Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
OP Offline
Z
OK.. So I've been having problems with my '99 SVT. Problem is that it seems as though the second stage of TB is not opening. Had this happen before when by accident filled her up with Plus not Premium. Went away after a good tank of premium. But I have not done that since and several thousand miles have passed and now this is happening again. Please advise.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'm not sure what you mean by 'dual stage TB' but I thing your referrring to the secondary ports on the lower intake manifold. These typically open up around 3800RPM or so and can be checked by operating the throttle (on the TB ) by hand and observing the linkage as the engine revs climb above 3800. The IMRC module is a common problem component but it could be stuck linkage due to a gunked up LIM. The IMRC is located under the plastic cover on the front of the engine. (Covering the valve cover.) Follow the cable to the LIM and secondary linkage...

Check this link out.

EDIT: Welcome to CEG! If you don't get a ton of advise on this here, try searching for 'secondary' or 'IMRC' in this or the duratec performance forum.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard