Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
I'll try to get a pic up in the next couple days, but I thought I'd let you guys know. Chris got me thinking with the heat shield filter so I made one myself.

It's just a thick rubber garbage can (black). I cut it to roughly fit and then took a blow torch and heated the rubber up to mold it in place. It has a bottom, side facing the engine, side facing the back firewall, and half of a side facing the fender. The front is open to the relocated fuse box, the fender side by the stock air draw is mostly open and the top is open. I cut a slit in rubber hosing and used it to dress the top edges up.

Power impressions seem better with cold weather. When it was hot out, it didn't retain the performance near as much as when it was cold. I guess there isn't a way to get around needing an intercooler.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
yea post the pics...always interested to see...

d

For Sale: 1998.5 Silver Frost SVT. Vortech supercharger, ShoShop Y Pipe, Borla catback, DMD, Spec Stage II clutch, Quaife LSD, B+M shifter, Ground control coilovers, Koni struts and much more. see classifieds....

Link Copied to Clipboard