Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#662947 07/01/03 04:43 AM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
who cares...take it to them anyway...check to be sure u have other cracked wiring...the fan shroud is the best place to look...the fuse and wiring are right on top if im not mistaken...just search around and find some other cracked wiring and take your car in b4 u hit 100k miles...

i didn't get mine done because i let two mis-dealers bs me about what was covered....somewhere on this site i found a packet concerning the recall that has diagrams for each engine and where to look and what wiring is covered...it is a ford info pkg

by the time i found it and went thru it i was over the limit...its not really a recall in that i dont think ford absolutely has to replace it...its such a pita as previously mentioned so if they can get out of it they will sure as hell try...

not even a recall notice was sent to me concerning the repair, but they sent one for the piece of cake to replace fan fuse or some [censored]...

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
#662948 07/01/03 01:42 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by NateCox:
(2003 Taurus fully loaded except CD player, figure that out... )

Oops, I was wrong it's in the center armrest.
Folks I got to tell you I like this loaner. Leather, Power everything, sun/moon roof. Automatic climate control, traction control, 6 disk CD changer, MACH stereo system.... it puts my Contour to shame. Let them keep it in the shop for as long as it takes

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
#662949 07/01/03 01:55 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Yeah, but does it have a DMD & a metal impeller in the water pump?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#662950 07/01/03 03:57 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Hopefully the water pump has been improved and it doesn't seem to need a DMD. I've read both sides of that argument and I'm not sure I'd put one on my Tour.

#662951 07/09/03 08:07 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Okay, since Ford has given me a loaner fully loaded Taurus SEL I'm not going to get upset, but they've had the car for over 2 weeks fixing the wiring harnesses. I called again today and was told the car is done, but at 5000 RPM it stutters and bucks. They think it might be a MAF sensor problem, but I'm not sure of that. They took off the UIM to get to the fuel injector wiring connections and I'm wondering if something got messed up there.
Eventually I'm going to want my car back, I'm not in a hurry I LOVE the Taurus but still, it's my beloved Contour and I hope she comes back in one piece.
Thank God I'm not paying for any of this!!!!

#662952 07/09/03 08:57 PM
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Read my new post in General under "Another Dealership Rip-off".
I took mine in on Monday (July 7) for the wiring harness recall. They said I wasn't eligible because everything looked good.
I asked the service manager why and what they did to inspect the wires. He hedged and hawed and was real vague about the procedure. I doubt if they even opened the hood.
The car dies abruptly without warning every now and then, which leaves me to beleive it is an electrical problem related to the harnesses.
I am not too happy about it.

Dan B. 96 SE 2.5 auto
#662953 07/10/03 05:12 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Well, it's being fixed. I told them when I came in about the extended warranty info. The service guy came out and looked then took the car in. If they try to charge me for anything, then we'll have problems. But so far, I've not paid a dime, and the dealership hasn't mentioned anything about charging me.
Right now I'm just curious as to what's keeping it in the shop so long.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard