Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
I am getting so use to the look of a Tour on jacks in our driveway/garage. Half of CO-CEG live in the same house!!

J/K Although sometimes it seems like it...

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Oh man! Thats sweet, I HAVE to come by and see this. Don't let Chad near it before I get there though.

Alex, I KNOW you want to help me do the same thing to my car right?? I still don't have a sway bar period! BTW, do you still have your original 19mm laying around? I need to come by and pick that up if you do.

B

X
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
X
What is needed to insure that the subframe goes back in properly aligned? I seem to remember reading about a tool to do this, but that might have been for the front subframe.

Matt 2000 SVT Toreador #1210 of 2150
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I believe you are correct, I know there is a special tool from Ford that is required(?) to properly align the front subframe. But I haven't seen anything that suggested such for the rear frame.

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
OK, I have never met any of you guys and here we all need to do suspension work (I just ordered two rear hubs). We should have The First Annual CO-CEG Suspension Fix-A-Thon! As far as I can tell, There are at least three of us in Aurora. Heck we could have a CO group by for a Contique parts car and plunder the poor lil' SOB! There again, why IS it so hard to find these cars in a junkyard? I called just about every yard I could find and all of them either said plain NO or Too New! Any how, I would really like to meet all of you Coloradons.

'99 SE Sport, Duratec ATX(I'm lazy) No mods, still love it! I have speed mud!
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Same tool is used for the front and rear subframes. We have the tool.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by jocatz:
OK, I have never met any of you guys and here we all need to do suspension work (I just ordered two rear hubs). We should have The First Annual CO-CEG Suspension Fix-A-Thon! As far as I can tell, There are at least three of us in Aurora. Heck we could have a CO group by for a Contique parts car and plunder the poor lil' SOB! There again, why IS it so hard to find these cars in a junkyard? I called just about every yard I could find and all of them either said plain NO or Too New! Any how, I would really like to meet all of you Coloradons.

Well once school starts again I will be back in Boulder for some time. I love working on cars, so if this get together happens in, lets say late august or later, I would be down. Or if anyone ever wants to get together for some other reason drop me a line.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Stadium Auto Parts...

Contours galore...many pre98s and several post 98s...even an SVT on occasion.

Most pre98 chassis stuff fits on the later cars it seems. The thing to check on your car is for ABS and Disc brakes...I mean, make sure the car you're pulling suspension parts from is the same as your car. Does any of that make sense?

Anyway, I've gotten several different parts from this place, even Alex can atest to that. Somewhere about 20+ different parts from them, cool place. OTH.

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I've called there on more than one occasion and they just tell me NO! I guess searching a junkyard over the phone is like trying to find a job over the phone!

'99 SE Sport, Duratec ATX(I'm lazy) No mods, still love it! I have speed mud!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Yeah, they certainly aren't the nicest bunch of guys but there are a couple that are pretty helpful. Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard