Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
This should clear it up.

Bill Jenkins Team Ford, Internet Parts Dept. 5445 Drexel Rd. Las Vegas, NV 89130 CLICK HERE to order parts Ford parts at wholesale prices
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by ctmystique:
I just picked up a used trans and tore it apart to upgrade it and was wondering if someone could help me to determine if the syncros were still good or should I replace them.

Hope you use a twin blocker for the 3rd gear sync. or you'll be taking apart again in no time. Terry Haines is the only one with them. He bought them all up when he learned Ford was discontinuing them.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
[From Terry]....there is no way that the part numbers on that list are correct for a ratio change. A ratio change depends on the type of output shaft that is currently in a trans. There are two types and depending on the type you have, two lists......Its not a 'one size fits all'. Over many years I have developed the HMS Matrix so I know what can be mixed & matched and what cannot. To follow the part numbers on the published list will lead you into the wall. We track and study all changes, revisions, deletions etc to all the MTX part numbers.....and I can assure you they are fluid! For those with a short memory I have always said that no two MTX's are alike, the assy number on the case tells you little of what level of parts are inside. Only from experience can you establish those levels. We can look at an open trans and tell you straight off level of blockers, forks, bearings, gears, input shaft, output shaft, diff etc etc. This takes years of experience and many hundreds of trans upgrades. FWIW,in the past past I did offer seminars on the MTX but was 'blown off' by the masses. Had they signed up they would know all about these parts issues...pity.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard