Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#649714 05/30/03 06:51 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Went and got my oil changed and my fluids topped off. i paid 20 bucks in Holyoke. so after they are done i drive to work, when i pull up2 a stoplight or stop sign i saw SMOKE coming from the right front area. im like WTF?!?!?! so i got to work and looked at my car, my right front wheel(on the rim) was SOAKED in oil. im talkin completly saturated and soaked, u can see a puddle and [censored]. so today i brought it back complaining. they put it on the lift and looked for like 15 min and said he could not find a leak. im like well it wasnt like that b4 and i want this [censored] fixed. he cleaned it off and said if u see more leakage come back....ok. also when he put it up on the lift i noticed tanny fluid drops hangin from the bottom of the engine!!! WTF!!!! im soo pissed, i dunno wtf to do now. i soo hope the oil isnt leakin. he said it was probably excess oil that puddled somehweres and is leakin from that puddle. well its freakin going down the thing that my wheels is connected to and collecting on my freakin wheel. so i hope its what he said it was and [censored], but i still have a freakin leak in my tranny. god damnit!

'99 ČoňtôúŔ SE Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q Sub AudioBahn 1300HCQ Amp Blue LED Switches and HVAC
#649715 05/30/03 07:04 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
did you/they even check the oil levels?
if its lower, then its truly leaking, if not, then the guy probably just missed the entrance for the oil - assuming they use one of those oil hoses...

anyway - keep an eye and ear out.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
#649716 05/31/03 02:26 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
People say it's not worth the hassle to change your own oil, but you never know what's going to happen when you drive out of those quickee-lube places. I used to change my own, then I had it done a few times, and each time I had it done, something got screwed up. So now it's back to getting a little dirty.

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
#649717 05/31/03 05:58 AM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
they may have topped off the transmission fluid and overfilled because they did not have the transmission in the proper configuration when they checked and added oil.

All automatic transmission require the engine to be running and the transmission warmed up, at least 10 miles of driving does the trick.

But.... the important thing is what gear its in. Each transmission is different, some have their oil checked with the tranny in neutral, others in drive and still others in park.

If they did it wrong then they could have added a quart or more of excess oil. What you see as a leak may not be a leak at all but just the excess oil comming out the overflow.

Read your owner's manual on checking automatic transmission fluid and it will tell you what gear to be in. Check it yourself and see, if its overfilled then you know whats up. If not, just check it often and make sure it doesn't get too low. If after a few days it doesn't get any better and the oil level is still ok then you have a legitimate problem.

Oh, yeah, your car is automatic, right?

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
#649718 05/31/03 12:39 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Geez, where did you go in Holyoke??? I think they just did sloppy work and splashed it out everywhere, but that's just my opinion.

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)
#649719 06/02/03 07:28 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
yea ive been checking the oil and it appears to be ok, but i still notice little drips or something after i move my car from the parking spot. i gotta figure out what the hell the deal is. i dont think its as bad as it was at first. but i will be able to tell tomorrow...ifi t is im gonna bring it back and make em fix da shi0t.

wontgrowup, i got it changed at Garvelinski's Garage.

'99 ČoňtôúŔ SE Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q Sub AudioBahn 1300HCQ Amp Blue LED Switches and HVAC
#649720 06/02/03 12:29 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Try putting a piece of cardboard under your car for a night, and see what drips are there in the morning. This will give you an idea of how bad it is.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#649721 06/02/03 04:50 PM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by MassContour:
People say it's not worth the hassle to change your own oil, but you never know what's going to happen when you drive out of those quickee-lube places. I used to change my own, then I had it done a few times, and each time I had it done, something got screwed up. So now it's back to getting a little dirty.

EXACTLY.

Mike 98 Silver CSVT Prod. # 6291 Built. 6.3.98
#649722 06/02/03 08:36 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I checked the oil level and it seems to not be low....but as far as the tranny fluid goes i dont know, i drove my car for a bit then checked but i barely saw anything on the stick. im guessing(hopeing) i didnt drive long enough...ill drive it around and check again....i hope its not low.. im definately still eaking something, im gona put a piece of cardboard under it to see what exactly and how much is dripping. PITA! thanks for the help guys.

#649723 06/03/03 02:06 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Dankbud,
Not sure if this is your problem but it may be something to check out. A while back when changing my oil on my previous vehicle (94 Ford Ranger), I removed the oil filter and didn't notice that the rubber gasket from the old filter had actually stuck to the surface where I had removed it. After installing the new filter and adding the oil I proceeded to start the engine. Well sure enough the oil started shooting out from the oil filter due to the fact that there were two gaskets. I certainly won't make that mistake again! I'm sure this isn't your problem (as you would have absolutely NO oil left in your engine by now), but you may have something wrong with the gasket of your new filter (tear or defect of some sort) if you're seeing a leak from the passenger side wheel area (that's where the filter is located on the Zetec). Anyway, I sent you a PM too!
J.

1997 Contour Sport ATX Zetec/2.0 liter 1998 Contour SE ATX Duratec/2.5 liter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard