkIV TT Supra (SECKSIE!!! )and faster stock for stock.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Plus my passengers don't need to wind down their windows by hand!

Stazzi, no need to resort to low blows!

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard