Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
My understanding is that this is a show of hands of who would be interested. Thus far we don't know much of anything about the system as far as sizing, mufflers, res or anything of that nature, so no one knows how it will sound going down the road yet. Just a show of hands for now and then more will come later, as stated in the first post.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
i already raised my hand...

Black 98.5 SVT "Kellie" First rule of italian driving: What is behind you, DOESN'T matter
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
i have a 2' true dual set up. gutted precats and no main cat. with 2 resonators and 2 mufflers (all straight through) its not that loud. drone is not an issue for me even. much better then my 2.25 quasi dual with precats and 2 mufflers only.

sound on the highway is not bad, cant hear it too much with the stereo going on an average level.

2005 Focus ST
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
so the 2 inch is the way to go then.. would 2.25 true dual be too much and cause you to actually lose power?

Black 98.5 SVT "Kellie" First rule of italian driving: What is behind you, DOESN'T matter
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
Hand raised, but I need more details. See above.

Mark

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
what about your system mark?

T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
hey guys,
here's some more information on the system. we've pretty much already got an idea of what the system will be, we were just interested in your ideas also.

- most likly it will be 2 inch, we can easily make a 1.75 inch system also. I highly doubt it will be 2.25 inch, for many of the reasons already listed. regardless of size, there is no price difference. as with all our cougar/contour kits, we never charge more for a size (except 3 inch).

- we will offer the kit in aluminized and SS.

- muffler options will probably be flowmaster, borla, and magnaflow. (our 3 normal muffler options).

- the tips... i have no idea, we probably wont know about the tips till the last second. most likly there will be several options, or an option to buy a kit without tips. (the tips are not a big concern at this point, HEHE).

- using cats... this is also not confirmed. i know this part of the kit is a big concern, but we still have yet to determine what and how they will be used. i do know, we will have a kit available without cat(s) and one kit that will have cat(s). our design phase will lead us to a more concrete answer <---in roughly 2-3 weeks.

- price... if you look at our website under the t-bird kits, these kit will be roughly the same price. this group buy price WILL BE LOWER. we will not have an exact price for about 2-3 weeks, once we figure out more how the kit will be made. please keep in mind when you view the prices, this kit involves alot of tubing, bends, etc. it also involves an x-pipe, as well as two mufflers. <--- i'm just trying to avoid the response "holy cow that kit is expensive" LOL.

- one last thing. it will work with stock or MSDS headers. it will not work with a turbo, i suggest the 3 inch single kit for the turbo. it will bolt in factory location also. the sound is estimated to be rather low, although we are not 100% sure. but we will have the 3 muffler options to help.

have a great day.
for now, the more hands we see, the more at ease we are with making the kit. in 2-3 weeks, we'll start deposits, as well as have much more concrete info about the kit. (desposit will be something like $100.00 <--- less if alot of people commit)

have a great day
josh
TruBendz Tech.

JOSH TruBendz Technology trubendz@aol.com http://www.trubendz.com
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
sounds good josh, keep us posted and as long as everyone stops trying to dictate to you how to run your business and group buy maybe we will get somewhere pretty fast.......

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Cool, thanks for the info. Would there be any chance of getting one without the mufflers/tips if we want to get a differnt company than the 3 mentioned? maybe as an option in addition to the 3 brands of mufflers offered?

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Figured someone will eventually ask it, so I might as well. I assume the X-pipe will be placed correctly since there has been lots of talk about that on this site. No X is better than a badly placed one.

Also is there any chance that you will get some sound clips with the different types of mufflers during the design phase for our ears enjoyment and to help us pick our mufflers. I'm leaning towards magnaflows personally so that's what I'd like to hear, though it would be nice to compare the borla's to them.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard