Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I used some good fuel injector cleaner and it hasn't gotten any better. I haven't touched a thing in relation to the TH fix. I have the BAT pipe with the aluminum flex tube. It's been on there for a year.

2000 WS6 Convertible A4 13.11 @ 107.5 with a lid, Ram Air and LTs Gone:95 Mystique LS Young America edition V6, MTX 15.6 @ 91
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
WHat kind of fuel injector cleaner are we talking about?
If its the kind you dump in the tank, that won't cut it. You need the pressurized stuff that you hook up a tool to the fuel rail with. That's what hte pros use...

-Jeff -"Buck Futter!!" My Ride! http://members.sounddomain.com/sideoftheroad
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
When it gets dark out go lift your hood and look at your spark plug wires with the car on. If you see big blue archs then you need to replace the wires. If they're new, a little bit of water or a small scuff of anything could damage the wires.

Mazda 6S, V6, Speed Yellow 5 Speed, Sport package Bose audio Painted 'stash and HIDs! w/Injen 1/4 14.750 @ 94.94 Former car: 99 Contour SE Sport Black MTX V6 SVT plastic... 1/4 - 15.012 @ 90.58
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by J-Lab:
WHat kind of fuel injector cleaner are we talking about?
If its the kind you dump in the tank, that won't cut it. You need the pressurized stuff that you hook up a tool to the fuel rail with. That's what hte pros use...

Jeff...dude...wusup!!!!

The pressurized stuff...eh? Where do I get it?

What I don't understand is why the car runs poorly under 3k but shows no noticeable loss in performance about 3k. Wouldn't some sort of fuel delivery or spark problem be multiplied when the revs climb higher?

This is what I don't get. When I creep up on the revs under 3k...I'm fine...but if I push it just a little...it will buck. I wonder if the Sho high flow cat is busting it's ceramics? I already had to remove the smaller honeycomb in the rear of the cat....I wonder if the front one...the main one is now the problem. Maybe at higher speeds the pressure keeps it straight...but at lower velocities the sudden pressure change causes it to tilt.

Hmmm............

2000 WS6 Convertible A4 13.11 @ 107.5 with a lid, Ram Air and LTs Gone:95 Mystique LS Young America edition V6, MTX 15.6 @ 91
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by MystiqueSVT:
I'm not getting a check engine light unless I do this on purpose for an extended period of time.

So then what code do you get ???

What do you mean by Delta Pressure switch ???

Pressurized fuel system cleaning is a service. You don't want to buy the machine.

Things to try:

Check plug gap.

Reset PCM.

Clean the MAF.

Check for vacuum leaks. Check the PCV valve and hoses carefully.

Make sure the secondaries work properly, or just unhook them and tie them closed for test purposes.

Unhook and plug the vacuum hose to the EGR valve for test purposes.

Test the TPS with a meter or get a new one.

Put a fuel pressure guage on it where you can see it while you drive around.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Hey! Long time no speak, Ryan! How have you been?(besides the obvious promlem, lol)

I've seen several cases where a car misfires at low RPMs but revs o.k. at higher rpms...hey, any chance you have oil or water contamination in your spark plug hole passages? I've seen valve cover gaskets seep oil there and it accumulates at the plug boots and can cause a misfire. Have a look.

-Jeff -"Buck Futter!!" My Ride! http://members.sounddomain.com/sideoftheroad
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I've been doing well Jeff. By the way..did you see the SZ02 video...you and I are on there chanting "We're number 5!"
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have to go repair an exhaust leak now (ok, the SVT exhaust separated from the SHO y-pipe).

I'll check some of these areas while I'm out there...thanks!

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Money is on plugs and wires. I've been through 3 sets of wires in 130k.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Have you tried checking your vaccum lines or checked to see if there was any build up around the TB area? When the bucking occurs, do the RPMs change on the tach?

Does it buck with car in neutral? If it does, then grab a bottle of carb cleaner, rev it like you mentioned and spray the carb cleaner around the hoses and around the seals of the UIM.

If it does not do it while in neutral, then maybe we are talking more along the lines of a possible clutch or contact surface issue.

Just trying to throw around some ideas that might not have been mentioned before.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
E
E
What's the TH fix???

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard