Page 1 of 2 1 2
#646846 05/27/03 07:24 PM
J
Jediboy Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
I have tried to look up the word but I give up. I have seen this mentioned many places but noone will explain the meaning of the word. RECONTENT DECONTENT!?!? Someone please throw me a frikin' bone!

1995 Contour LX (ATX) KKM True Rev Sport Induction ( Video ) Alpine CDA-7894 / JBL 1200W AMP 12" MTX Subs 5x7 Alpine Mids Brullen mandrel bent quasi-dual exaust
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Ford removed features from the cars to reduce cost (Decontenting: For instance light in glove box. Newer contours 99 on..no light, older contours: light)

Recontenting is putting back in a newer vehicle the items Ford pulled out to cheapen the car.

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Decontent: when a manufacturer removes certain features in a car.

Recontent: when a car owner (or manufacturer sometimes) puts in what the manufacturer has removed.

The best example of this in our cars is in the '98 model year when Ford took out (decontented) the dash clock and replaced it with a plastic bezel that said "Contour" on it. Someone wrote a howto to put the clock in the '98E1 and newer 'tours (recontent).

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Here are a couple of links that describe the decontenting that took place from 1995-2000:

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=models
http://www.contour.org/php/displaypics.php?dir=/FAQ/img/decont

Additionally, the front bumper braces were decontented in 1999 SVT

Regards, Art

2004 Velocity Red RX-8 *Racing Beat Intake and Exhaust *Grand Touring Package *Red/Black Leather *Fender Strakes *Rotary Accents *Xenon HID's *Bose
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Art Hazebrook:

I added those in the first month I owned the car. Along with strengthening the center brace.

I can't believe Ford intentionally left off those braces.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Hey, I've got these now!

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
The thing that bugs me is that Ford didn't put fold down rear seats in 99. I ordered my car from the dealer and they said I couldn't get them.

Former owner: 1999 Contour SE Sport Current: 2000 Eclipse GT There are three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way! Isn't that just the wrong way? Yeah, but faster!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by maxx_power76:
The thing that bugs me is that Ford didn't put fold down rear seats in 99. I ordered my car from the dealer and they said I couldn't get them.

Can't be right, my 99 has fold down seats.

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Contouraholic:
Originally posted by maxx_power76:

Can't be right, my 99 has fold down seats.

I don't know. My father-in-law was the leasing manager at the dealer and thats who we bought it from. But we ordered it in Dec 98 so it was a "99". Maybe the put them back in late 99.

Former owner: 1999 Contour SE Sport Current: 2000 Eclipse GT There are three ways to do things: the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way! Isn't that just the wrong way? Yeah, but faster!
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Art Hazebrook:

I added those in the first month I owned the car. Along with strengthening the center brace.

Ditto!!

2004 Velocity Red RX-8 *Racing Beat Intake and Exhaust *Grand Touring Package *Red/Black Leather *Fender Strakes *Rotary Accents *Xenon HID's *Bose
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard