Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
after finally finding a garage willing to do thw work, I have the Exhaust on the car.

while driving home, i first thought something was wrong: no loud noise, no nothing. Only thing I could REALLY hear was the CTA with the bigger K&N filter.

I was kinda of disappointed. I wanted something louder.

Sunday I went to moms house to wash the car and the bike. I used to be more caring... it is june and that is the first wash of the year.

So I had to ask my girlfriend to drive my car while I was moving the bike around: What the hell !!! That thing does sound nice !!!

Now I am all HAPPY again !!

I was worried it woudn't sound nice.

It is not LOUD, but definately has a better tone. Much better than stock. No doubt.

Anything is POSSIBLE... sowing the seeds of love"
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Do you have MTX? It sounds best during low rpm engine braking.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i do. And actually you are right. I just found that out yesterday. It does sound even nicer when at very low RPMs...

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Does it still have the stock resonator?

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Yes...

And that is a long story... it seems like if I decide to change that it will cost me a lot: they kind of screwed up welding portion of the installation and now the whole thing is welded at the inlet of the resonator, meaning that upgrading it would become a problem.

It would be easier to remove it completly than putting a highflow in there.

(wow.. I never thought about that... maybe it is faith... maybe I should just bypass it... no resonator at all)

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I wouldn't have expected it to be loud anyway, being a stock exhaust and all...

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
sweet....i envy you

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
switch the stock res for a magna flow 10425 from stazi, i did, i would like to know the sound if i just ran straight pipes?? one day i may

96 gl sport, atx, rip at 95k FDNY 343 remember 9/11
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Does the exhaust have 2 pipes coming out of the back? That is what I want so badly.. how much did it cost?

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
yes it is...you can get one used from people on here for pretty cheap...check in the classifieds

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
You want loud? Try my exhaust!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:

NO kidding.

'95 GL White I've got mods.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by LoCoChick'95:

NO kidding.

You like it though!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

NO kidding.

You like it though!

except for that rattling sound

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:

NO kidding.

You like it though!

except for that rattling sound

Too much flow!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Too much flow!

that's not the sound I am hearing BTW 40 series flowmaster is only 410CFM which is the reason for the sound hint hint

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Too much flow!

that's not the sound I am hearing BTW 40 series flowmaster is only 410CFM which is the reason for the sound hint hint

Too bad your "muffler" is only a glasspack.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
ummmm no it's a muffler a Street/Race one to be exact
and sounds rather good too and has a nice HIGH flow rating too 1133CFM

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
ummmm no it's a muffler a Street/Race one to be exact
and sounds rather good too and has a nice HIGH flow rating too 1133CFM

Um no...I was going to get the one you have from my bro and it was listed as a GLASSPACK!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.stm
and look ultraflow (my muffler) listed on their mufflers page.

guess what dynomax DOESN'T MAKE GLASS PACKS

Edit one more to go till 2k posts

Last edited by ZetecRacing; 06/17/03 06:29 AM.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.stm
and look ultraflow (my muffler) listed on their mufflers page.

guess what dynomax DOESN'T MAKE GLASS PACKS

Edit one more to go till 2k posts

That is funny because in the Summit catalog it says the ultra flow has fiberglass(glass pack)in the muffler.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
That is funny because in the Summit catalog it says the ultra flow has fiberglass(glass pack)in the muffler.

*cough* *cough* look on their site... EVERY dyno max has that so do alot of the magnaflow mufflers too basicly any straight through muffler has fiberglass in it.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
was there any substantial gains???? i thought goin dual on a 4-cylie lowered the back pressure too much and was actually detremental to acceleration and the low end torque but if you say it works great, ill get one !!!! where did you attach it??? down pipe back,cat back???

Wht 98 Zetec Vct 2 12'MTX thunder 3000, logic 500W amp,8 interior speakers:2 sony mobile Es 6*9 250W,2 JVC 6*9 200W Sony 208W cd receiver,Streetglow blacklight interior trim C.A.I. transgo shift kit,
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I haven't heard yours yet, but according to my inlaws, and the kids at school i have a very loud car. To the point that they are concerdering takeing up money so i can put a quieter exusht. But thet havent so they most be getting use to it. I think thats what strait pipeing doses. Oh well i like it.

Go Army My new home for awhile.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by CrispRide:
was there any substantial gains???? i thought goin dual on a 4-cylie lowered the back pressure too much and was actually detremental to acceleration and the low end torque but if you say it works great, ill get one !!!! where did you attach it??? down pipe back,cat back???

Not with the SVT exhaust on a Zetec. I actually dynoed before & after. There was no loss. Gains were minimal (1-3 hp at most), but at least it gained something.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by D Davis:

Not with the SVT exhaust on a Zetec. I actually dynoed before & after. There was no loss. Gains were minimal (1-3 hp at most), but at least it gained something.

Of course that would be within the margin of error for the dyno. Although it could be an actual increase as well. I am sure it looks a whole lot better too.

The single pipe 2.28 inch pipe on my SVT Focus seems to be adequate for my Zetec application. I am thinking the average non-SVT zetec would need less flow.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
i have a 2.5" exhaust with dual pipes and a flowmaster 40 series muffler it sounds good. but its not loud enough for me. i dont know if id sell it though. But i need money for my altenator and i want rims.

-//Stefan//- Aim: TearGasParade
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Of course that would be within the margin of error for the dyno. Although it could be an actual increase as well. I am sure it looks a whole lot better too.

a - I always make at least 3 passes when checking for gains/losses for a mod.

b - I dyno'd on the same day - before & after

c - I always use the same dyno, in the same shop, strapped down the same way, same wideband O2, etc.

I'm not arguing that a dyno can't be wrong or that this mod is in any way a real increase in power, but if I tell you I dyno'd a gain you can take it for what it's worth. I mean - sheesh - my Zetec's only made 170+ passes - we are familiar w/ the ways of the dyno

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I am not doubting that you made the gains. Even with no changes and running back to back there is going to be some variation. When your talking 1-3 HP I don't know how much of that can not be explained by variation (although the mulitple passes does help).

Of course the dual exits do look quite nice on the Contour and I had put the SVT exhaust on my Duratec Contour.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G

No the key there is "no loss"

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
I've got the SVT exhaust without the resonator and I tell you what I sound mean. I got a compliment from a guy driving a mustang the other day just for the sound of my car. It's loud but not too loud, and it doesn't sound like a pair of fart cans.

Pacific Green 96 Mystique 17" TSW Wheels Nitto Tires Sony Xplod System (the new G5 series) SVT Exhaust minus the Resonator Eibach Lowering Springs
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

No the key there is "no loss"

YES!

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

*cough* *cough* look on their site... EVERY dyno max has that so do alot of the magnaflow mufflers too basicly any straight through muffler has fiberglass in it.

So.....GLASSPACK!

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Then why or HOW did I buy a Dynomax GLASSPACK for my old turbo Plymouth Sundance?

My Zetec died one too many times so I got a new car. 1992 Camaro RS 305 TBI with T-5 M/T, high flow cat, custom cat back exhuast. Soon to be home to a LS1 stroked to a 383 with a T-56. Hey Brad, want to race?
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by remy:
Then why or HOW did I buy a Dynomax GLASSPACK for my old turbo Plymouth Sundance?

WHY cause hector is too dence to understand that just cause there is fiber glass in it doesn't make it a glass pack. cause what he said is there is no such thing as a straight through muffler then cause ALL of them have fiberglass.

hector is the all knowing car god so guess I better start listening to him.... BTW hector you have a broken baffle in you muffler already since you didn't seem to know that already but that's what you get with a high flow setup and a restrictive muffler.

hector would you like to contact Dynomax and tell them they are NOT a muffler company that they are a glass pack company, being as you seem to know something that they don't about what makes a muffler a muffler a dn not a glass pack

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by remy:

WHY cause hector is too dence to understand that just cause there is fiber glass in it doesn't make it a glass pack. cause what he said is there is no such thing as a straight through muffler then cause ALL of them have fiberglass.

hector is the all knowing car god so guess I better start listening to him.... BTW hector you have a broken baffle in you muffler already since you didn't seem to know that already but that's what you get with a high flow setup and a restrictive muffler.

hector would you like to contact Dynomax and tell them they are NOT a muffler company that they are a glass pack company, being as you seem to know something that they don't about what makes a muffler a muffler a dn not a glass pack

I haven't broken a baffle, all- knowing Joe. It has had that rasp ever since I have had it on the car. I doubt my Zetec has enough flow to bust a baffle considering every Mustang in the US has a Flowmaster muffler.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
ummmm OK if you think so.... guess Hoalts duratec puts down enough power cause he broke baffles in 40 series flowmasters. so your saying they "ALL" have the same size and model muffler? or are you trying to say all flowmasters are the same? how about on sunday we goto exaust works by my house and we will ask them what the sound is coming from your muffler.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Ya'll should take this to IM/PM.

On another note, I really want to get a high flow res and then straight pipes with no mufflers. But I need money first.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
ummmm OK if you think so.... guess Hoalts duratec puts down enough power cause he broke baffles in 40 series flowmasters. so your saying they "ALL" have the same size and model muffler? or are you trying to say all flowmasters are the same? how about on sunday we goto exaust works by my house and we will ask them what the sound is coming from your muffler.

Okay Joe you are great! You have ALL the best stuff!

K
I have no life
I have no life
K
how come the *cough* moderator *cough* doesn't look threads in which he gets involved in a pissing match?

98.5 SVT 91 Escort GT (almost sold) 96 ATX Zetec (i brake to watch you swerve) FS: SVT rear sway bar WTB: Very cheap beater CEG Dragon Run - October 13-15
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
how come the *cough* moderator *cough* doesn't look threads in which he gets involved in a pissing match?

I'm sorry but someone likes to talk smack about other peoples mods. Oh mine flows better, my grips better.....BLAH!

K
I have no life
I have no life
K
yeah and it's a pissing match, but whatever.

98.5 SVT 91 Escort GT (almost sold) 96 ATX Zetec (i brake to watch you swerve) FS: SVT rear sway bar WTB: Very cheap beater CEG Dragon Run - October 13-15
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
I Like The Way My SVT Exhaust Sounds!

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
K
I have no life
I have no life
K
Originally posted by bk4293:

lol

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Holy bejesus, I can't believe I just posted that without a pic, I'm getting forgetful in my old age!

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Holy bejesus, I can't believe I just posted that without a pic, I'm getting forgetful in my old age!

Damn so it starts again!

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Wait Hector, let me pull out your favorite pic of my car again..

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
haha

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Hector you mad that Hoalt told you the Exact same thing I told you about your baffle?

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
we need some RECENT SVT exhaust pics...

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Already posted it, but what the Hell...

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
As Requested...

Don't worry Jerry, I have over 150 pics of my car in my fototime account. You need to see something, want to see the car from a certain angle, you just let me know buddy. If I don't have it I have my digital camera near me at all times. If you don't believe me just ask one of the Chicago CEGers.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
As Requested...

Don't worry Jerry, I have over 150 pics of my car in my fototime account. You need to see something, want to see the car from a certain angle, you just let me know buddy. If I don't have it I have my digital camera near me at all times. If you don't believe me just ask one of the Chicago CEGers.

Or one of the Huntsville CEGers....

LOL
Rich

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville
K
I have no life
I have no life
K
I want to see a picture of your car taken from a helicopter.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

Heather's is recent, right? Let's see Heather's car.

Some of you other guys have used up your car picture quota until November.

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
If it's OK with her I'll post the pics I have of her car.

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Paul Kienitz:

November, No way man, I'll start having withdrawls...Please, just let me post a few more...PLEASE!!!

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Hector you mad that Hoalt told you the Exact same thing I told you about your baffle?

No. I still think it is rasp. My car has sounded like that EVER SINCE I put on the Flowmaster.

Let's see:
Race header + low flow ricer muffler + no resonator = rasp

Race header + higher flow Flowmaster + no resonator = more rasp

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
then why did Hoalt with header and EVEN HIGHER flow muffler than you not have rasp????? and he was putting down just a little more power than you too.

face it hector the baffle is BROKEN. might of been that way out of the box but that is what it is.

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Was that the dual setup where he had the muffler in the middle? Isn't that where it should be to help prevent rasp? Sorry just asking (Man I have this aweful feeling I just stepped into the firing zone with a target printed on my Fruit Of The looms!)

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Was that the dual setup where he had the muffler in the middle? Isn't that where it should be to help prevent rasp? Sorry just asking (Man I have this aweful feeling I just stepped into the firing zone with a target printed on my Fruit Of The looms!)

yea hoalt has MY exaust that I have now.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

I have three pictures but don't know how to post them. (old dog=no new trix). I could email them to somebody.

I'm here for a good time, not a long time. '96 GL Zetec ATX (R.I.P.) '86 Mustang LX ragtop (wants to be 5.0 when it grows up) '96 Dodge Stratus '95 Mercury Sable wagon
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B

yea hoalt has MY exaust that I have now.

How does Hoalt have the exhaust that you have now? So Hoalt has the exhaust that you has now? So in htheory, you and Hoalt share the car?

Hey man, I'll host those pics. Shooting you a PM right now.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
no steve I ment Had

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SMcD:

I have three pictures but don't know how to post them. (old dog=no new trix). I could email them to somebody.

Here's the pics of SMcD's SVT setup...

Damn I love tht color on his Tour!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Thanks for hosting those Steve!

And now I realize that by having those posted, I have just "outed" myself as a POSER!

While browsing at the local junkyard recently, my 10 year old said "Hey dad, an SE is better than a GL right?" I said it was and he says "Here ya go!", quite pleased with himself that he was able to barehandedly wrestle the SE badge off a wreck.

He talked me into putting it on! Really, he did, guys! I didn't mean it! (hanging head in shame)

So has begun my life of posing. I shudder to think of what's next..VTEC stickers? NAAWWWS stickers? A big park-bench-type wing?

P.S. before anyone asks: the skirts were already gone!

I'm here for a good time, not a long time. '96 GL Zetec ATX (R.I.P.) '86 Mustang LX ragtop (wants to be 5.0 when it grows up) '96 Dodge Stratus '95 Mercury Sable wagon
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Thanks for hosting those Steve!

Hey no problem at all

P.S. before anyone asks: the skirts were already gone!

Wow, How the he11 did you know what I was thinking halfway through the story

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Nice car. Need some wheels!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

Wheels are low priority to me. Needs svt rear bumper, skirts, lip spoiler installed, and paint first! Then wheels!

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

Wheels are low priority to me. Needs svt rear bumper, skirts, lip spoiler installed, and paint first! Then wheels!

Yeah but without the wheels all that will look off.

K
I have no life
I have no life
K
and without being lowered, the wheels will look off. see how quickly you can spend money on a contour. with the added weight from wheels and a spoiler you'll also need more performance moddifications..... it just keeps going and going and going...

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
and without being lowered, the wheels will look off. see how quickly you can spend money on a contour. with the added weight from wheels and a spoiler you'll also need more performance moddifications..... it just keeps going and going and going...

Do you ever do anything but be online?

K
I have no life
I have no life
K
well i have to go to work at 2. and then i'll probably eat dinner maybe go swimming or play GT3 at friend's house. so I'll be off for a minimum of 7 hours. I hope nobody gets too lonely while I'm gone.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
well i have to go to work at 2. and then i'll probably eat dinner maybe go swimming or play GT3 at friend's house. so I'll be off for a minimum of 7 hours. I hope nobody gets too lonely while I'm gone.

Um Joe?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B

Um Joe?

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Well it looks like I will be changing my exhaust once again!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

wonder why that needs to be done

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

Not the reason you think. I was going to change it this past Saturday. Need something to do.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B

Not the reason you think. I was going to change it this past Saturday. Need something to do.

Here we go again...

I still want to cut off my muffler though and just run with the stock resonator.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

Here we go again...

I still want to cut off my muffler though and just run with the stock resonator.

What can I say....I am bored and need something to mod. Why do you think I painted my intake?

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
well you could make me a box thing to go around my intake filter like you have paint it yellow then send it to me for free. for a nice gift for my car. thats if it comes home any time soon..... oh well i have pic. to remind me of what it looks like.

Go Army My new home for awhile.
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B

Well, I hope she doesnt get mad, but here's a pic of Heathers car sitting next to Hectors in Huntsville AL.

Her car looks really sweet in person.
Not as sweet as mine, but it's nice

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Thanks for posting the pic, Steve! I just got around to this thread. Yes, your car sounds killer with the intake. That is my next mod, then straight pipes with a high flow res is after that. I am done with my car after that.

Thanks for the compliments! You know I think your car looks very good. I am hoping she will look even better with some interior mods for August.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Well, I hope she doesnt get mad, but here's a pic of Heathers car sitting next to Hectors in Huntsville AL.

Hey, she's got the CHROME! There's nothing cooler than a tour with the plastic chrome in the bumper.

It looks a lot like mine otherwise, except I have stock exhaust.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

Her car looks really sweet in person.
Not as sweet as mine, but it's nice

Look at the cute couple!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Hey hector did you get that exaust done yet
Steve what about you too

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
I got mine done today. SVT exhaust....Kinda.

Had the mufflers cut off and left the stock resonator on. Can't wait to hear what you guys think tomorrow. Hector hasn't even heard it yet.

As far as Hector, I'll let him answer your question himself.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
WHEW! My car is LOUD!!!! BUT no bees.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

what that's all your gonna say about what you got

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

what that's all your gonna say about what you got

It is something like yours...BUT it is fawking LOUD! WOOOOWOOOO I sound fast!

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Anybody got an extra SVT Exhaust lyin' around they're willing to cut and ship?

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by sigma:
Anybody got an extra SVT Exhaust lyin' around they're willing to cut and ship?

Um no.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard