Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#6298 03/22/02 09:50 PM
F
F
I've always heard it's so crowded with old folks in Florida, well how do you find enough room to race???? :rolleyes: I've visited New Mexico some years ago pently of room out there, and people still manage to run into each other.
Paul

#6299 03/22/02 09:55 PM
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by BIGS:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then dont drag race
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah sure sounds great!
Maybe you shouldnt sleep either, or maybe not eat.

Good comparison there....

Comapring vital functions to urges.

Hands down one of the stupidist comparisons ever....

It was a joke, street racing is definetely not smart, but why get the galant(POS i think), or any "sports" car if your not going to flex it?

98 SVT
MODS:
Something or another
#6300 03/22/02 09:56 PM
R
R
I think that Fl is being a little extreme. I have really been trying to cut back on street racing a lot. I wont go looking for a race but if some base mustang or something comes up revving on me ill probably hit it till 65 or so. Some of you guys take what you have for granted. I live in a city where the nearest track is almost a 4 hour drive away and its not even open right now. Whats the point of buying a performance oriented car if your just gonna shift at 2500 rpm everywhere you go? Guys can talk bad about your car and say their 2.0l jetta can walk all over and you can say ok lets go to the track. While some of us dont have a track to go to? Sure we can jus shrug it off but it definatly gets annoying after a while.

doctor say i need a backiotomi
98 silver frost svt.
#1232/6535
#6301 03/22/02 09:56 PM
D
D
I've been to Florida and I haven't found one retiree that wanted to race. Since they account for 87% of the population of FL, I don't think this will affect too many people.

And about the DUI thing, I agree with what svtcarboy is saying, but I also think that assuming the accused gets treated justly, the penalties should be stiffer in most states.

#6302 03/22/02 10:09 PM
A
A
Quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BIGS:
It was a joke, street racing is definetely not smart, but why get the galant(POS i think), or any "sports" car if your not going to flex it?
:rolleyes: He is plenty able to "flex" it at the strip, autoX, etc.

98 Merc. Mystique LS

Red Wings and US Soccer 0wn j00!
#6303 03/22/02 10:13 PM
B
B
thats fine, i just dont like those cars.

98 SVT
MODS:
Something or another
#6304 03/22/02 10:28 PM
S
S
Hey, I've got an idea...why don't we take all of the cars away and that would solve the whole damn problem. Whether we like it or not there are ALWAYS going to be exceptions to EVERY rule. The man with the most "correct" money and power wins!

"The thing from which the work suffers more than from any other evil is not the assertion of falsehood, but the endless and irrepressible repetition of half-truths." – G.K. Chesterton
#6305 03/22/02 11:17 PM
M
M
Quote:
thats fine, i just dont like those cars.
then why would you bring it up? feeling stupid?

andy watson on my 'Beer Goggle' Post:
AureiusX: You needlessly made an ass of yourself
JenovaFire: it was a good idea at the time
AureiusX: LOL
AureiusX: so was she
#6306 03/23/02 12:09 AM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by svtcarboy:
MarkO, don't even get me started on how ridiculous the whole DWI/DUI thing has become. Not only has the government taken away our 5th Amendment right (we are required to give Breathalyzer "testimony" against ourselves without a court order), we are denied due process (license is revoked without being convicted of a crime). .
Of course they are going to breathalyze you....it's called collection of evidence. What do you suggest they do ??

Quote:

Making things like drag racing a felony is ridiculous. I am frankly tired of government crinimalizing everything.
Leave the US then.

'98 Mystique LS V6 MTX

"Unprofessional driver, wide open course."
#9 - Hitting .400 for ever
"Wake up the damn Bambino; I'll drill him in the ass." -- Pedro Martinez
"The MTX75 was not designed to be a drag racing transmission" -- Terry Haines
#6307 03/23/02 12:58 AM
S
S
MarkO, is that your solution for everybody that dissents the ever expanding power of government, to leave the country?

Our country was built on the principles of our government staying out of people's lives, having a bare minimum of authority and power to maintain order. Allowing the maximum rights, privileges, and freedoms to be retained by the citizen.

The expanding power of government threatens the very freedoms this country is all about, and I'm sorry if your offended that I'm not afraid to speak out against it.

Patriotism isn't rubber stamping everything our government does. Patriotism is about the nation, and the principles of freedom that this nation was founded on. Those principles are in ever increasing jeopardy every day, yet sticking up for them is a bad thing?

On the breathalyzer, it's not collecting evidence. It's requiring me to provide a bodily specimen at the will of the police. I would suggest they need a court order to require me to provide that specimen, just like they do take any other bodily specimen. It will make the job of the police more difficult, but it's more important that our individual rights are upheld.

You can pillage an enemy once, but a customer is an endless resource.

James Oerichbauer - PFPC Global Fund Services

Ross: 1998 E0 SVT Contour, Toreador Red, Konis, Superchip, KKM w/heat shield, SHO-shop y-pipe and rear strut brace, no res, ScotchCal, Moda Sport 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55ZR16 Dayton Dayton tires... more
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard