Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
That's no different, really to the stock SVT Airbox setup (probably worse actually). Mind you, I don't think they make that filter in a 3.5" opening as required to match an SVT MAF.

Nonetheless I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft barge pole, even if they did.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
TRUE i dont think they are big enough for a v6 but they work wonders on 4 bangers and the heat shield does a huge difference. I loved my ractive heat sheild and im gonna go get one.I sold it with my old car cuz it matched the engine which was really clean and mean looking. btw u should get some aluminum 3'dryer hose for the cold air pick up

Wht 98 Zetec Vct 2 12'MTX thunder 3000, logic 500W amp,8 interior speakers:2 sony mobile Es 6*9 250W,2 JVC 6*9 200W Sony 208W cd receiver,Streetglow blacklight interior trim C.A.I. transgo shift kit,
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I don;t know if its the pic or my eyes, but that filter looks really small......Personaly i like my Big 3530 K&N and my d-tech heat sheild....works great. That thing looks so restrictive becasue the air is comming in form one point, insteat of all around like an open eliment filter.

I must agree, for zetecs witht the smaller throttle body, this must help..but for duratecs, my belief is that it is the same as stock...until i can test it i won;t know for sure.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
I don;t know if its the pic or my eyes, but that filter looks really small......Personaly i like my Big 3530 K&N and my d-tech heat sheild....works great. That thing looks so restrictive becasue the air is comming in form one point, insteat of all around like an open eliment filter.

I must agree, for zetecs witht the smaller throttle body, this must help..but for duratecs, my belief is that it is the same as stock...until i can test it i won;t know for sure.

Roz

Well, it may be better than the stock non-SVT panel filter, and it does bypass the convoluted stock drinking-straw intake path prior to the airbox, so maybe there is some real improvement? Does look small, though.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Simply put.

Ractive Sucks! I don't by it for a second...

Tiny, restrictive, metal, that list of negatives goes on and on...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I was expecting small. But that is a tiny little booger!

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
It doesn't look like heat shield, but it does look like a small enclosed filter that can only draw air thru an intake hose. If you were running an open element, I think you just bought a downgrade.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
it is really small, I doubt it can flow enough for a duratec, not sure about the zetec guys.

2001 Mustang Bullitt Dark Highland Green #0048 Performance by Ford Racing, Bassani, SLP, H&R and etc. Former owner of a 99 Silver Frost SVT GetOnItRACING
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Man, whats with the swimming pool blue upper intake?

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Jason43:
Man, whats with the swimming pool blue upper intake?

The manifold looks much darker in person. The pic sorta changed the color. Anyway, regarding the filter: Bag all ya want, this thing simply rocks. I agree it looks like a pencil eraser in that engine bay, but I'm telling you, there is no lack of air coming through this pup. Remember, this filter was originally intended for the glass case in my showroom. I put it on simply for comparison's sake. Now it's staying. In the words of RogerB, "Function before fashion".

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard