Print Thread
#657142 06/08/03 12:14 AM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
New exhaust is finally in!!!

Removed the cat, put in the Dynomax Ultraflo Mid muffler with 2 Magnaflow rears all stainless, and dual 4" oval tips. 4.5hrs later and about $750 all said and done, mind you I got the mufflers for cost. It rocks! No rasp, loud only on acceleration, otherwise perfect quiet hum..

Then we put my factory exhaust on my buddies Mystique 4cyl auto.. lol fit like factory, added a hanger and some pipe and that was it, $75 later SVT exhaust on a 4banger, I know its so wrong.. even have pics too.

Anyways.. anyone need exhaust stuff done. Goto Park Muffler in Sherwood Park and talk to Rick or goto Action Muffler on 118ave and 82nd and talk to Sonny. They both are very picky and dont ask for your first born when it comes to cost.

Borla exhaust, Custom intake, KVR Cross drilled rotors, Mil Eliminators, Diablo chip, OMP Strut bar, Urethane motor mount insert, Full rear urethane suspension inserts.
#657143 06/08/03 02:00 AM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
I have a nice exhaust for a Contour... in my closet

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
#657144 06/08/03 02:43 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Man I dont know about you dude, but 750 is kinda steep!! I got mine done like almost 3 years ago and it was only 6 bills. I got everything pulled and 2.5 piping all the way to duals in the rear with a blue bottle and 2 magnaflows with 4 inch tips too. Did you get true duals done?

1997 T-Red Contour V-6 MTX It HaS BeGuN!!!!!!!!!!!
#657145 06/08/03 03:48 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
750 is steep....

i paid around the same for 2" true duals.... another park muffler raping. i sure hope you watched them work on your car....

-Rant hat on-

ive had a few surprises from them... they will be your best friend till you prove they are incompetant..

first time.. they left one tip out way furher then the other, plus with the pipes hitting agaisnt the heat shields, gas tank and exhaust cutouts... tried to fix it buy cutting part of my tow hooks off with a torch (piss poor job i may add - you guys should see it some time...) never did get rid of all the rattles until me and a friends bent sh!t around as much as we could and opened up the cutouts more.

second time... not too bad.. only 6 hours to do 2 hours work and $600 what a joke. a good exhaust shop will use a saw to cuts your piping off. park will just torch it leaving nasty crooked cuts, then throw piping over top of it leaving big edges causing disruptions in the flow.

third time (true dual gutted cat setup)... really sh!tty bends, pipes do not match, tips uneven (again), more rasp then a broken down cummins, typical Park special rattle package (costs extra for this Park signature sound), and 2 demolished o2 sensors.

... getting your exhaust done by park muffler (or affiliates) PRICELESS..

priceless as you will have to go to other places to have them fix up the work leaving you with no money.. Park is famous by other exhaust shops as "cheap" and "you get what you pay for". btw the owner owns alot of shops here.. all with highschool mechanic wannabe's paid under average wages.. then again how much would you pay a mechanic who is not ase certified, or who has never taken a course...

now i know every shop will have its screw up but park did this to me. scraped up my friends talon right after it got painted viper blue ("it must have been there before" - well I dont know how we could have scaped up the bumper driving it out of the paint shop to Park Muffler...), same thing that happened to me happened to a friend of my friend (who has that talon).

-Rant hat off-

i wouldnt be nearly as p!ssed if they stood behind their work and fixed it for me right. even if it took 3 tries (which it ussually did).

i kick myself at least once a week for going back there after they facked up the first time... i am a very forgiving person. but park pushed me over the edge 1 time too many. i think if i walked back in there they would just call the police. now i outright tell them what they do wrong and how incompetant they are. plus i will never let them work on my car again. they have me so uptight about people working on my car that i have to watch them work on it.. Park was pretty close to costing me an engine. if i wasnt on the ball in making sure the car was running ok (and refused to drive it till it was) I would have been out alot, and my lawyer would make sure park is out about the same + lawyer fees.

2005 Focus ST
#657146 06/09/03 01:50 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Dude how the hell did they almost cost you an engine?
I really need to get my duals redone cuz of my cats. Man there so bad right now. I get a check engine light as soon as I reset that bad boy. Need to fix the tranny first before anything. Then i'll get my exhaust done. But till that time i'm just going to try and find a place that does a really good job on exhaust! What do you think? I know i've asked you many times. But isn't there anyone else out there with some info? I'm thinking of changing my mufflers too. Cuz my tips are rusted to sh!t, but not to sure might just change them to a smaller size. I really want some like a 3.5 or even 3. They are too freaking big right now! I look like a d@mn ricer!!!! But yeah I should shut up right now.
Oh yeah advocate my system is pretty much done going to get that stuff tuned this week! We should meet this week or something.

1997 T-Red Contour V-6 MTX It HaS BeGuN!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard