Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd mention this since it's coming to your area.
http://www.autoshowinmotion.com/

I just did this over the weekend in Boston, and we had a GREAT time!!! You get a chance to really abuse some of those cars!

Including:
Z06 Corvette - 6 Speed!
Hummer H2 (Offroad course!)
But I won't ruin all the fun for you.

Check out the thread in the NE-CEG section for more reviews....
NE-CEG Thread

Oh, did I mention this is FREE!!!! And they give you lunch (again - For Free!)

This is a must! Go! You'll love it!

Post your reviews over in our forums after, I'd love to hear your impressions.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Thanks, registered for Sun. 10AM.

Looks like a Summer of manufacturer-sponsored test drives... GM this month, Mercedes and Mazda next month... anyone know of some more?

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
What's the Mercedes thing? Don't know if it's coming to the Boston area, but I'd love to check it out. Hook me up with some info.

Also, I had registered online, but when I showed up it didn't seem to matter. Seemed like you could just walk up.

Also, you can get there earlier than your registration time.

Enjoy!

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
The Mercedes deal is called the "C Spot Drive Party." I don't have the link at the moment but I'll try to find it.

Just got back from the GM event. It was OK. I'm glad I went early, because later on it started to fill up, and the problem was you could never open the cars up because there was always someone in front of you obeying the 25MPH speed limit . At that point, there wasn't really any reason to bother driving anything.

But the Z06 was cool - they gave me 3 laps. Stayed in 2nd for all 3... got up to about 6K RPM. That thing sticks like a mofo.... every time I thought I was going to get some understeer or oversteer it surprised me by just sticking, as if to say, "you didn't really think you'd hit my limit, did you?"

The H2 course was OK - the coolest part was a lateral incline that made the truck lean over about 45 degrees. Got a little scary.

Hopefully there will be more "fun" time on the Mercedes and Mazda courses...

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Man...sorry to hear about your "speed limit"

The only speed limits we saw were on the Truck courses.

We were allowed to give the driver in front of us plenty of room, and then open it up. We got the CTS up to 70 on the course, and were well over 50 with most of the luxury cars.

The luxury car area was where we really could beat on the cars.

V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by zgendron:
We were allowed to give the driver in front of us plenty of room

I tried that a few times, and the starter guy yelled at me to go every time . But I did get some good runs in for the first 2 hours or so.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
I got one of the invites to the C-spot drive party.
sounds like a good time.
but the more i read up on it, it sounds like you dont get to do the diving.
either way it should be fun.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by ElKy:
the more i read up on it, it sounds like you dont get to do the diving.

Yeah, tough to tell - sounds like the C32's will definitely be a passenger scenario. I assume the rest will be similar to the GM deal - drive around some cones. Hopefully without traffic this time though. The wet course could be interesting.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard