Print Thread
#657939 06/09/03 02:50 AM
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
hello,
well im not sure if it just that i am getting used to the car or what. but it feels like the car has no power...if i step on it from low rpm it bogs and makes lots of unhappy noise (mostly a low growling boggy noise) and barely goes fast. if i accelerate slower it goes ok...by o means if it not going quick but it does feel almost sluggish.

also i noticed that my first gear runs out really fast and im hardly going anywhere....i mean im switching at 4500rpm and im only going about 15-20km/hr im assuming this is normal but i cant be sure.

I raced my friends 2000 mazda protege (stock 5 speed on a track) only has 4 cyl and he beat me. we both know how to drive but im tellin ya this car feels slow.

any ideas would really help..
thanks,
john

Works on contingency, no money down.....oh wait let me change a few things....Works on Contingency? NO, Money Down!!!! 98 Se in the works.... Looking for, 18'rs-6 or RS-5's SVT rear FOUND!!! SVT front (thanks SVTCuervo)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Quote:

also i noticed that my first gear runs out really fast and im hardly going anywhere....i mean im switching at 4500rpm and im only going about 15-20km/hr im assuming this is normal but i cant be sure.

This sounds like the tranny is slipping (if ATX). Clutch if MTX.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
on a side note...it is a mtx and when switching from 1st to 2nd and sometimes 2nd to 3rd it is quite jerky....i mean ittl either almost stall or ittl throw you back in your seat...not smooth at all ...it feels like i am still learning how to drive stick with it.....which i am not.i had a friend drive me home and he noticed the same thing. just a thought...

Works on contingency, no money down.....oh wait let me change a few things....Works on Contingency? NO, Money Down!!!! 98 Se in the works.... Looking for, 18'rs-6 or RS-5's SVT rear FOUND!!! SVT front (thanks SVTCuervo)
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
any more ideas?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'm thinkin' cats are clogged, or the secondaries are stuck open.

Any more ideas?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by Tiger561:
or the secondaries are stuck open.

Any more ideas?

this may be on the right track...when i first got the car about 5 months ago, when you hit the gas at about 3500 it would really punch you in the face, now if at best it is hardly noticable. is there an easy way to check the proper operation of teh secondaries without taking apart the intake?

thanks, john

C
C
Sounds like the exact problem I had 2 weeks ago.

Check the cats. Mine were plugged so solid that I split both of my pre-cats like melons!!

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
How to judge if the cat. is plugged?

my tour is experiencing the same symptom.

I brought it to the dealer, but they would
only offer a chemical check using some machine.

I'm afraid they won't mechanically check
if the main or pre-cat. are plugged.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard