Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
sfox48 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I need to replace the wiring harness on my 95 SE- 2.5 mtx, no ABS. I missed the boat on the recall by a bit more than 4K(bummer!) I'm considering replacing it myself. I'm sure I'm capable- I'm an ASE Truck Master Tech-But I know it'll be no small job at home using simple ramps & drop lights.
Any advice from those who have done this one themselves or bitten the bullet and paid a trusted dealer to install?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I just managed to luck out on my mileage and got mine done on the recall. I believe there were 2 or 3 different harnesses replaced. It looks like a lot of disassembly of basic stuff was needed to get the harness in. If you want any info from the service ticket, PM me and I'll find my copy to get you the details.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I am a Ford Tech and i had to replace my engine harness on my 98 2.5 atx sport. non-abs. If i remember most everything is on top, only things on bottom were the alternator the vehicle speed sensor, the O2 sensor plugs. remove the power steering res., airbox and tube, batt. and tray,and coilpack to get to everthing if you decide. or pm me if you need help.

1998 Contour V6 se ATX Black Bassanni w/o resinators, modified intake box, DMD New headlights w/ silverstar 9005's, blue neons inside, metal waterpump, pioneer head, pioneer 5x7 3 ways,2 10" subs, 800w amp, 17x7.5 motegi mr12 p215/45/17
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by sfox48:
I need to replace the wiring harness on my 95 SE- 2.5 mtx, no ABS. I missed the boat on the recall by a bit more than 4K(bummer!) I'm considering replacing it myself. I'm sure I'm capable- I'm an ASE Truck Master Tech-But I know it'll be no small job at home using simple ramps & drop lights.
Any advice from those who have done this one themselves or bitten the bullet and paid a trusted dealer to install?

How many miles did u miss by?> if u don't mind me asking. I also have a 95 se but with 78k on it

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard