Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#637634 05/17/03 07:36 PM
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
OK, now, I been thinkin' about doing something about my seats for a long time, and went thru a lot of options. The situation is very simple:

1) Ya can get the cheap "performance" fake neoprene covers for something like under $30 per bucket - the look you are getting is [censored]

2) Ya can go for a so-called "cutom fit" performance real neoprene covers (more or less fitting your 'tour - provided ya got a tie split rod to remove the center armrest, and provided the plastic ring would be able to hold it again when u re-install it back, ya'll know how this plastic sh*# is) - it looks better and the cost is somewhere in the range of from $220 to $350 for front buckets incl. headrests and armrest. Ya can add another $250 for your rear seats, adding it up to something in the range of $500 in the best case...

3) Ya can go Klatzkin leather or Soft Trim Classic - getting the real sporty look and leather quality - but be prepared for exceeding the 12 hunds range (installation incl.)

4) Ya can get the real sporty seats made by the famous names such as Recaro, Sparko etc. - and ya can get each bucket for something around $350 (w/o shipping) - making your car look real good and spending about $750. Now, I had Recaro seat (driver seat only) in the past, and the truth is it wasn't very comfortable for a daily drive - the fact is them seats ARE not supposed to feel comfy in the first place. Back then I was something about $180, and getting out of it was still a bit of a challenge. However, now Corbeau has the WIDE option accomodating the waist up to 40". I believe that that's the best option - price vs. looks and durability. The only downside is that your rears are still gonna look the same, and it would be always a problem to find something matching - unless u wanna be a real race head and remove your rears altogether...

What ya peoplez think about it?

#637635 05/17/03 08:11 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
What kind of car do you have? If you have an SVT, why would you want to change the seats, and if you don't, the SVT seats are very sweet.

#637636 05/17/03 08:13 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
#4 without a doubt. It looks the best and serves its purpose! im eventually getting some racing seats...someday when the money permits.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
#637637 05/17/03 08:21 PM
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Zetec... and what about SVT seats? I saw only like one ad from a guy who was selling them - but the shipment is gonna cost a fortune, besides, not everybody having them for sale would agree to handle and ship them?

Or u meant to order brand new SVT seats from Ford? I believe the price is gonna exceed all the 4 options combined together....

#637638 05/17/03 08:58 PM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I'd go with Option #4 - Corbeau. I'd look into getting two seats to fit in the back as well........plus side to this includes: cool factor, space inbetween the two back seats that you could custom build a sub box, headrests for the rear passengers, and oh, did I say cool factor????

Jonnie

98 Zetec Contour SE Sony XPlod CDX-CA900X HU Sony XPlod XM-2150GSX amp with JBL 8" Sub (Not much so far but workin' on it)
#637639 05/17/03 11:31 PM
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by jonnie:
I'd look into getting two seats to fit in the back as well

ya mean to fit racing style FRONT seats in da back????????? nah, I think it would be way 2 much... and I never saw any of them offering rear seats....

#637640 05/18/03 12:58 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Depending on what racing seats you get in the front, you can get the rear bench upholstered to match them (material and colors). Shouldn't cost as much to get the rear done like this as it costs to get the front seats but I am not sure as I have not checked into it myself. Only crappy part about racing seats is it makes ya not wanna get tinted windows!

1998 black Contour SVT E0 -KKM Intake -B&M Short Shifter -SPARCO front strut tower bar -24mm Aussie rear sway bar
#637641 05/18/03 01:12 AM
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by bamf2go:
Only crappy part about racing seats is it makes ya not wanna get tinted windows!

The front windows tinting is illegal in the state of NJ, so I guess I won't have this prob

... and yea, I guess you are right - the best choice is 2 racing seats and some cloth to match for the rear....

#637642 05/18/03 02:14 AM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
go with the racing seats man....i got an svt, and i dont think the seats in the svt are anything special....i have sat in probably 10-12 different types of racing seats at various shows and meets, and as soon as money permits and i can get something that will look halfway decent (biggest thing holding me back) with the stock leather (blue) i will have me some seats up front.....

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
#637643 05/18/03 02:24 AM
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Originally posted by jonnie:
I'd go with Option #4 - Corbeau. I'd look into getting two seats to fit in the back as well........plus side to this includes: cool factor, space inbetween the two back seats that you could custom build a sub box, headrests for the rear passengers, and oh, did I say cool factor????

Jonnie

I'd go for #4, and if you want the rear seats to be more sporty and resemble the fronts, get Cougar rear seats. They are a split, bucket style seat,and they fit in the tour. They are not a direct swap however as some seatbelt anchor points and such are different. I've swapped some black/grey Coug seats into the back of my tour and love em, and everyone who rides in them except my parents has commented on how nicely they fit them. If you got black/grey color combo on the fronts and similar seats to what I have in the rear, you would have something that matches fairly closely and is all around sportier looking and feeling. Here's a link to my old Yahoo photo albumn, it has a couple of pictures I took just after I installed the Coug seats.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/redcaddy75/lst?.dir=/My+Contour&.view=t

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard