Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#640572 07/16/03 01:27 PM
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Another update.
I stopped at the garage to look at my Tour, since she is missed so much.
They had the old tranny out, and the rebuilt one installed. They were working on putting it all back together, but it was getting to late at night for them to continue. I hope they can piece it back together tonight. I can't wait. That'll be a load off of my shoulders. I will also have to pay them more money since they installed another tranny. They aren't making any money off the deal either.

My only worry is that if they put it back together, and the same symptoms occur. That would not be good.

I will let you know when all is good on my Tour again.
Cross your fingers for me!

1995 Contour LX 238,000 miles
#640573 07/20/03 04:43 PM
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Well, still no luck with the Tour. He was able to install the new tranny and then ran into more problems. He said it went into reverse, forward, then died. Now we have the wiring harness issue. I found a junkyard that has 2 Tours with the same engine, but they have been there since the middle of last month, but 1 more is coming on tomarrow. So, I'll have to go pull some parts off of it (maybe even a new cupholder).

#640574 07/20/03 07:57 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I am so sorry. You & your mechanics have had a terrible time with that 'Tour. I just cannot imagine having all my efforts frustrated that way.

Keep us updated. In the meantime, if you come down to Florida, I'll let you drive my Contour! I know you miss driving it.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#640575 07/22/03 02:31 PM
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Man, this really sucks. They installed that rebuilt tranny, and then they had fun with some of the wiring harnesses.

Next problem. I have a remote starter in the car. I guess when they install it, they attach it to the old factory system that is used for the keyfob to lock and unlock the doors remotely.
Well, the remote starter works. When you press the lock button, the doors lock, when you press the unlock button the doors unlock. When you press the star button for the remote engine to start, the lights blink about 5 times, then nothing happens.
You know when you put the key in the ignition and turn the key, and you can hear something engage (fuel pump?, I don't know), before you fully turn the key over? Well, when you turn the key, now it sounds like it clicks. It is not engaging something, and now it won't start at all.
Reed thinks when he was pulling out the wiring harness he may have crossed a wire and causing a relay to go bad or smething else is happening. But we don't know.
He said he may take the computer out of the car today and bring it to Napa to see if there are any codes. But, the electrical guru's think something may be wrong with the factory lock and unlock gizmo.

Any ideas? This is turning out to be the biggest headache!!

Hell yea! An excuse to go to FL? Woo hoo!! I am there! I miss my tour so much! Driving another would be fun!

#640576 07/23/03 03:14 AM
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Update.
They hooked up a snap on code reader to the computer and the main computer wouldn't even work. So, it came down to wiring. They fixed the wiring, and looked at the main computer and it is toast. So, they said they found one for $60. Seems cheap to me. So, hopefully, tomarrow they will have the Tour back up and running. I hope.
My fingers are crossed.

#640577 07/25/03 01:23 PM
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
YAY!! My Contour is complete.
They replaced the tranny with a rebuilt tranny, and new wiring harnesses. That's what they believe was wrong with the original tranny after they rebuilt it. It was the bad wiring harnesses. Once they were replaced she runs better then ever!

One question. Now when I put the car into gear, it is really stiff. I assume it is because it is new, but thought I'd check with you guys.

Finally!!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard