Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
well i guess i've been a little frustrated with how people say that contour doesnt fall in the lines with "ricey" i only wanted a little agression yet fit the lines of the contour. i see all these other kits yall are making and i just say one think to myself..."its missing something" and i know i wont be able to get what i want...so i guess i'll shutup and just look to see what is offered in the future. if we really want to bring in more people towards the contour we might want to make at least one or two kits that will please some people like me.....cause i know i'm not the only one out there. i'm sorry for being an @$$ and i'll think a little harder before i post. but i still will ask for opinions on some body kits.

99 Contour SE -Front oval mesh grille -tinted windows Future: Custom exhaust CTA intake. thats pretty much it
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
like many other's, i fail to see how calling a kit "ricey" is appealing. i think rice is what most try to avoid. some avoid it, some don't. not all aggressive kits are rice. but to most it's all about matching up the kit to the lines of the car. the contour has very curvey lines. because of this, many of the "aggressive" kits for imports have too many straight lines and sharp edges. they just don't flow right. and because it doesn't flow, you get a riced out look. now, if you can find an aggressive kit that has smooth curved lines that flow right with the rest of the car, then hey, i'm all for it. but like the over all message, it's your car, do with it as you please. but if you want what the majority doesn't then i'd say you're either up sh!t's creek, or you best be out spending a lot of money to get what you want.

01 Black Honda S2000 99 svt Tred/tan #2394 of 2760 on July 29, 1999 *SOLD*
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
But what kits would some of yall suggest that would flow right?

99 Contour SE -Front oval mesh grille -tinted windows Future: Custom exhaust CTA intake. thats pretty much it
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
It may be just me, but I think a lowered SVT with a mirko is one of the sweetest looking vehicles on the road. Sure I would like to see something along the lines of the mondeo kits coming our way, but then I pull my head out of my ass and realize that its not going to happen. Our cars have been discontinued for 3 years now, and the target market for the contour wasn't exactly the Fast and furious ricer crowd. Its a middle aged family car, not exactly the aftermarket body-kit crowd. Sure on CEG we're kinda into it, but do you realize how much of a small % CEG makes up of the 992,099 contours/mistiques that were produced. But Im not complaining, I'm more than happy with the styling of my SVT

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I think the buddy club kit goes good and the blitz body kit has potential...it just all depends

you just have to make sure its not too boxy and that everything matches...having a buddy club front with stock svt rear and sides wouldn't look good...

but I'm all for any kits...I'd love to have a civic like aftermarket...but also, calling a kit rice is gonna put negative comments into someones head before they even see the kit.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
That one wide body kit looked plenty ricey to me...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
i agree with Zetec on this one....lets at least look into some civic like styles....i know some people might not agree to it but just try it for a change...we're a small percentage of these granny cars. lets let the street racing world see what a contour can do and look like.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Disturbedpunk289:
i agree with Zetec on this one....lets at least look into some civic like styles....i know some people might not agree to it but just try it for a change...we're a small percentage of these granny cars. lets let the street racing world see what a contour can do and look like.

Well, I want nothing to do with that, but I wish you luck. You do sound like quite the entrepreneur. I say go for it. Are you going to make a kit from the ground up like Terry (of hellaRS fame)?

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
i'm not to sure...but what i meant by street racing is the styling of cars...but your not the only one that has said that

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by CarpePoon:
It may be just me, but I think a lowered SVT with a mirko is one of the sweetest looking vehicles on the road. Sure I would like to see something along the lines of the mondeo kits coming our way, but then I pull my head out of my ass and realize that its not going to happen. Our cars have been discontinued for 3 years now, and the target market for the contour wasn't exactly the Fast and furious ricer crowd. Its a middle aged family car, not exactly the aftermarket body-kit crowd. Sure on CEG we're kinda into it, but do you realize how much of a small % CEG makes up of the 992,099 contours/mistiques that were produced. But Im not complaining, I'm more than happy with the styling of my SVT

You forgot to add fender flares.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard