Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.stm
and look ultraflow (my muffler) listed on their mufflers page.

guess what dynomax DOESN'T MAKE GLASS PACKS

Edit one more to go till 2k posts

That is funny because in the Summit catalog it says the ultra flow has fiberglass(glass pack)in the muffler.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:
That is funny because in the Summit catalog it says the ultra flow has fiberglass(glass pack)in the muffler.

*cough* *cough* look on their site... EVERY dyno max has that so do alot of the magnaflow mufflers too basicly any straight through muffler has fiberglass in it.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
was there any substantial gains???? i thought goin dual on a 4-cylie lowered the back pressure too much and was actually detremental to acceleration and the low end torque but if you say it works great, ill get one !!!! where did you attach it??? down pipe back,cat back???

Wht 98 Zetec Vct 2 12'MTX thunder 3000, logic 500W amp,8 interior speakers:2 sony mobile Es 6*9 250W,2 JVC 6*9 200W Sony 208W cd receiver,Streetglow blacklight interior trim C.A.I. transgo shift kit,
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I haven't heard yours yet, but according to my inlaws, and the kids at school i have a very loud car. To the point that they are concerdering takeing up money so i can put a quieter exusht. But thet havent so they most be getting use to it. I think thats what strait pipeing doses. Oh well i like it.

Go Army My new home for awhile.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by CrispRide:
was there any substantial gains???? i thought goin dual on a 4-cylie lowered the back pressure too much and was actually detremental to acceleration and the low end torque but if you say it works great, ill get one !!!! where did you attach it??? down pipe back,cat back???

Not with the SVT exhaust on a Zetec. I actually dynoed before & after. There was no loss. Gains were minimal (1-3 hp at most), but at least it gained something.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by D Davis:

Not with the SVT exhaust on a Zetec. I actually dynoed before & after. There was no loss. Gains were minimal (1-3 hp at most), but at least it gained something.

Of course that would be within the margin of error for the dyno. Although it could be an actual increase as well. I am sure it looks a whole lot better too.

The single pipe 2.28 inch pipe on my SVT Focus seems to be adequate for my Zetec application. I am thinking the average non-SVT zetec would need less flow.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
i have a 2.5" exhaust with dual pipes and a flowmaster 40 series muffler it sounds good. but its not loud enough for me. i dont know if id sell it though. But i need money for my altenator and i want rims.

-//Stefan//- Aim: TearGasParade
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Of course that would be within the margin of error for the dyno. Although it could be an actual increase as well. I am sure it looks a whole lot better too.

a - I always make at least 3 passes when checking for gains/losses for a mod.

b - I dyno'd on the same day - before & after

c - I always use the same dyno, in the same shop, strapped down the same way, same wideband O2, etc.

I'm not arguing that a dyno can't be wrong or that this mod is in any way a real increase in power, but if I tell you I dyno'd a gain you can take it for what it's worth. I mean - sheesh - my Zetec's only made 170+ passes - we are familiar w/ the ways of the dyno

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I am not doubting that you made the gains. Even with no changes and running back to back there is going to be some variation. When your talking 1-3 HP I don't know how much of that can not be explained by variation (although the mulitple passes does help).

Of course the dual exits do look quite nice on the Contour and I had put the SVT exhaust on my Duratec Contour.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by D Davis:

No the key there is "no loss"

'95 GL White I've got mods.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard