Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SVTDawg Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
I've seen the TCE kit, which is nice but pricey because of the Hat/Rotor setup and the BAT wilwood kit with the 300mm rotors. But what about a Wilwood/Baer Combo? If someone has all the measurements for offset and all that, they could make a bracket for either the wilwood superlight or dynalight caliper, (~$100-$130 each) on a brembo 13" rotor (~$75-100 each) A couple stainless lines and pads. Pretty awesome setup for 500 bucks or so, without the brackets.

Anyone else thought of this????

Lee
98 contour svt

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I talked to TOdd about it, seemed to complicated and risky given the adaptations necessary. . .I suggest emailing him or talking to him if you're that serious, it would probably just be better to get one vs. the other. . .or sell your Baer's if that's what you have. . .

Suneil

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
You can do it but where are you getting brembo 13" rotors drilled to fit a contour for $100?

just curious

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
If the rotors are 13s and you want to fit the Wilwoods to it I can make it happen for you.

The difference will be the width of the rotor. I'm guessing maybe 1 or 1.1 width. This means we can only select from the calipers fitting this width. No big deal as there are a couple. Then you get the brackets, proper spacers, hoses, adapters, pads and hardware to pull it all together.

I'm hoping the parts list will be on the web site soon, (so we can both look now...)and you can price it out as the same given the caliper cost does not vary by width. BUT, beware that not all the calipers listed there are applicable to the 1 or 1.1 rotor. Here we'll need to investigate.

I might also mention that the increase in width of the rotor will negate the clearance to the spokes of the wheel. How much? Hard to say, but you can get the engineering numbers off the Wilwood site of the caliper width relative to the outer side of the rotor. This is the space from rotor 'face' to back of wheel.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Nope, spare aren't up yet. Sorry, you'll have to go through my via email. I'm working on the spares list and will get after the web dude.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Todd.. you are the man

S
SVTDawg Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Hey Rob and Everyone,

Sorry for the delay with posting everyone, I was doing more important stuff at the beach

Thanks for the responses though. I think this setup would be really cool, just because of the wilwood caliper and hopefully the lower cost factor for a 13" system. That and Brembo rotors are readily available and so are pads for the wilwoods. The rotors are 1.1, just like the Cobra mustang set up. That's why I was figuring $100 for those or maybe less (plain). I'm not sure what contour ones go for, but I wouldn't understand them being more, maybe if they're and odd offset and low production I guess. Anyway, I'd love to research it with you and see what we can come up with. I've gone to the wilwood website and found the drawings of the calipers and have all the dimensions. I don't have the rotors though. Although I could figure out their offsert by compensating for the extra width compared to the stock rotors. Also, I drive my SVT everyday, so it's tough for me to break out the dial caliper and do measurements. I'm sure you have those anyway from doing your other systems.

Anyway, I think this would appeal to all the contour/cougar people with 17" or larger wheels and want an alternative to the PBR setup without the cost or need for a hat setup.
Let me know what you think or if you dissagree. Maybe the cost would be negligable? I dunno yet.

Thanks!

Lee

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Well.....I think by the time you're done and you really look at the costs you'll find my 13's to be a bit more in line price wise than the implications. AND, yes I can do 1.1 rotors as you want to compare, but the spokes are going to be your big downfall. The packaging is iffy at best. Still, keep on doing the research and let's see where it goes.

S
SVTDawg Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Todd,

You might be right. The cost could wind up being closer than I think at this point. If it is then I'd go the little extra and get the nicer hat/rotor setup that you offer, but I'll look into it. You're concerned with wheel clearance? Are the wilwood's thicker than the PBR's?

Is anyone else out there interested in the brembo/wilwood idea? If I wound up getting brackets made, economies of scale says it would be cheaper making more than one set.......

Thanks!

Lee

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Thicker? You'd beter go back to the drawings....the PBRs are floater and the Wilwoods fixed four pots. That means pistons and body OUTSIDE of the rotor, not just a pad and bracket.
And the wider the rotor, the less the wheel clearance as the caliper center line is moved out due to ball joint clearance on the inside of the rotor. Think about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard