Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I now have this same feature. just go to this address.
Parts Counter Express

Originally posted by MotorCity:
You guys may find www.fordparts.com useful in estimating costs. It has list prices and sale prices.

I only mention this site because it is the best site I have found for looking things up by part number (be sure to use the dashes).

Bill Jenkins I am moving to Team Ford as of 08/01/05 (www.teamfordlv.com). I will post new info when it's ready.
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
So I've done a little searching around and I can find every part people are talking about except the shift forks. Since most shops are not keen on replaceing parts they did not order (especially Ford) who should I go to for a rebuild with these parts? I also want to install the Quaife differential.

I live close to Washtenaw community college in the Ypsilanti/AnnArbor mich. area. One option would be to go to the local community college and see if one of the instructors is cool with using my transmission for a rebuild in class. The labor would be free, since it is the students who are working on it. . I'd just pay parts. At least, that's what my friend tells me. he is a student there and has had his classmates do work on his 1975 Blazer occasionally.

Any other options in Michigan?

PS -- this is what that part of the alphabet would look like without Q and R.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
A2 eh? I know where the WCC is, that's where I took my MCAT when I was at Michigan. . .GO BLUE!

Ok, enuff of that, to your question, Call Bill Jenkins up at Signature LM ford or whatever it is, I just ordered the shift forks yesterday, they have them in stock dude, and they're CHEAPER than you'll get at any ford stealership, even though he is one. . .go figure. . .

AS for the quaife, contact SVTCuervo or someone else. . .they can hook you up with a Quaife or Torsen, I would go with the Torsen (maybe contact TorsenRick?) because it isn't as squeamish as the quaife (lots of wander). . .because it has a higher torque bias, like 3:1 vs. the quaife's 2:1.

Suneil

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Talk to Chris (Keyser) about a Torsen.

The shifter forks are a factory FORD part.

If the dealership won't match Bill's prices or a shop won't install them without charging you 100-200% markup then find a new place to do business.

I am sure someone else will want your $800-1000 labor for the job.
Where do you live btw???

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
When did the Torsen come out? I heard so many good things about the Quaife through this site, but I have heard very little about the Torsen until recently. how much do they cost compared to the Quaife?

Signiature Ford (Lincoln Mercury). I'll have to look them up. Are they located nearby, or would I be paying for shipping?

Right now, I'm just trying to gather information and see if there's a feasable plan to put into action. I know my trans needs to be replaced or rebuilt, but it's doing fine for everyday driving. I just can't let loose like I like to do from time to time. I like the idea of making these reccomended improvements, too. Especially the TBD.

I live in Ypsilanti, BTW. Nice little town, although it's a little rough around the edges, so to speak. Fun place to drive if you know your way around.

Speaking of that, ssmumich00, did you ever take a trip on Huron River Drive from the main st,/M14 area out toward Zeeb rd.? That's a fun route if you can catch it when there's no traffic.

PS -- this is what that part of the alphabet would look like without Q and R.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
FYI for everyone upgrading parts:

I bought the new shift tower, shift forks, shifter cable ends, and jumper for a total of $239.71 including priority shipping and a 15% charge on overnighting the shift tower. I ordered from Bill Jenkins.

Thanks Bill!

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Just a clarification on the part numbers:

Shifter ends are:
YS4Z-7412-JA
YS4Z-7412-HA
Bill's Price for both: $11.62

The reverse sensor that mounts in the tower is:
YS4Z-15520-BA
Bill's Price: $31.91

The tower doesn't come with a cover and Bill couldn't find a part number for it but it is shown in the illistration which is odd.

I'll post how the parts all worked out when I get the reverse sensor.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Blackcoog:

The tower doesn't come with a cover and Bill couldn't find a part number for it but it is shown in the illistration which is odd.

I'll post how the parts all worked out when I get the reverse sensor.

I need the cover too. Has anyone been able to get this part?

98 SE V6 MTX T RED bridgestone potenza re950 open air filter side makers and removed ding guards , gutted percats, no muffler SVT brakes SpecIII cluch and spec flywheel torsen diff soon
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Shift tower Cover:
YS4Z-7222-AC $8.93

3.84 ZETEC FD GEAR
YS4Z-7F343-FA $28.87

all Bill's prices. . .

I'll post part numbers for the updated synchro's soon. . .

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Here is a pick that bill set me. You may need to save it and make it bigger to see the numbers.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard