Originally posted by bamf2go:
I think the reason for going aftermarket as opposed to oem svt clutch is because of the bite issue, I have no experience with another clutch outside of oem ones...but everyone says the aftermarket clutches like spec and centerforce don't slip anywhere near as much as the stock clutch. Whether or not a person minds about a chattering noise is up to them, no one person can decide if it matters to everyone or not, it's one of those preference/priority things. I have no doubt that the svt oem clutch can handle ass-loads of power, but if it slips, doesn't bite as well, or doesn't take to quick shifting like an aftermarket unit but costs about the same or $100 less, than why not go aftermarket?

Thats my point in a way. My OEM clutch did bite just fine! It slips when you let the clutch out slow, but it never slipped when I just popped the clutch. It would burn the f*ck out of the tires on my 3L if I popped it to quick, but never slipped unless that was my goal by letting out on the clutch slowly.
You are right about the chattering noise being a persons preference, but I can say this spec stage 3 clutch feels more 'jerky' than the svt clutch. If I didn't think that my expected 300 ft-lbs of torque would burn up the oem clutch after enough drag runs, I'd still be running it.

The way I feel about this post is "you can lead a horse to water..."
And thats based off the fact that people have already made the same mistakes many on this board are about to make.

Oh well, I'm done. It's not my money.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black