Next Thread
Print Thread
#657947 06/09/03 02:53 AM
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
every lets say, 3rd day i hear what sounds like a bad pully....however if i shut my car off and restart it goes away...i do need to replace my serpintine belt but im pretty sure this sounds like a whining bearing..im not sure if this would relate to my other post "seemingly less power"

any ideas or pullies that are prone to failure. if not i think im gonna check them next weekend and replace the belt.
thanks,
john

Works on contingency, no money down.....oh wait let me change a few things....Works on Contingency? NO, Money Down!!!! 98 Se in the works.... Looking for, 18'rs-6 or RS-5's SVT rear FOUND!!! SVT front (thanks SVTCuervo)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Get a mechanic's stethoscope. AutoZone - $10.

Saves all the silly guessing by actually helping you to diagnose the source of sounds.

Once of these days I need to replace the rear-most idle pully, mine is starting to squeal.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard